Thread: Dodge Ram body?

RC Racer

Dodge Ram body?

Does anyone make a Dodge Ram Mega Cab body that fits the pede?or a dually body?

RC Champion
    -
    ~MM5700 Rustler ~ 2s 5000mah Lipo is 50.5 MPH~

RC Champion
    no, its too long, unless you have the extended flm chassis.
    -
    ~MM5700 Rustler ~ 2s 5000mah Lipo is 50.5 MPH~

RC Racer
    I wish they made more bodies for the pede...Will a jeep body fit?How do you know if they fit or not?

The only Dodge body that fits well is this one:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...94++&search=Go

There are Jeep bodies, but they're for the larger trucks, too.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    The only Dodge body that fits well is this one:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...94++&search=Go
    That's the only one can think of, I've had a couple of those in the past and they fit pretty well, but the plastic used in the body is thin and cracks easily and the decal quality stinks, but other than that, they're nice bodies!

It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananaboy477
    I just got done painting the one that bananaboy linked too. It's a little short on the FLM extended pede chassis. Had to make a ruslter mount for the rear body post. Like the low profile though.

Authorization Not Required.

RC Racer
    That looks really good.Was it hard to paint that body?

RC Qualifier
    No wasn't bad. I painted the three on the table this last weekend. It was the first time I used the parma masking stuff. THe lines didn't come out as sharp and I didn't need to use it on the whole body. Could of gotten by with some tape and paper. Would have been less time consuming. Mark it up to lessons learned. JP38 is the one that first did the design I copied him and put it on my rustler. Then made the rest of them similar. Kinda team colors or something. I call the four of the them Posse.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    GEE was it liquid mask? Did you airbrush them? I'll most likely be staring at my shiny new airbrush til its warm enough in the garage to start practicing.
    R/C Sith Lord

RC Qualifier
    Yeah that's the name on it. "liquid mask". It works pretty well I may not have been the most patient painter last weekend either. I did air brush them and it wasn't the best conditions for it either. You won't see too many real close shots of these paint jobs. The little air compressor I used for most of it is not the best so air pressure was low and my 4.99 airbrush well 4.99 should say enough. Got impatient and used my aircompress outside and ran 50ft of hose inside. I ran it through a couple of filters but the air was pretty cool. But with some strategically placed decals even the ungifted artist like myself can make them look decent at a distance. I think it's time to invest in a slightly better airbrush. If only I knew where to upgrade my patients at......

RC Qualifier
    There are a lot of bodies that fit the stampede that arnt really ment for the stampede. Check out the stampede body guide thread (Sticky).
    Here's another example. This body is for the HPI mt2. This series of body fits like a glove.

HPI Dodge body

Quote Originally Posted by Gee
    It was the first time I used the parma masking stuff. THe lines didn't come out as sharp and I didn't need to use it on the whole body. Could of gotten by with some tape and paper. Would have been less time consuming. ...
    I wouldn't use the Parma liquid mask. Their paint is good, but their mask simply sucks from what I have heard. If you want good stuff, get the Bob Dively liquid masking film. It's what I use, and I really like it. As long as you have a sharp #11 blade, cutting it is easy, and sharp lines aren't a problem. I have done three bodies so far using this masking.

As for air brushes... I like my Paasche VL.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    There's nothing wrong with the Parma mask, I don't know who would have told you that. I'm working on 4 bodies right now and all are using Fasmask, it works great for me!

I have read a great many reviews on that stuff, and your comments are the first positive ones I have seen. Here's a quote from just one of those great many reviews:
    Parma: I tried this first because my LHS had it. At $3.99 a bottle, you get one or two ounces and it's enough to do one car. It becomes brittle and if you don't put on 5 or 6 coats, it doesn't peel up nicely and becomes crumbly. I've tried a dozen bottles of this stuff. I can't stand it and don't find it up to Parma's normally high standards.
    And obviously, the original poster thinks similarly.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't know how different people do it, I put down three coats, let it dry over night, cut out the design and then paint. It peels up nicely and in usually in one piece. It's never become brittle on me. Of course you have to shake the bottle before use to get the right viscocity, but it's not that hard.

Oh well I guess. If you've had good luck with it, that's great. All I know is that your positive comments are the first that I have read in relation to the Parma liquid mask. I have yet to read one bad review on the stuff I use.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    Oh well I guess. If you've had good luck with it, that's great. All I know is that your positive comments are the first that I have read in relation to the Parma liquid mask. I have yet to read one bad review on the stuff I use.
    I just wanted you to know that it does'nt suck. I've only ever read one negative review on the Bob Dively stuff, but it would take me some looking to find it again. I guess anybody could just use either one.

Or they could use the one that is recommended by more people! Not to keep beating a dead horse here, but volumes do speak masses.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bashin Maxxer15

What front bumper you got there?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It was a hunk of aluminum bent into a skidplate like thing with a Maxx bumper bolted to it. Cooleo added the Maxx bumper before I bought the truck from him. Currently, I run a RPM bumper, though.