RC Champion

alternative to anodizing aluminum (non-hazardous)

Here's an alternative to anodizing aluminum. Since they closed the other post before I could reply here's a new thread. I used this on some of my old e-maxx aluminum parts and it looked awesome. Much like anodizing it will scratch off etc but it bonds extremely well as it's meant to be used on real cars and is made by one of the best known paint companies out there.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalcast.html

RC Qualifier
    That's pretty cool paint. I might have to try it out myself. I can never find enough red anodized stuff for my tastes.

RC Champion
    It works very well. I used it on carriers, braces etc and I've used it alot on my 1.1 cars

RC Qualifier
    I'll stick with true anodizing.... Here is my Baja done in Deep Red. And once I get the rest of my alumium parts for my Rustler, it to will be anodized.

RC Champion
    That B5 is nice. The Duplicolor stuff is a low cost alternative that works well for people that don't have access to the equipment to anodize and we can discuss it without getting the thread shut down.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the link. Seems cool and also a lot easier than anodizing. I am going to start using it on my newer parts in the future.

RC Champion
    that paints not designed for metal tho...so maynot work as well as on plastics etc
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

RC Champion
    Huh ?? That paint is designed especially for metal. They have a base coat that can be used if you're painting something other than metal.
    Last edited by john01374; 01-18-2008 at 03:16 PM.