Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt4g63
    You guys are going to make me blush lol Thanks for the compliments guys. Greatly appreciated!!

Adam Blevins,
    AB Mods
    You are Adam Blevins? Whell if you are I am going to send you a 18tm when I get the money.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by n3.3d_for_sp33d
    You are Adam Blevins? Whell if you are I am going to send you a 18tm when I get the money.
    yes that is adam....
    been there bought that

RC Champion
    Colt4g63 You guys are going to make me blush lol Thanks for the compliments guys. Greatly appreciated!!

Adam Blevins,
    AB Mods

Just in case you didn't blush. Here it is again!! I can't thank you enough, gonna blow your name up all over this forum.

[QUOTE=revonitro]Update: For anyone that thought an O.S.21TM Jato was sick. Guess what???????????????????????I just got AB MODIFIED!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Got my engine back from Adam at AB mods and ran five tanks today. This is my first modified engine and ...................speechless!! I have no idea what was done, but it is no longer an O.S.21, maybe an O.S.23 on steroids.LOL. I could here it from the time I fired it up it was going to be a beast. I lossened the slipper and took it easy on tank one and two, but on tank three, geared down from 1.4 to 1.8 adjusted the shift point, tightened the slipper to 3/4 turns and tried to rip the drive train right out.

[IMG][/IMG]

The result...yep, that's right...just a couple of shredded dirthawgs, but no damaged CVD's and NO SHREDDED TRANNY GEARS!! Replaced the dirthawgs with the condas, leaned the LSN and HSN 1 hour each, ran two more tanks and dude, talk about crazy fast RPM much, much higher from bottom to mid, and crazy torque, and I never hit top speed. LOL. This is true . Over the 1/2 gallon mark still getting faster and faster each tank.

Next stop carby upgrade, just tore out the carb on a old 3.3 to use the neck on my Siro .27 carb, looks like 9mm, just got to get the guts to do it. From there maybe a better pipe or tryout my JP-4. LOL Will keep you guys posted.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    I know you newbs have never seen this. You guys pay your respects and give props. to the original Jato. We've come a long way baby!!

Reduced the image, still came out huge.

[IMG][/IMG]
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    notice the red turnbuckles and antenna nut along with the cvd's
    also notice its pull start and no wires on the easy start
    been there bought that

RC Racer
    Im ready when you are
    Adam Blevins
    World Record holding Engine Modifier

RC Racer
    [QUOTE=revonitro]Colt4g63 You guys are going to make me blush lol Thanks for the compliments guys. Greatly appreciated!!

Adam Blevins,
    AB Mods

Just in case you didn't blush. Here it is again!! I can't thank you enough, gonna blow your name up all over this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by revonitro
    Update: For anyone that thought an O.S.21TM Jato was sick. Guess what???????????????????????I just got AB MODIFIED!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Got my engine back from Adam at AB mods and ran five tanks today. This is my first modified engine and ...................speechless!! I have no idea what was done, but it is no longer an O.S.21, maybe an O.S.23 on steroids.LOL. I could here it from the time I fired it up it was going to be a beast. I lossened the slipper and took it easy on tank one and two, but on tank three, geared down from 1.4 to 1.8 adjusted the shift point, tightened the slipper to 3/4 turns and tried to rip the drive train right out.

[IMG][/IMG]

The result...yep, that's right...just a couple of shredded dirthawgs, but no damaged CVD's and NO SHREDDED TRANNY GEARS!! Replaced the dirthawgs with the condas, leaned the LSN and HSN 1 hour each, ran two more tanks and dude, talk about crazy fast RPM much, much higher from bottom to mid, and crazy torque, and I never hit top speed. LOL. This is true . Over the 1/2 gallon mark still getting faster and faster each tank.

Next stop carby upgrade, just tore out the carb on a old 3.3 to use the neck on my Siro .27 carb, looks like 9mm, just got to get the guts to do it. From there maybe a better pipe or tryout my JP-4. LOL Will keep you guys posted.
    Im very glad you are happy with the engine bro! Glad I could help you in your project to make the Jato even faster. Gotta love all that power!!!
    Adam Blevins
    World Record holding Engine Modifier

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok, I am just thinking what a 21tm would be like in my jato. I just got a 18tm and it is fast! I love it. Whell I guess I will get a 21tm when the 18tm dies but I don't think that will be soon.

RC Champion
    Ok, I am just thinking what a 21tm would be like in my jato. I just got a 18tm and it is fast! I love it. Whell I guess I will get a 21tm when the 18tm dies but I don't think that will be soon.
    Just go ahead and send the 18TM to Adam at AB MODS like you planned. You will be more than happy with the performance.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just go ahead and send the 18TM to Adam at AB MODS like you planned. You will be more than happy with the performance.
    But doesn't that take away the 2 year warentie on it?

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    If you treat it with respect you won't need the warranty!
    Get your vote on.

RC Champion
    it is my beleif that an engine modded by adam is more reliable than a factory one, he makes them more efficent reducing wear and fatique, it breathes easier, it flows exhaust better....
    besides, do u think they would really warranty an engine after 2 years of running a gallon everyday? the warranty is for workmanship and quality, not for just wearing it out from normal use... read the fine print
    been there bought that

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by forbes
    it is my beleif that an engine modded by adam is more reliable than a factory one, he makes them more efficent reducing wear and fatique, it breathes easier, it flows exhaust better....
    besides, do u think they would really warranty an engine after 2 years of running a gallon everyday? the warranty is for workmanship and quality, not for just wearing it out from normal use... read the fine print
    Yea, that is a good point. I will start saveing.

RC Racer
    I know you newbs have never seen this. You guys pay your respects and give props. to the original Jato. We've come a long way baby!!

Reduced the image, still came out huge.

[IMG][/IMG]
    LOL, That looks just like my 3.3. Except for the muffler and tires. I run the pull start, red Tbuckles, CVDz. WOW thats a trip since I've never seen that "original Jato" design before. Thats cool.
    Jato3.3,CVDshafts,RedTurnbuckles

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that is the original desine for the jato? I wonder why they didn't keep it that way.

RC Racer
    a little off topic but do you really got the 4g in a colt???? thats the most amazing swap for a grocery getter... ive got 2 dsm's with 6 bolts and i know how much of a handful the 4g can be in a dsm i couldnt imagine a colt... lol but all im saying is if you pulled that swap off id def. trust this guy modding my 3.3.... do you do any machine work on cars?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 60TrimCivic
    a little off topic but do you really got the 4g in a colt???? thats the most amazing swap for a grocery getter... ive got 2 dsm's with 6 bolts and i know how much of a handful the 4g can be in a dsm i couldnt imagine a colt... lol but all im saying is if you pulled that swap off id def. trust this guy modding my 3.3.... do you do any machine work on cars?
    Colt (Adam AB Mods) doesn't spend a lot of time on the forum, so you may not get an answer. I am sure he is very busy these days. You should send him your engine for modding. You will be amazed! I will never run another un-modded engine.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    What you guys think of my new drag setup. AB modded O.S. 21TM, 2.2 foams, 300K diff lube, lowered 1/4 inch in back, 1/2 inch in front. Full throttle launches, no wheelie bar and little spin. This baby is so quick, it makes the stock 0-60 times look slow.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Sorry about the pic. sizes again, I reduced them to down twice.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Racer
    Very nice! Sounds like the foams and heavy diff lube are hooking pretty good for you.
    I would have thought a rubber tire would have been better in a parking lot.
    No wheelie bar...Yikes

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What you guys think of my new drag setup. AB modded O.S. 21TM, 2.2 foams, 300K diff lube, lowered 1/4 inch in back, 1/2 inch in front. Full throttle launches, no wheelie bar and little spin. This baby is so quick, it makes the stock 0-60 times look slow.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

lookin good!!!! btw...i wonder wut my stage 2 ab modded o.s. 28 is since ur .21 is a .23 on steroids. sorry 2 say i sold my jato a few weeks. mabe ill buy another down the road. keep up the good work.
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

RC Champion
    man i am jelouse (spelling?), sounds like adams work is worth every red cent... and that original jato is sweet, they shouldnt have changed anything (besides the motor of course)...definately woulda kept those tires over the anacondas

keep up the good work guys...its people like you that keep this hobby moving forward

btw did you weight the front end at all to keep it on the ground?
    @ 80% for years?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsports
    man i am jelouse (spelling?), sounds like adams work is worth every red cent... and that original jato is sweet, they shouldnt have changed anything (besides the motor of course)...definately woulda kept those tires over the anacondas

keep up the good work guys...its people like you that keep this hobby moving forward

btw did you weight the front end at all to keep it on the ground?
    I took off the 3 ounces I had on it, I may need an ounce or two later, still playing with my shift point and gearing to get the best combo. It sits so much lower to the ground now, the 2.2 foams gets it even lower. I will need some really low gearing to get the front end up high enough for a wheelie bar, perfect for dragging. It is so quick it will get away from you inside of 5 ft. if not careful.

I promise you man. The $202 for the O.S.21TM + $113 for AB Mods was the best $315 bucks I ever spent in this hobby.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jusleanit
    lookin good!!!! btw...i wonder wut my stage 2 ab modded o.s. 28 is since ur .21 is a .23 on steroids. sorry 2 say i sold my jato a few weeks. mabe ill buy another down the road. keep up the good work.
    jusleanit, haven't seen you on this side in a while. Guess you been hanging out in the Revo forum since you sold your Jato. Believe me I know what the deal is on that .28XZ and modded by Adam..must be like on HGH.LOL. Trying to think of what could touch it.....ahh nothing.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i actually sold the jato a few weeks ago. havent been on here that much @ all. been caught up in the buggy/truggy scene. i handed her off to some guys that love to drag race, btw no one wanted any parts of my jato and all i had was a modded 3.3. id love to see ur jato in action!!! im quite sure no one will wanna line up against u either

RC Champion
    Anyone have any experience with foams. Treated with 2 coats of Paragon 1st time out and only ran a couple tanks. They hooked up real nice, little or no spin, very quick on the takeoff.

Tried to get my shift point and gearing down today but foams spun out all over the place. How often should they be re-treated with compund, and how many coats to apply?
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

WOW! That is awesome! Do you have a link for the foams, my foam 2.2s are all worn down and they never had that much side wall. I want a set like that.

Edit: Make us a video!

RC Racer
    That is an awesome Jato. I am wondering, would the O.S. 21TM work with an 8th scale style pipe, like the Jammin JP-3 connected to a manifold that fits the .21?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoFast
    That is an awesome Jato. I am wondering, would the O.S. 21TM work with an 8th scale style pipe, like the Jammin JP-3 connected to a manifold that fits the .21?
    Thanks, it is a work in progress. Have not tried it yet, but my experience says yes for a stock .21TM with 1/8 pipe. Mine is also modded so it should be no problem with back pressure and I also plan to increase the carb size to 9mm.

After getting these foams set up right my next step is to order the New Era Jato BB header and try out my JP-4. You just have to cut off the flange of an old SB header and insert it into the BB header and seal it with RTV or JP weld together.

When you mod an engine or install a larger carb, you take in a lot more fuel/air, it has to be some benefit to the larger exhaust getting in out.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    WOW! That is awesome! Do you have a link for the foams, my foam 2.2s are all worn down and they never had that much side wall. I want a set like that.

Edit: Make us a video!
    Thanks, still doing some testing with the foams. The 2.2's rev high and wind out quick. No one answered my question about treating them yet. Maybe nobody has experience with them, everybody just looks and keeps going. Oh well.

Here is a link to the Jaco Eliminator foams and the compound I used. Takes some modding to fit, but easy to do. I just died them black, sprayed with Fusion paint and a couple coats urethane. When the foams hookin up well, it is very very quick and will get away from you, kinda a like a real drag car. I lost control and ran in a storm drain. LOL

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FVSEARCH=jaco+

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTHP7&P=ML

BTW, I have to learn more about the foams, will make a video when I get it right, traction, shift point, gearing.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks, still doing some testing with the foams. The 2.2's rev high and wind out quick. No one answered my question about treating them yet. Maybe nobody has experience with them, everybody just looks and keeps going. Oh well.

Here is a link to the Jaco Eliminator foams and the compound I used. Takes some modding to fit, but easy to do. I just died them black, sprayed with Fusion paint and a couple coats urethane. When the foams hookin up well, it is very very quick and will get away from you, kinda a like a real drag car. I lost control and ran in a storm drain. LOL

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FVSEARCH=jaco+

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTHP7&P=ML

BTW, I have to learn more about the foams, will make a video when I get it right, traction, shift point, gearing.
    You don't have to treat them. if you go down to a track half the people will say they do and half will say they don't. I don't but the next set I get I am. The reason some of the racers don't treat there tires is that they want the car to handle the same the hole time. It is just what you want to do.
    I had the jaco foams onece but I returned them because they didn't fit. What did you do to them?

RC Champion
    You don't have to treat them. if you go down to a track half the people will say they do and half will say they don't. I don't but the next set I get I am. The reason some of the racers don't treat there tires is that they want the car to handle the same the hole time. It is just what you want to do.
    I had the jaco foams onece but I returned them because they didn't fit. What did you do to them?
    Thanks. I retreated them and will test tomorrow to see if they hookup like the first day. That's the performance I expect, it was awesome. I will just end up going through more compund than I thought, but no biggie I only use the foams for dragging.

For the rear tires. Take a small drill bit and drill out the hole a little larger to slide right on the axle. Once it will slide right on, remove the hex nut leaving the pin in place. The wheel just slides right over the pin itself locking into one of the grooves nicely.

The front will slide right over, but you will need 5x9 bearings and the spacers from your other tires. I just used some clutch bell bearings I had and a drill bit to bore the hole out slightly to allow the new bearings to fit. Add a couple of washers so they don't rub and spin freely and that's it.

Getting the right gearing and proper shift point is another issue.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks. I retreated them and will test tomorrow to see if they hookup like the first day. That's the performance I expect, it was awesome. I will just end up going through more compund than I thought, but no biggie I only use the foams for dragging.

For the rear tires. Take a small drill bit and drill out the hole a little larger to slide right on the axle. Once it will slide right on, remove the hex nut leaving the pin in place. The wheel just slides right over the pin itself locking into one of the grooves nicely.

The front will slide right over, but you will need 5x9 bearings and the spacers from your other tires. I just used some clutch bell bearings I had and a drill bit to bore the hole out slightly to allow the new bearings to fit. Add a couple of washers so they don't rub and spin freely and that's it.

Getting the right gearing and proper shift point is another issue.
    Thanks, I got a set a wile ago and they didn't fit. Now I will get them and try them out. I knew I could get the rears on but I wanted to return them. so if the guy on e-bay doesn't sell just the rear rpm ones I am going to get the ones you have. Your jato looks awesome too. are the 5x9 berrings the stock clutch bell berrings? What paint did you use to make them black?
    Last edited by n3.3d_for_sp33d; 04-14-2008 at 12:52 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    are u drag racin w/the foams or tryin to run on a track. from my experience drage racin u may need to treat them after every pass. ive said this b4....my dude owns a rim/tire shop and came up w/a concoction for his rail cars and it held up on his rail and my modded 3.3 for one pass. another thing to remember is u have to treat the wheels and the surface ur runnin on.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jusleanit
    are u drag racin w/the foams or tryin to run on a track. from my experience drage racin u may need to treat them after every pass. ive said this b4....my dude owns a rim/tire shop and came up w/a concoction for his rail cars and it held up on his rail and my modded 3.3 for one pass. another thing to remember is u have to treat the wheels and the surface ur runnin on.
    Thanks man, I soaked them again with the Paragon. Just dragging on the street. Gotta try to win some of my paper back u no. Getting tough to get anyone to line up against me. Trying to go after this dude talking trash with a stock Inferno GT. Have to buy a plain engine head everybody knows what the .21TM head looks like. LOL
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    for drag raceing wouldn't you want these foams and then this wheel adapter? But do you have a link to the berrings you used for the 2.2 foams?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    for drag raceing wouldn't you want these foams and then this wheel adapter? But do you have a link to the berrings you used for the 2.2 foams?
    i no the feeling!! soak em after every pass i guess. cuz it takes alot of treatment if ur gonna lay it on the pavement, but u get ur best traction that way

RC Competitor
    Hey revonitro, i treat my foams with "IT" tire compound. yes i do have to treat them after every race but they help a lot. i use diferent styles to get the traction i need.

again i run oval so some times i treat half of the fronts. all of the fronts or just the rears. again depending on what i need as far as set-up.

i am going to Wilson this weekend and can pick up some more if you need it.

RC Champion
    Not for dragging, but would be great for top speed runs. The 2.2's are about twice as wide and much lower to the ground reducing drag, providing more traction and much quicker acceleration. They perform much better than rubber if treated properly, that is the key.

You can use any 5x9 bearings you can find, but they are difficult to come by. That's why I just opened the hole a little and tapped the 5x10 in place. They shoud be the same size you use in the stock 24t/CB. Look at these.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD113&P=7
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXD115&P=ML
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlet
    Hey revonitro, i treat my foams with "IT" tire compound. yes i do have to treat them after every race but they help a lot. i use diferent styles to get the traction i need.

again i run oval so some times i treat half of the fronts. all of the fronts or just the rears. again depending on what i need as far as set-up.

i am going to Wilson this weekend and can pick up some more if you need it.
    Never heard of "IT". Right now I have the large can of Paragon, but if it does not last, I will PM you to try it.

I heard about that oval track in Wilson that has the hobby shop. Actually spoke to them when I first started running Revo. Mostly I drag and bash. You run there often?
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not for dragging, but would be great for top speed runs. The 2.2's are about twice as wide and much lower to the ground reducing drag, providing more traction and much quicker acceleration. They perform much better than rubber if treated properly, that is the key.

You can use any 5x9 bearings you can find, but they are difficult to come by. That's why I just opened the hole a little and tapped the 5x10 in place. They shoud be the same size you use in the stock 24t/CB. Look at these.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD113&P=7
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXD115&P=ML
    so the 5x9 berrings will fit with no mods and the 5x10 you need to mod?