Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by revonitro
    OK guys, I promised some video today, and here it is. This is at tank 10 w/25% nitro and slipper 1 1/4 turns out. Tune is ok, but still slightly rich, w/temps at end of run 223%, w/header loose. Believe me, it still has a lot left.

BTW, please don't flame my lovely wife on the camera, she did everything she could to keep up.

[IMG][/IMG]

jatorunner92, some of those high speed second gear wheelies are due to a low spot in the parking lot. I tried to avoid it in the last two runs, and they were much faster. Still need about 50 more feet of flat space.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    You don't need it man, you just want it. The factor is off the charts. If you say that is undrivable, you definatley couldn't handle my revo with the .27 in it. I intentionally punched it at the worst possible times to test the tranny on video for everyone to see it is holding, maybe not for long... but it is.
    I can handle high power cars and trucks, trust me, I have had plenty int he past. When I said it is un-drivable, I meant that because of all the wheelies it does.
    Race Revo, Street Jato

RC Champion
    Here is a recent link for the Jatomadness gears.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=008

RC Champion
    man that is sick. NICE job man. hope your tranny holds up.

RC Qualifier
    hopefully,im gonna get that engine but im gonna buy the bronze gears
    MY JATO IS FASTER THAN YOUR JATO

RC Competitor
    Has anyone tried the THS performance exaust ?
    Just curious about any feedback .

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNVC3&P=ML

I haven't tried that one in specific, but THS makes great stuff.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy
    I haven't tried that one in specific, but THS makes great stuff.
    Thats good to know , i recently ordered one but have yet to get my jato up and running properly , jato's dont like curbs , hit the curb with front whell and smashed the front upper and lower bulkhead and the exaust , got my parts and then stripped the clutchbell , havent had much luck this year , waiting waiting for my parts........

RC Champion
    jatorunner92, some of those high speed second gear wheelies are due to a low spot in the parking lot. I tried to avoid it in the last two runs, and they were much faster. Still need about 50 more feet of flat space.
    great job congrats man!!!
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by timjs
    man that is sick. NICE job man. hope your tranny holds up.
    Thanks. Tried to blow the tranny in the video while my wife was filming, would of had an excuse to buy the Jatomadness gears. Tranny didn't get the memo.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbodz88
    Has anyone tried the THS performance exaust ?
    Just curious about any feedback .

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNVC3&P=ML
    Ran one in my revo w/O.S. 18TM, great pipe. I looked at it, the Ofna x-12 and Vantage just in case the Resonator didn't work. Very impressed, sticking with the Resonator for now.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MRB1GG
    great job congrats man!!!
    Thanks MRB1GG! Good catch, I fixed that spring, adjusted the front and rear suspension to lowest setting. Wan't to pull ez-start, but somehow need to add some of that weight back to the front. You think taping the tires is worth it? Any other advise would be appreciated.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    tapeing the tire is worth it
    www.freewebs.com/davesjato,Axial.28 jato bukuPOWER

RC Champion
    Thanks Dave851, might try that today. Hard to tell how much ballooning in the video, but look like flat Krispy Kreme's. LOL
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    To get the video to play, you have to double click, sorry. Thanks for asking.

[IMG][/IMG]
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    OK guys, hope everyone enjoyed the video. Now let's go back to work, I need some help here.

I decided to go ahead and pull the ez-start to shave some weight. I have an Ofna rotostart and picked up another backplate. When trying to install, it looks like it is going to be a very tight fit, maybe not able to get the shaft to it conveniently without hacking up my new body and mud gard. Was this a waste or what?

Advice with pics of your install, and any mods necessary to the frame and body especially to make it work is appreciated. Thanks
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    I saw a post on another forum where a guy did this. He rotated the roto-start to the bottom and had to trim the mud gaurd and body to get the starter wand in, it barely clears the tire and header.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have the hot bodies one for the t-maxx. It is awesome!

No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Champion
    Thanks guys, got it installed no problem. Any picts with the body on. My hand started shaking with the dremmel. Afraid to start cutting. Had to hack up my Revo body for side pipe and never got over it. LOL
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    guess who just got a 21tm? and guess where its going ?
    thanks revonitro lol now i gotta see how it does tooo lol

RC Champion
    guess who just got a 21tm? and guess where its going ?
    thanks revonitro lol now i gotta see how it does tooo lol
    U DA MAN MRB1GG!!!, can't stop . Feels all tingly inside like I'm doing the install all over again. Man you will be blown away. For me, it is perfect in the Jato. I ran it with lowered suspension and ez-start removed, and WOW. Can't believe how much difference shedding the weight makes in accelaration,(ordered taller gearing). It get's stronger every tank, temps below 235%, never needs tuning, over 10 tanks same plug and cake break in. Just amazed at the quality of the O.S.21, and I ran a O.S.18 in my Revo.

Not that you need it, but the blueprint is this thread. Please keep me in the loop.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    U DA MAN MRB1GG!!!, can't stop . Feels all tingly inside like I'm doing the install all over again. Man you will be blown away. For me, it is perfect in the Jato. I ran it with lowered suspension and ez-start removed, and WOW. Can't believe how much difference shedding the weight makes in accelaration,(ordered taller gearing). It get's stronger every tank, temps below 235%, never needs tuning, over 10 tanks same plug and cake break in. Just amazed at the quality of the O.S.21, and I ran a O.S.18 in my Revo.

Not that you need it, but the blueprint is this thread. Please keep me in the loop.
    oh most definatley i just won one on ebay today for only 200 when it gets here ill drop it in and let you know how it goes i have all the parts to complete the job even the revo gears ,foams ,header ,pipe everything ill keep you posted

RC Enthusiast
    I may have to try the 21 in my jato after my 3.3 goes, sounds like its a blast.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I got the OS .21TM in one of my maxx,its absolutely crazy!!!

Can't imagine that engine in a light and 2wd vehicle!!

Must try that one day!!

Your jato looks awesome!!!
    Jack of all trades,master of none!!!!!

RC Champion
    oh most definatley i just won one on ebay today for only 200 when it gets here ill drop it in and let you know how it goes i have all the parts to complete the job even the revo gears ,foams ,header ,pipe everything ill keep you posted
    What, I thought I got a killer deal, you beat my price by $2 bucks. LOL. You gota turn me on to those foams. I saw the Ebay ones, they look small to me. Be great to find some that will direct fit, not the 17mm hex, a little wider rear. Taller tires/lite weight, dangerous combo for serious top end.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by speedymaxx
    I got the OS .21TM in one of my maxx,its absolutely crazy!!!

Can't imagine that engine in a light and 2wd vehicle!!

Must try that one day!!

Your jato looks awesome!!!
    Thanks man, should see it now with rotostart, cleans it up nicely. Will post pic later. Nobody could imagine, that's why I had to post the video to leave no doubt....."It's In There".
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    what do you think your top speed is? You should get a speed gun and post the top speed.

RC Qualifier
    yes i just ordered the hot bodies roto start..thanks n33d for sp33d for the pics on how it should look
    MY JATO IS FASTER THAN YOUR JATO

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    no prob. It is really a good starter. The reason I didn't get it earlyer was people said it was bad because it would brake all the time. Whell I desided to try it and it is awesome!

RC Champion
    Thanks for the starter pics, finally put my plate on for the Ofna starter. Had it for a while w/Revo no probs so far. Cleans everything up nicely, but the weight loss makes it more difficult to keep the truck on the ground. Looking for a way to add some weight to the front, and lower the chassis even further. Any suggestions?

BTW, it has mad top speed and get there pretty fast, the engine has a lot left, but is still new. To go really fast, you need a gallon or so, taller gears and like 400ft, straight and smooth, any unlevel spot in the road cause a nasty wheelie at low/mid 60's. After some more tanks and tweaking, I will do another video, and let you guys debate on the speed.

[IMG][/IMG]
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion

RC Champion
    Yea, saw those, just didn't want to do the 17mm hexes. May have to let that idea go, foams are really light. Removed ez-start, already having some weight issues. Will try to add some weight to the front in a.m.

Still waiting on your package to come? Mine came from Hong Kong, took 8 or 9 days.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Yea, saw those, just didn't want to do the 17mm hexes. May have to let that idea go, foams are really light. Removed ez-start, already having some weight issues. Will try to add some weight to the front in a.m.

Still waiting on your package to come? Mine came from Hong Kong, took 8 or 9 days.
    mine is coming from hong kong too ....probably same place lol i guess another week

RC Champion
    19/38 is the same as the 20/40 both equal to a 2.0 ,19/36 =1.8 and i tried to go 20/36 not enough gear unless you do some modding
    MRB1GG, guess what!! I tried the combo 20/36, yes 20/36=1.80, not 20/38 and ran two tanks today, no problems. Gear mesh not as tight as the odd even combo, but it works. All I can say is, huge difference, I just got way faster on the top. At first, I lost a step on the bottom, to compensate I adjusted the slipper from 1 1/4 turn to 1 turn out, and BAM!! She ran like a scalded dog. It bites and screams off the line. At top speed it peeled right out of one of those new DirtHawgs. LOL....I still need to try and lower the truck more somehow and add weight to the front. Maybe even give the foams or 30 series road rages a try.

BTW, Hope your engine comes soon.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    MRB1GG, guess what!! I tried the combo 20/36, yes 20/36=1.80, not 20/38 and ran two tanks today, no problems. Gear mesh not as tight as the odd even combo, but it works. All I can say is, huge difference, I just got way faster on the top. At first, I lost a step on the bottom, to compensate I adjusted the slipper from 1 1/4 turn to 1 turn out, and BAM!! She ran like a scalded dog. It bites and screams off the line. At top speed it peeled right out of one of those new DirtHawgs. LOL....I still need to try and lower the truck more somehow and add weight to the front. Maybe even give the foams or 30 series road rages a try.

BTW, Hope your engine comes soon.
    wooohooooo did those gears 20/36 fit with no mods i tried that gear ratio and couldnt get a good gear mesh well with out modding let me know how you did that thanks and go baby gooooooo!!!!

RC Champion
    wooohooooo did those gears 20/36 fit with no mods i tried that gear ratio and couldnt get a good gear mesh well with out modding let me know how you did that thanks and go baby gooooooo!!!!
    Yep!! NO MODS. Don't know why it wouldn't work on the 3.3, but does on O.S, O' Well. I always ran 19/36 in my Revo, so I had the 36 spur gear. Ordered the Racers Edge Revo 20CB, cheaper than (RobinsonRacing). I found another option of running 29/53=1.82, but requires modding the chassis for the larger CB, not for me. LOL. I will PM you and explain in the a.m. gotta run.

BTW, I was wondering if the Ofna Force .28 carb will drop right in? Man you talking sick or what?
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Update:

Tried to PM you that gearing info but your box was full. You can disregard that 20/36=1.80, it is nothing compared to the custom/modded CB/SG combo i ran today. The lowest ratio was 1.43:1. Better top end than before, but dead down low, not enough HP/RPM, thinking about having AB modd it for $105, that would pull it. Re-geared with 1.53:1, just 2 teeth diff, and man it went crazy. The fastest combo so far, off the line/mid/and top end, just peeling and screaming. Need some parts from lhs to try and configure 1.60:1, just trying to find that sweet spot. I switched to 30% nitro, ran much cooler than the 25%, temps below 230%.

BTW, I am near the half gallon mark and TRANNY IS HOLDING!! Slipper just 1 full turn out.
    REVO LRP .30x

Update:
    .. ran much cooler than the 25%, temps below 230
    aahh… this what i’m dreaming of

Update:
    BTW, I am near the half gallon mark and TRANNY IS HOLDING!! Slipper just 1 full turn out.
    i’m happy to hear this revonitro .. if one day you’ll update saying “ it’s now 2 gal. & the and TRANNY IS HOLDING”…. Next day the .21TM will rise up $100 more ..
    all the best.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    can you keep it on all 4 tires and hit top speed?

RC Competitor
    I got a cheap idea for weight addition to the front end... Zip ties and a couple things of lead pellets, just use a torch to melt them and smooth them in their container so the weight is even... just might work and would be really cheap.