Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 400 of 650
  1. #361
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    Yeah i got them out of there.. Did you carb the hit the trans. case?
    I can still see where i have room to go back but its the carb keepin me from doing so!
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  2. #362
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by redseal8
    Yeah i got them out of there.. Did you carb the hit the trans. case?
    I can still see where i have room to go back but its the carb keepin me from doing so!
    Nope, no problems. It was actually simple to do. Just turn the carb slightly if you need to. I will see if I have a picture with the gears installed.
    REVO LRP .30x

  3. #363
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    Alright thanks. I was thinking i might just have to turn the carb a bit.
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  4. #364
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by redseal8
    Alright thanks. I was thinking i might just have to turn the carb a bit.
    Found that picture for you. I took this a while back, but I am alomst positive this is the 19/36 meshing perfectly.



    Got any updates on the new Spektrum DX3. Saw a deal on it for $209 with the 2 receivers/2 servos. Still torn between it an the Futaba 3PM faast, but the Spektrum is a better deal with the 2 receivers, if the servos are worth keeping.
    REVO LRP .30x

  5. #365
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    No i sure don't have any updates on the spektrum.. I have been thinking though and you tell me what you think..

    Awhile back i fig. it out and my signal problem was my on/off switch and had tried the stock receiver and the spektrum and they both sucked. So i replace the on/off and that fixed it for awhile. Now i have good signal till a couple of tanks. I thought it might be my batt. going bad and just can't hold a charge or not getting fully charged. Or the chassis is getting hot and shorting something out. Im not sure. It kinda hard to pin point it there are alot of things it could be. And it still might be a bad receiver. I'm kinda scared to put the stock one back in and try it. If i had a run away i would be pretty mad.

    I need to call specktrum and see if i can still send it in. I just know what they are going to tell me. We did see anything wrong and send it back to me. I don't know you got any idea what it might be??
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  6. #366
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Plano Texas
    Posts
    2,241
    i would so have to vote for the fast system... u can ask redseal... my fm airtronics .. i had to hold the controller in the air to keep range
    been there bought that

  7. #367
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    Oh crap i read that wrong! I thought you were asking if i fig. out my spektrum yet.. my bad..
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  8. #368
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by redseal8
    Oh crap i read that wrong! I thought you were asking if i fig. out my spektrum yet.. my bad..
    You got it right bro. But how are the servos that come with it. They work well on the Jato. If I can't use the servos, then the deal is not the great on the Spektrum. Just trying to clear it up, before I place the order.
    REVO LRP .30x

  9. #369
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by forbes
    i would so have to vote for the fast system... u can ask redseal... my fm airtronics .. i had to hold the controller in the air to keep range
    thanks forbes. I am leaning more in that direction. Just wish the faast came with an extra receiver for the price.
    REVO LRP .30x

  10. #370
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    Yeah the servos are pretty good. Mine came with one servo and i think its the lower grade one. I was very please with it. There is another one they send out with the metal gear inside on them and i think those are pose to be real good for the steering.

    As for mine i thought it made a pretty good throttle/brake servo. I'm not sure about the oz. and torque of them though havn't looked into it. Its just all by feel for me!!
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  11. #371
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by redseal8
    Yeah the servos are pretty good. Mine came with one servo and i think its the lower grade one. I was very please with it. There is another one they send out with the metal gear inside on them and i think those are pose to be real good for the steering.

    As for mine i thought it made a pretty good throttle/brake servo. I'm not sure about the oz. and torque of them though havn't looked into it. Its just all by feel for me!!
    Thank redseal for the update. Sorry u having trouble with yours, but my radio knowledge is limited. I would definatley try to send it back though. Maybe Spektrum will just replace it.

    You never told me, if you got that gearing to work.
    REVO LRP .30x

  12. #372
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    Havn't even tried yet i meant to lastnight but i got pretty busy! Will try tonight and let ya know!!
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  13. #373
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by redseal8
    Havn't even tried yet i meant to lastnight but i got pretty busy! Will try tonight and let ya know!!
    OK, just let me know how it turns out. My JLR.12 is not happy with that pitch gears. After the engine really wakes up, I will test again. There is just a point of deminishing return with gearing, and only trial and error will show u where it is. The radar help a lot to.
    REVO LRP .30x

  14. #374
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    alright man i have spent all night trying to get 19/36 to mesh right.. here is what happen with mine.

    My carb was hitting the trans case keeping it from going far enough back. I turned that carb every way possible wasn't happin. So i dremeled a little bit of the trans case off and the lips on the chassis where the engine screw holes are kept it from getting a good mesh. (i could use my modded chassis and it would work) Oh and this was with the engine spacer's out..

    With them in the engine mount screw kept it from going far enough back. So i dremeled and little spot for it to slide into. This worked really good and got me really close but still wasn't tight. ( because of the lip thing on the chassis again.)

    I know this will work with my modded chassis i just have no idea how you got it to work with no mods!! I was so mad by the end of this thing. But it was close enough that 19/38 fits like a glove. and 20/36 will work too. Without my modded chassis.

    I'm going to try 20/36 first and see how that goes.. After that i'm putting the modded chassis back on and run 19/36. i don't know how ya did it but dang i had some bad words to say about you not havin to mod anything... lol j/k
    Last edited by redseal8; 08-14-2008 at 09:31 PM.
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  15. #375
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    Oh and revo have been doing a little searching on the spektrum and futaba. I think i'm going to ditch my busted one and go with the futba. I have read in a couple spots where the spektrums will do that and you send it to them and they send it back and it still dont work.

    Heard nothing but good things over the futba 3pm... Think i'm going in that direction too.
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  16. #376
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Back home w/ya girl!!
    Posts
    6,330
    ^^^^good deal on the radio, if spektrum isnt givin u the customer service u need u gotta roll out.
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

  17. #377
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    I havn't even messed with them yet... Thats just what almost every person says that sends on in that doesn't work. They get it back and it does the same thing.
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  18. #378
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Plano Texas
    Posts
    2,241
    remeber red... i can get u a deal on it... i have no problem shipping to u, or u can come and get... matybe we can rip a few in my truck
    been there bought that

  19. #379
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    678
    lol where u work at forbes
    MY JATO IS FASTER THAN YOUR JATO

  20. #380
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    lol!! I will buy from there if i get me one!! which will probly be soon...
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  21. #381
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Plano Texas
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by jatorunner92
    lol where u work at forbes

    I'm a commercial superintenant,
    but my wife works at BMI hobbies.... u can ask redseal.....
    for a LHS.... they have tons of stuff and they got good prices.....
    been there bought that

  22. #382
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by redseal8
    Oh and revo have been doing a little searching on the spektrum and futaba. I think i'm going to ditch my busted one and go with the futba. I have read in a couple spots where the spektrums will do that and you send it to them and they send it back and it still dont work.

    Heard nothing but good things over the futba 3pm... Think i'm going in that direction too.
    Sorry you had so much trouble redseal. The 36 is only like a mm or 2 smaller, You must be close. Did you use loosen the screws all the way, front and back and use the flat screwdriver or wedge between crank case/mount and the battery box to slide the engine over and hold it there why you tighten the screws down. It almost takes two people, but I changed gears so much, I got good at it. The 19/36 was faster than the 20/38 or 36.

    Thanks for the update of the radio. I researched about 3 hours yesterday and found many other guys is different forums, having the same probem with the Spektrum. Almost no issues with the Futaba any model, going with the 3PM, $179 and and additinal receiver $89. Just keep my stock servos for now. Really need the 2.4GHz spread spektrum technology right now to get rid of the crystals.
    REVO LRP .30x

  23. #383
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by revonitro
    Sorry you had so much trouble redseal. The 36 is only like a mm or 2 smaller, You must be close. Did you use loosen the screws all the way, front and back and use the flat screwdriver or wedge between crank case/mount and the battery box to slide the engine over and hold it there why you tighten the screws down. It almost takes two people, but I changed gears so much, I got good at it. The 19/36 was faster than the 20/38 or 36.

    Thanks for the update of the radio. I researched about 3 hours yesterday and found many other guys is different forums, having the same probem with the Spektrum. Almost no issues with the Futaba any model, going with the 3PM, $179 and and additinal receiver $89. Just keep my stock servos for now. Really need the 2.4GHz spread spektrum technology right now to get rid of the crystals.

    Oh man i'm so close to it you have no idea.. i bet i'm not 1mm off. I will try that flat screw driver and see if i can't wedge it in there..

    I can get a good mess and when i go to tightin the screw down the ring around the hole always re centers my screw (if that make sence). That is why my modded chassis will work cause i have dremel those rings down.. I want to run it might go back to plano and pick up that futba 3pm myself and mess around with it..
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  24. #384
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    I'm a proud new owner of a futba 3pm... Forbes got me one order going to pick it up next week..
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  25. #385
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,035
    Congrats, I hope to be the owner of one soon. Waiting to place my order to see if the foams come in next week.
    REVO LRP .30x

  26. #386
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Back home w/ya girl!!
    Posts
    6,330
    wutup my dude???
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

  27. #387
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by jusleanit
    wutup my dude???
    All good bro, just waiting on this well needed rain to clear up. Just itching to get some runs in. My crazy son just took the Revo out in the drizzling rain. Came back in a told me to hock the Stampede on Ebay, the Revo is his. Worked out good, my excuse to get that new car next month.
    REVO LRP .30x

  28. #388
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Back home w/ya girl!!
    Posts
    6,330
    das wusup...4cast was no ran sunny skies hear...needless to say a t-storm warning was in effect bout 2hrs lata. been rainin all day hea

    sounds like da revo is jr's now my lil one is only 11mos so we got a ways to go.
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

  29. #389
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    61

    OS .21 air filter

    I'm thinking about putting the os .21 on my jato. Can the traxxas airfilters be used with this os.21 motor or do I need to use one specific for the os.21?

  30. #390
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    It will work but you can get a after market one that will work alittle better..
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

  31. #391
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by hjsrustler2.5R
    I'm thinking about putting the os .21 on my jato. Can the traxxas airfilters be used with this os.21 motor or do I need to use one specific for the os.21?
    You can use the Traxxas filter, but your engine will breath and run a lot better if you don't. You should try either the motor saver or the Ofna 1/8 filters. They come 2 in a pak preglued and are the best I have tried so far.

    You will enjoy running the .21TM. It won't give you blistering top speed, but geared properly is fast enough with excellent low/mid power, and very reliable and easy to tune.
    REVO LRP .30x

  32. #392
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    61

    Top speed with .21 upgrade

    The top speed with the os.21 will not be faster than 3.3? I would think It should be faster top end cuz that is what I am looking for. What is the recomended gearing for this motor for top end speed?

    Also will the os.21 just drop into place on the jato engine mount etc? how about the easy start that can be used with the .21.

    I was looking at other motors to put on my jato does anyone know anything about the trinity .21, it is 3.5cc motor.

  33. #393
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Plano Texas
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by hjsrustler2.5R
    The top speed with the os.21 will not be faster than 3.3? I would think It should be faster top end cuz that is what I am looking for. What is the recomended gearing for this motor for top end speed?

    Also will the os.21 just drop into place on the jato engine mount etc? how about the easy start that can be used with the .21.

    I was looking at other motors to put on my jato does anyone know anything about the trinity .21, it is 3.5cc motor.
    start at the first thread and read.... it's all in here
    been there bought that

  34. #394
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by forbes
    start at the first thread and read.... it's all in here
    It is all in here and some.

    Quote Originally Posted by hjsrustler2.5R
    The top speed with the os.21 will not be faster than 3.3? I would think It should be faster top end cuz that is what I am looking for. What is the recomended gearing for this motor for top end speed?

    Also will the os.21 just drop into place on the jato engine mount etc? how about the easy start that can be used with the .21.

    I was looking at other motors to put on my jato does anyone know anything about the trinity .21, it is 3.5cc motor.
    Well, that BB .21 won't give it to ya...just a bunch of headaches is what you gonna get. Here is my Jato. The 1st video is my .21TM stock 19/40 revo gears. Can be geared taller to 19/38 or 36 and be faster on top adn reduce wheelies. Plenty fast enough for most, especially the last 2 runs w/all 4'rs planted.

    The second is my Picco JLR .12 w/ 22/46 shorter than stock gears. When it goes by, it looks and sounds like it's doing 80, due to the high rpm.

    The distance for the JLR is under 300ft and the .21TM is about 325-350 ft. I can tell you how fast both videos are, but I bet you can't guess within 3mph. I can't even do it, not from 350ft away. Looks are deceiving, only the radar can tell for sure. I have made many radar runs with both setups and still off most of the time.

    I say 3 mph, because that may be the max diff between a stock .21tm and a well tuned stock 3.3 on top end, and I promise you with the tork of the .21TM, geared properly it will hit top speed fast.



    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-30-2008 at 06:43 AM. Reason: merge
    REVO LRP .30x

  35. #395
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Plano Texas
    Posts
    2,241
    so much respect for honesty in this forum... ears make u see things
    been there bought that

  36. #396
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Albany, IN
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by forbes
    so much respect for honesty in this forum... ears make u see things
    So true! This is why I spent the $ on a X-Dyno for my business. It's the best piece of equipment I have bought for my business hands down!
    Adam Blevins
    World Record holding Engine Modifier

  37. #397
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    61

    about to join the .21 club

    Well my os 21tm engine for my jato is on its way, about to be apart of thw 21 club soon. Does the motor come with high speed needle or do I need to buy one separate? can't wait

  38. #398
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Back home w/ya girl!!
    Posts
    6,330
    all needles should be in tact
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

  39. #399
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Germantown NY
    Posts
    297
    The needles should be on there but you may want to make sure they are on tight. Right after i finished breaking mine in i realized that the needle housing was loose.
    There is a bad job with paint to show what was loose on mine.
    2CH3NO2 + CH3OH + 3O2 → 3CO2 + 5H2O + N2 =Jato Fun

  40. #400
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    durant oklahoma
    Posts
    619
    +1 on that mine had one loose too....
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •