Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Got home late, still on tank 7. Did get a chance to install some hopups. Proline Torque wheels and Dirthawgs, Traxxas turnbuckle kit, Ofna D/F wing, motor saver filter, RPM wide front bumper and Traxxas metal CVD's. Whata you think now?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Still have to install the RPM arms and rotostart...after I finish breakin tomorrow with my new gearing.

Resized the pic, but still came out big. They will prob. delete.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Racer
    That looks ****!!! Lemme know how she runs. I've been eyeballin' them tires lookin for a new tire purchase.

RC Racer
    Looks good! What shock setup are you using?

RC Champion
    i have seen people put way bigger engines into their jatos, this is by far the biggest:

its a .32!!!!
    WARNING:exposure to nitro can lead to drain bamage

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JATOJUNKY3.325
    Looks good! What shock setup are you using?
    Thanks man. The stock shock setup, the springs are just sprayed to match my color theme shhhhhhhhh. I tried my red Revo shocks, but they were way to firm for the Jato.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by revonitro
    Got home late, still on tank 7. Did get a chance to install some hopups. Proline Torque wheels and Dirthawgs, Traxxas turnbuckle kit, Ofna D/F wing, motor saver filter, RPM wide front bumper and Traxxas metal CVD's. Whata you think now?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Still have to install the RPM arms and rotostart...after I finish breakin tomorrow with my new gearing.

Resized the pic, but still came out big. They will prob. delete.
    That is awesome looking jato.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatomann
    i have seen people put way bigger engines into their jatos, this is by far the biggest:

its a .32!!!!
    Don't they make a .42?
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Champion

its a .32!!!!
    Jatomann, where you bin? That pic. was the motivation I needed a week ago. Tell me about the setup, tranny, gearing etc.? Thanks
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    lol, there is no way i would stick something like that in my jato. that is just some random picture i found awhile back on google or something and saved it to my pc cuz its insane.
    WARNING:exposure to nitro can lead to drain bamage

RC Champion
    lol, there is no way i would stick something like that in my jato. that is just some random picture i found awhile back on google or something and saved it to my pc cuz its insane.
    Dude!! I just went from this to this It still looks nice.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroBlur
    That looks ****!!! Lemme know how she runs. I've been eyeballin' them tires lookin for a new tire purchase.
    Tested the the dirthawgs today. They are incredible, by far better than the anacondas. I did go from 19/40 to 19/38 gearing today, but added the CVD's which accelerate a lot quicker than stock. No burnouts, skidding around or slidding for 10 feet trying to stop. They hookup and go. If they are as good on grass and dirt, they will be great for good all around performance.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea, dirt hawgs are good on all surfaces.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Champion
    Double Post Deleted
    Last edited by revonitro; 02-21-2008 at 07:40 AM.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato25n33
    Good luck with your tranny gears! They will be gone before you're done breaking in the motor. I would have went with a AB Modded 3.3.
    Heat cycle break in complete. Tuned for performance and adjusted the shift point higher. I ran the last two tanks very hard, it is strong from bottom to top, blazing top-end, accelerates even faster w/CVD's, WOT runs back to back, second gear wheelies, punched the throttle while rolling backwards, you name it. Temps no higher than 233% and NO TRANNY DAMAGE, not even a stripped spur gear.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Not Yet!! Lol

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by daparrothead
    Not Yet!! Lol
    If I drive it long enough, sure it will need to be replaced...just like the wheels, tires, body, bearings, and everything else, so what's your point?

BTW, Kenny G. Wasn't it you asking for advice on dropping a Picco .28 or O.S. 30 in a T-Maxx a while ago. Talk about overkill!! How did your drivetrain hold up? Nevermind, probably didn't go through with it.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Tranny gears are alot more fragile with a bigger engine in it. Down the road, you will be replacing them very often.
    Race Revo, Street Jato

RC Champion
    im glad its workin out... good job .....got any video? if so can i see?
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!

RC Champion
    Tranny gears are alot more fragile with a bigger engine in it. Down the road, you will be replacing them very often.
    I do agree...the tranny gears are more fragile w/more power. I just don't understand why I will be replacing them very often down the road. With my Sirio .27(the largest drop in engine you can get) in my Revo. Everyone said the same thing, 2.5 gallons later... drive train still in tact, and man it's been fun.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MRB1GG
    im glad its workin out... good job .....got any video? if so can i see?
    Thanks MRB1GG, appreciate the support. I am researching how to upload footage from my digital camera. It will be a few days though, as we just got a cold front in NC and expecting ice and freezing rain. Terrible when you want to go bash around and can't.
    REVO LRP .30x

What kind of digital camera? Digital still camera should have a USB cord that you can plug into it. If you have Windows it'll immediately recognize it and install what you need to make it work, then you can transfer files as if it were a regular disk. If it's a Digital Video camera, you'll need a firewire cord and plug on your computer and you'll have to use video editing software to import it onto your computer.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by revonitro
    I do agree...the tranny gears are more fragile w/more power. I just don't understand why I will be replacing them very often down the road. With my Sirio .27(the largest drop in engine you can get) in my Revo. Everyone said the same thing, 2.5 gallons later... drive train still in tact, and man it's been fun.
    Whatever you say. That guy who makes the metal tranny gears makes them for a reason. What speeds are you getting with the OS21? If its not much over 75mph, then to me, it was a waste.
    Race Revo, Street Jato

RC Champion
    RevoNitro,
    Hey once again I'm not knocking the TM.21, I'm sure it's a great motor as all OS motors usually are. As far as me asking about putting a .28-.30 motor in a maxx you need to get your facts straight, I was referring to a Picco.26 max drop in motor. Take a look over on the tmaxx pages and look under the Thunder chassis thread and you'll see what came out of it. I just happen to have 5 Unlimited engineering Supermaxx trucks so yes I know what Real power does to plastic gears.

RC Champion
    i know a extreme amount of torque and power can damage parts and cause premature failure to parts that might not normally fail ......that being said it is a hobby where we mod and tinker with different parts to gain performance or just for the sake of personalizing and making it unique ......so we may do things that others find unessasary like when it first came up to install the force carb on teh 3.3 alot of guys where against it stating that it would be too much and if a bigger carb would work traxxas would have installed one stock ....how wrong where they lol ...any who im just trying to make a point if some one want to go bigger .... badder .... why not ? go go go !!
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!

RC Competitor
    To me, an OS21 in a Jato is overkill.
    I dont know im planning to put an Axial .32 1s in mine soon.
    Chuck Norris knows the last digit of pi.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MRB1GG
    i know a extreme amount of torque and power can damage parts and cause premature failure to parts that might not normally fail ......that being said it is a hobby where we mod and tinker with different parts to gain performance or just for the sake of personalizing and making it unique ......so we may do things that others find unessasary like when it first came up to install the force carb on teh 3.3 alot of guys where against it stating that it would be too much and if a bigger carb would work traxxas would have installed one stock ....how wrong where they lol ...any who im just trying to make a point if some one want to go bigger .... badder .... why not ? go go go !!
    THE SPOKEN WORDS OF A TRUE HOBBIEST!! VERY WELL SAID!! THANKS
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Whatever you say. That guy who makes the metal tranny gears makes them for a reason. What speeds are you getting with the OS21? If its not much over 75mph, then to me, it was a waste.
    I have spoken to Jatomadness via e-mail to discuss his gears on Ebay. I was going to buy them, but those guys are running Mr. Ninja 21's pulling 43,000rpm's, and other BB engines, huge difference from a small block 21.

I don't have radar so I won't give a speed. I have given facts with proof of what I have done, for any other hobbyiest that may want good information not speculation.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Well for your information I wasn't just speculating, I know someone that has a Jato with and RB 5-23 in it and he went thru several transmission before going the the Jatomadness gears. Man I just love how some people try to twist things around in these forums. LOL

RC Racer
    I just got these gears from ebay the other day...
    http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=18074
    Are these the ones Y'all are talkin bout?
    Also got the traxxas cvd drive shafts, sweet!!!
    Last edited by NitroBlur; 02-21-2008 at 07:37 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I just got these gears from ebay the other day...
    http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=18074
    Are these the ones Y'all are talkin bout?
    Also got the traxxas cvd drive shafts, sweet!!!
    i have the same ones coming as you do but these are the ones they are talking about

http://www.traxxas.com/support/kb_se...473&artlang=en
    if it aint broke dont fix it...need bigger ramp

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by daparrothead
    Well for your information I wasn't just speculating, I know someone that has a Jato with and RB 5-23 in it and he went thru several transmission before going the the Jatomadness gears. Man I just love how some people try to twist things around in these forums. LOL
    Come on man....with the I know somebody that knows somebody, sounds like speculation to me. If you want respect in this forum, we need facts, pictures and video, not second or third hand information. I bet that's the same guy that told you the O.S. .21TM a SB .21 engine w/3.4cc @35,000RPM is as strong as the RB 523 a MB .23/3.78 cc engine making about 40,000 RPM, basically the same format as that beast the Sirio .23.

BTW, I rechecked your thread and my facts are straight, you said "Picco .28 or say O.S. 30". In that same post you also said "there is no replacement for displacement". Well 3.4cc vs. 3.78cc and 5,000 more rpm's no comparison. I think you got it twisted.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tommrussell
    i have the same ones coming as you do but these are the ones they are talking about

http://www.traxxas.com/support/kb_se...473&artlang=en
    I clicked this link and it isn't about tranny gears but suspension adjustment tips from Traxxas. ????
    Jato3.3,CVDshafts,RedTurnbuckles

RC Qualifier
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180180725783

sorry about that , give this one a try
    if it aint broke dont fix it...need bigger ramp

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tommrussell
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180180725783

sorry about that , give this one a try
    Yes, those are the one's we are talking about, but keep us posted on the one's you just bought, they are less expensive, and the jatomadness gears come and go for some reason.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Racer
    Ahhhh, yes. I was gonna get those at first but decided to go with "same material" gears throughout the tranny. Hey tom, check your PM's.

RC Racer
    Last night was a blast!!! Drivetrain seemed very responsive. Too early to tell the endurance of time. Although as much as I have run my Jato in less than 2 months and have replaced 2 sets of plastic tranny gears, we will know shortly if they are worth it. I'll keep ya posted RevoNitro.

RC Champion
    Last night was a blast!!! Drivetrain seemed very responsive. Too early to tell the endurance of time. Although as much as I have run my Jato in less than 2 months and have replaced 2 sets of plastic tranny gears, we will know shortly if they are worth it. I'll keep ya posted RevoNitro.
    Two sets of plastic gears, what engine? Also, it looks like you got the differential as well, for less money too. Great find.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Racer
    Stock TRX 3.3.....but I have been experiencing with larger dia. tires that dont wear out so quick. More stress on the Tranny 4 sure. I'll throw up a pic or two in a bit.

RC Champion
    ^ how tight is your slipper??
    www.freewebs.com/davesjato,Axial.28 jato bukuPOWER

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave851
    ^ how tight is your slipper??
    Yes indeed. I was gonna mention that for my first tranny that went(cause was the 2 catch posts on the 2nd speed gear that broke loose and caused havoc on all the tranny gears just about. Strenuous shifting/me operating it and slipper too tight, the brunt of the engine force was transfered and obsorbed on this gear.

Then the 2nd tranny problem was the 14t gear gave out(plastic). Probably due to this setup. 20t clutchbell/54t stock spur...Imex 2.8 coyote wides.

RC Champion
    Man those tires are huge, reminds me of a tractor pull. Those tires and your low gear ratio, much lower than stock has a lot to do with your tranny problems....but not for long. Those gears are sweet!!

I am running 19/38 with my slipper 1.5 turns out. The responses I got from most is 1/4 turn out. Make sure you get some shots with the new gears in the tranny and post back. Thanks
    REVO LRP .30x