Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jato4me
    Nice setup revonitro. I was wondering what I would need to see benefit from my ofna force .26 carb using my stock jato 3.3 motor? Will i see any improvement with it on a stock motor?
    Not my truck, but on the carb upgrade, I say stay away from it. There are some gains to be had there, but you may also compromise tunning , fuel consumption and possinly the longevity of your stock 3.3.

In all my tests of engines carbs, pipes, etc. I learned that what comes in, must go out. If we know th stock engine can stand akin gmore out by opening the stinger, if you add a lareger carb that brings more fuel in, you should also increase the abilityh to remove more exhaust....and the stinger mod may not be enough....
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Crazy
    I would go for 22/54 gearing & upgrade to steel CVD for such hi power engine.
    I have the steel CVD's, but still wouldn't lower the gearing with the .21TM. You are asking for problems with that amount of torque...slipper loose or not will be increased wear and tear on the entire drivetrain.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by GIFTS
    i got a question...compare the 3.3 motor with the picco .26 red dot or the os .21 whats overall better and which one last the longest? what do the warranties cover? im new to rc's! thanks for any info!!!
    The picco .26 is not a direct drop and will be way to much torque for the jato, with little or no imprvement in top end.

Other engines don't have warranties, just O.S., while Traxxas has great customer service if early on in the purchase from my experience.

Out of all teh engines I have seen in the Jato, from .12's to BB 21's, I have to say the SB .21TM is still my choice for all around performance from install to low end performance to mid range, good top end and high quality.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF353
    Here are some pictures, got it all for $250.

As you can see, the truck is in great shape. Only a few minor scratches on the chassis and a few on the cooling head. I'm going to run and tune it tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it runs.
    Congrat's on your new JATO RobF353. It is awsome!!!
    JATO 3.3
    Stampede Build
    DeWalt 12v E-REVO on 4s

RC Qualifier
    Im jealous. Al that for just $250
    2CH3NO2 + CH3OH + 3O2 → 3CO2 + 5H2O + N2 =Jato Fun

RC Champion
    oldbikedude.....thanks, can't wait to run it!

clegg.............yea, for $250 I couldnt let this deal go. I know the guy who sold it to me, so I know about the truck. I know it was never abused and in great shape.

RC poster
    Awesome deal, good for you!

RC Enthusiast
    N/m found the rules

RC Champion
    I got a bigger air filter for the 21tm Jato today. I went with a 1/8 Motor Savers filter. I also picked up a set of Traxxas CVD's for the rear and a set of red turnbuckles.

I will get it running this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF353
    I got a bigger air filter for the 21tm Jato today. I went with a 1/8 Motor Savers filter. I also picked up a set of Traxxas CVD's for the rear and a set of red turnbuckles.

I will get it running this weekend.
    don't forget the slipper adjustment, if you forget you'll ruin the good time

Oops, I stipped my tranny 1st time over a yr, 3rd run after 21tm.... already 1 turn out on spur gear clutch but still.....
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Champion
    One turn should do it if you are geared taller than 2.0. If not, you should go to 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 to takew the bite out.

It seems to be more and more tranny issues lately.
    REVO LRP .30x

I know, hope Trx come out metal gearing for Jato, like VXLs
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

sorry to here this going with you RC-Crazy anyway, you'll manage to fix it
    and after all it occurs after a year long

Quote Originally Posted by revonitro
    One turn should do it if you are geared taller than 2.0. If not, you should go to 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 to takew the bite out.

It seems to be more and more tranny issues lately.
    this is exactly my slipper clutch setting : 1 1/2

RC Champion
    All you .21tm guys still holding strong I see. Thread has blasted to over 20,000 views, WOW!

Mine is still a beast in the Jato, and runs strong in a few other vehicles I tested as well. Internals look like new and still holds a tune forever in my Jato.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    I just dropped the .21TM in mine w/o ever seeing this thread, and all I can say is WOW, not only with the power but Im getting 16 minutes on a single 75cc tank, and that's running fairly rich. I am noticing significant wear on the stock drive lines, but 1/3 of a gallon through and 0 problems, My slipper is at close to 2 turns out maybe closer to 1 3/4 and I just put on an MIP clutch in the heavy setting and virtually eliminated wheelies with 24/54 gearing. I do want to know a little more about the warrnty tho, This is my first time hearing of one.
    Score 1 for 1:1 car
    0 for Jato

mine runs nearly 20 min with a full tank .. slipper clutch setting is o.k at 1 1/2 turns out from close with me.
    talking about the warranty ...the only thing i notice is that it's advised in the manual not to put after run oil in the carb neck as it's recommended with the 3.3

RC Champion
    woops, I sorta bypassed that rule, Oh well, Im an old timer I guess, i also put a drop on the carb venturi, to make sure that stays lubed.
    0 for Jato

i don't think so that one even 4 times doing this could really affect the parts inside they specified... don't worry bud

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert JATO
    i don't think so that one even 4 times doing this could really affect the parts inside they specified... don't worry bud
    I dont quite understand what you're trying to say pal
    0 for Jato

i was trying to say that if had already put some drops inside the carb by removing the air filter, this probably won't hurt if it's for few times only.

RC Champion
    Yea that makes sense, I just hate to put it down the glow hole because of how dirty it gets
    0 for Jato

RC Racer
    All you .21tm guys still holding strong I see. Thread has blasted to over 20,000 views, WOW!

Mine is still a beast in the Jato, and runs strong in a few other vehicles I tested as well. Internals look like new and still holds a tune forever in my Jato.
    This is the go to thread for a bigger stronger engine. Everything that I wanted to do was done here already. The only part that sucks is reading through all the side talk to get to the meat and potatos.

RC Champion
    MMMMM, potatoes . Ya its a bit to read through(I have read every post, I had way to much time on my hands...)
    R/C is expensive...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Sein01
    This is the go to thread for a bigger stronger engine. Everything that I wanted to do was done here already. The only part that sucks is reading through all the side talk to get to the meat and potatos.
    Thanks, it seems it has been a big help to a lot of guys, but I agree 600+ posts requires some reading time.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by iracechevys
    I just dropped the .21TM in mine w/o ever seeing this thread, and all I can say is WOW, not only with the power but Im getting 16 minutes on a single 75cc tank, and that's running fairly rich. I am noticing significant wear on the stock drive lines, but 1/3 of a gallon through and 0 problems, My slipper is at close to 2 turns out maybe closer to 1 3/4 and I just put on an MIP clutch in the heavy setting and virtually eliminated wheelies with 24/54 gearing. I do want to know a little more about the warrnty tho, This is my first time hearing of one.
    Glad you are enjoying the setup. You won't get good life from your shafts or tranny with the stock gearing combo 24/54. Having your slipper 2 turns out is helping you a lot, but you should def. gear it slightly taller just t get as long as you can. Having to replace gears in the tranny is a pain.
    REVO LRP .30x

it's running nice with me revonitro thanks bud for the past days help .. i will not forget your help and support since i chooses that engine after i read this thread till now .

also i think that the 20/40 gearing is the best for daily use with this engine imo... and the most important that it's not consuming fuel as i notice.

RC Qualifier
    I agree with Desert about the 20/40. I run on my road outside my house which i long and i use 20/38 for higher speed and i still have no problems spinning the wheels and even wheeling if it gets traction.

RC Champion
    it's running nice with me revonitro thanks bud for the past days help .. i will not forget your help and support since i chooses that engine after i read this thread till now .

also i think that the 20/40 gearing is the best for daily use with this engine imo... and the most important that it's not consuming fuel as i notice.
    Thanks DJ. The 20/40 is good all around. I never checked fuel consumption, but that is also important. I thought fuel might have been a little cheaper for you. Maybe can make up for some of the high prices you have to spend on parts and shipping.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by clegg
    I agree with Desert about the 20/40. I run on my road outside my house which i long and i use 20/38 for higher speed and i still have no problems spinning the wheels and even wheeling if it gets traction.
    That's just sick clegg. 20/38=1.9 ratio, compared to stock 24/54=2.25, and you still pulling the front end off the ground.

How much fuel you go through it?
    REVO LRP .30x

Thanks DJ. The 20/40 is good all around. I never checked fuel consumption, but that is also important. I thought fuel might have been a little cheaper for you. Maybe can make up for some of the high prices you have to spend on parts and shipping.
    no revonitro the nitro fuel still imported here and it's almost like in U.K or U.S : $48 for a gallon.

while the premuinm real cars fuel ( 90 octane ) is for 12 Cent/liter, that's is exactly 45 Cent/gallon ( VERY CHEAP compared to nitro fuel )
    so it's still terrible for me both shipping and nitro fuel cost.

RC Qualifier
    That's just sick clegg. 20/38=1.9 ratio, compared to stock 24/54=2.25, and you still pulling the front end off the ground.

How much fuel you go through it?
    Yea it is amazing it doesnt go up often but if it hit a lil bump of something while accelerating it will stand right up. Mine is also lowered a lot so it makes it even harder to pull up.

I am just now approaching the 2 gallon mark and it still has great compression and looks like new inside.

while the premuinm real cars fuel ( 90 octane ) is for 12 Cent/liter, that's is exactly 45 Cent/gallon ( VERY CHEAP compared to nitro fuel )
    Wow. 45c/ga.? premuinm?.... I paid $3.19 here.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Champion
    Im still paying upwards of 3.80, Ill make you deal DJ, Steal a couple barrels and Ill send you $50.00 for each lol, BTW looks my nitro prices are the best, I payed 30.00 for O'Donnell 30% Race Blend(1 Gal.)
    0 for Jato

RC Racer
    Hey Guys, any body try tuning with the third needle? I am trying to learn how!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Sein01
    Hey Guys, any body try tuning with the third needle? I am trying to learn how!
    Pump your breaks Sein01........you don't even want to look at that needle unless you got some serious tunning skills. You got more than enough power just with the HS and LS needles.

I have owned the .18 and .21tm and never touched the needle. My tunning skills are OK, and my needles rarely need to be touched, and I ain't risking getting it off my playing with that 3rd needle.
    REVO LRP .30x

agree w/ revonitro. try NOT to touch the 3rd needle, set it flush w/ the body.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Racer
    There just needles, if I mess something up I will just put it back. How do you ever learn to get better at something if you dont try. That is the process of learning mess something up a couple of times then you will get it right
    So, I have to try, I just can't help it. It feels like I leaving something on the table and I want it all!!!

when i was doing the high speed runs i tried miss up with that big needle.. i ended up with very bad tunning. so i returned back to the stock setting.

RC Racer
    If I put the stock gearing on this .21tm and run my slipper loose will it be ok? There isnt much top end with the 19/40 gearing.