RC poster

servo swap on vxl, esc not programming

stripped out my 2075 servo. tried to replace it with a 2055 while waiting for gear replacement kit.
    after reassembly the first time I tried to program the esc the steering was the throttle and vice versa.
    second attempt there was no throttle, only steering, and programming will not go past the green then red blink 1st phase.

thought that maybe there was something the 2.4 reciever didn't like about this old servo.
    so then I tried the futaba am receiver that the 2055 was originally with on my parts pede and the same problem! no throttle only steering and a non programming esc
    I plugged in the broke 2075 to see if I could reprogram it to back to normal. Nope! then tried reprogramming with both kinds of receivers and using the 2075 but still have the same problem
    what have I done wrong? or is it that vxl pedes can't run analog receivers/servos?

RC poster
    Ya sounds like ur old servo u put in is junk. It's probably not connecting with the esc as it might have problems. So sounds like you'll need a new servo.

RC Qualifier
    The programing is a &%#@$ but it can be done. The newer 2.4 gig Transmitters will not let the throttle work if the throttle trim is not centered. On some there is a multifunction knob that can be programed for throttle trim. Servo and throttle reversing require programing also if necessary.
    Good luck! When I do this i typicaly have to try several times to get it correct. Don

RC poster
    had the servo and esc plugged into the wrong channel numbers for a while..
    swapped gears from the 2055 to the 2075 works great now! but a hitec 5645 is on my wishlist for sure
    dons right. programming is tough for a newguy.
    got the steering reversed left right right left fooling with controller buttons.