Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    Not EMAXX but dual vxl non the less.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rc!!!
    thos are some SICK set ups!!!!!!!
    thanks..i just followed the advice of a lot of smart people...im still tweaking it...still some temp issues after high speed passes....just bought a temp gun so i can more accurately measure temps.
    Been there, done that.

RC Racer
    very nice trucks

RC Qualifier
    TDC57 so now that you have had time to take it out a few times, are you happy with the setup? I just asked the same thing on another thread and really want to hear from v-twin users that have had this setup over a month and give a review of run times, heat issues etc...

I would like to use this setup as the truck will be run on a track on a weekly basis and need to keep up with the nitro buggies at the track. I want to be able to stick around the track a few hours without calling it a day after 15 minutes or even 30. Of course, willing to give it a rest in between and monitor the heat. Anyways hope to hear from TDC57 and anyone else that has been using this setup for a while now.

Thanks

RC Champion
    yes...those are a few months old now....im building another emaxx with an 8xl, mamba max, 4s lipo, castle bec, phaltline 40's, and will "slam" the suspension to et a lower c.o.g.......I just want to go about 55mph- but i want it to get there quickly!

the v-twin was really torque-e......almost uncontrollable at wot..
    Been there, done that.

RC Qualifier
    Hay espresso1967: Yes I still have my beats and beat on every weekend, it's been a pleasure driving it and would still highly recommend it to anyone who is in search of the asphalt ripping machine. I've finally got used to all of the (torque) and can pull wheelies as long as I want and at extremely high speeds without loosing it.

I have broken all of stock drive shafts at least once (replaced with Traxxas CVD) and gone through 2 diff, my transmission is next thing that will go, but E-Bay is just a click away. I've been running it exclusively on 3s 5400 and get around 15-20 minutes of pure enjoyment out of it.

Although I have not yet found the perfect gearing, I'm currently running it with 58/18 and I can go a good 12+ minutes without even worrying about heat, but I usually check it every 8-10 for precaution sake.

Itís never seen the track but it has seen the (curb, trees, trashcans, park benches, parked cars and the occasional house)

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by TDC57; 03-25-2008 at 11:44 PM.

RC Qualifier
    That is an awesome setup which is definitely worth the money.
    Vehicle(s): None
    Owned:Rustler,Slash,E-Maxx

RC Competitor
    So this same setup should work fine in my 3906? I have the full 3.3 driveline on it and the steel idlers in the tranny.

RC Qualifier
    I would assume so??, although Iíve been told many times that the 3906 transmission is not as strong as the 3905. (for what itís worth).. and trust me this thing is fire breathing, asphalt scorching, wheelie pulling beast with torque to spare

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    3.3spec drive line and steel idlers shouod be fine to handle the V-twin- only possible weaklink might be the little pin that holds the input gear onto the input shaft; if it breaks, replace with drill bit/hex key and trim to fit.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    A little off subject but how do you think the v-twin will work in a revo? with a emaxx tranny?...more stable?

shown with moc-up motors and esc
    http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/i...rent=revo2.jpg
    MMM is giving new meaning to "Make Em Cry

RC Champion
    From what I understand the Revo doesn't have quite enough room for a clean install with two ESCs, motors and packs. I'm sure you could get creative and make something work though.
    The answer is no. And yes, mine is faster.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempted
    From what I understand the Revo doesn't have quite enough room for a clean install with two ESCs, motors and packs. I'm sure you could get creative and make something work though.

tempted..just look at my pic above...it fits .......see the single evx....i'll put a bigger mounting plate right there and two vxl esc's will fit no problem...whats nice about the emaxx tranny in the revo is the motors mount centered and leaves just enough room for two maxamps 8000mah 3s's...its tite but it all fits....i'm just waiting on parts

RC Champion
    Awsome. Can't wait to see it. Is that 3906 tranny upgraded?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempted
    Awsome. Can't wait to see it. Is that 3906 tranny upgraded?

i'm not sure......I will break it down (lol) when I get it all running...all I would need is two steel idlers right?....then I got to find the right gearing (any suggestions to start with),,,,also check the red tape on the pic..up in front of the motors...thats the custom AL mount for the rx

RC Champion
    Steel idlers would be the first upgrade you definately need. There are titanium gear sets on Ebay that include idlers for about $110. I would start with 64/22 only because that is the tallest gearing you can get without modification to the tranny. You can use other spurs with some modification though.
    Last edited by Tempted; 04-02-2008 at 03:56 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Those ones on ebay arent Ti, trust me They are steel though- heavy, but almost as strong.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    Hmm.Glad you told me. They tout that they are all titanium and very light. I would have purchased them when mine went out, glad I know now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-MaXX-EmaXX-E-M...QQcmdZViewItem

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No worries- the same guy has been selling those 'one-off, custom made' 'Ti' gears over and over again, and every time he gets busted for lying about the material, he just comes back with another account & ID. Silly thing is they are actually quite good gears, and very strong, if only he didnt lie about what they were made from....
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Qualifier
    how much did that cost, the motors, etc.
    Tmaxx 3.3
    E Revo

RC Racer
    if i were to do this conversion would i be ale to swich back to stock(for water) easily?

RC Champion
    you would have to remove both vxl esc's, take off the transmission cover, remove the pinions from the motors and take motors out. remove spur gear, Remove the RX cover, unplug the RX cable and reinstall your stock esc and titans, put 68 spur back in and 19 tooth pinions for stock motors. Adjust slipper and tighten up waterproof rx case. You could do it in 30 minutes if need be.

RC Racer
    k thanks

when i get money ill do the conversion. Hope fully in a month

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicideneil
    1. The Y-lead has three wires, black-red-white. Remove the red wire from the Y-lead where it branches off to one of the escs (pull it from the plug and tape it back onto the lead for future use).

2. The servo syncer isnt really needed, but someone said it helps to start and stop the motors in perfect unison... if its cheap, cant hurt to try it out I figure.

3. Yep, just run the basic programming routine on each esc before hooking them up together with the Y-lead.

okay my question is my lhs didnt have the revo y adapter but had a similiar one but the wire colors are different i have a brown red and orange wire can any one help me out on which one i should disconnect so that my esc power up together also for the time being im running 7 cell batts till i get some lipos and a charger and all i run my truck on is a dirt track would 18/68 be okay or do i have to buy every pinion from 18-22 and spur from 68-58 to figure out what works? i would really hate to do that. can anyone give me a heads up ?
    looking for a E-revo !!

With the brown, red, and orange wires (sounds like a JR adapter), the orange is the signal wire, the red is the positive wire, and the brown is the negative wire. So if you have to disconnect the red wire from a Futaba/Traxxas harness, you'd have to do the same for the JR harness, as the red wires on both will be the positive leads.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    thanks cooleocool i wanted to make sure since my lhs sucks butt i had to get that jr one. can anyone help me on my second part which is the gearing situation i know some ppl are running 62 22 but im not going for land speed records just want a faster truck then stock and i had and extra vxl so i decided to go that way
    looking for a E-revo !!

RC Champion

RC Qualifier
    what if u want to keep the stock spur at 68 what pinion can i go with to get better then stock speed? i have had alot of problems when i have tried to change the spur so im kinds timid on changing the spur gear. any help ?
    looking for a E-revo !!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Changing the spur on the 3905 slipper is somewhat more troublesome I have found too, but its only one gear vs two pinions to change...

If you keep the 68t spur, I would suggest 21 or 22t pinions, 68/22 being closest to 65/21 for that ~42mph topspeed with wicked torque. I dont think you could use a larger pinion anyway, as 24/68 wouldnt work on my older tranny.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Qualifier
    thanks neil thats what i was looking im going to pick up some 22 and 21 pinions
    looking for a E-revo !!

RC Qualifier
    Nice write up... Where did you get the 7 cell 4500 SHV packs ?
    I have a pair, and want to know the specs so I can charge them properly.

Where can I get a nice set of Wheelie Bars for my Traxxas Summit ?

Thanks in advance, Dave

RC Competitor
    Those 7 cell nimh from only battery packs.com are they any good as far as compared to Intellect or Smc.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome build!!!
    JATO 3.3
    Stampede Build
    DeWalt 12v E-REVO on 4s