Thread: New Pipe

RC Racer

New Pipe

Wow this forum is dead! Thought I'd post a pic of my newly aquired pipe before they shut the pede forum down:

Traxxas P/N 5485

Nice looking truck! I bet she goes pretty good!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    Thanks! Yeah its a blast...but I haven't even started it up in about 2 months due to the weather! Can't wait to get back out there...

RC Racer
    I hear ya! Pretty quiet around here. Great looking truck! No wheelie bar? How do you keep the rubber side down? I bolted on a piece of alum. flatstock on my sons pede, about 6 inches long. keeps the fronts 4-5 inches off the ground and doesnt flip over anymore. Is that an aftermarket body or did it come with the truck?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by apk2005 View Post
    I hear ya! Pretty quiet around here. Great looking truck! No wheelie bar? How do you keep the rubber side down? I bolted on a piece of alum. flatstock on my sons pede, about 6 inches long. keeps the fronts 4-5 inches off the ground and doesnt flip over anymore. Is that an aftermarket body or did it come with the truck?
    I use to have a wheelie bar but it im"peded" my jumping capabilities. Im also running the 22t clutch bell so that helps reduce the wheelies. The body is an aftermarket j concepts that I painted and glued in honor of one of my favorite shows...

RC Champion
    Nice Stampede!
    RC enthusiast!

RC Racer
    Thanks man
    mERV |3.3 T-Maxx|3.3 Revo|.28 Madbash

RC Champion
    Nice!!! I'm working on a Pede project with a 3.3 I just rebuilt. I'm sure its going to be intense. What do you think of the 3.3 in the pede? I need to order a spur. What the smallest spur (highest gearing) that will still mesh fine with a 22t CB? Thanks and nice work!
    Shaggy...

RC Racer
    This has been discussed a lot on this forum but the 3.3 is a lot of power for the pede. I'm sure it'll work, but the 2.5 is MORE than enough power for the little pede. Most people would advise you to go the 2.5 route....myself included.

I'm not sure of the smallest spur, I run the 64T or 66T with my 22T clutch bell with good results.

Post up some vids of this beast when you're done!
    mERV |3.3 T-Maxx|3.3 Revo|.28 Madbash

RC Champion
    Its going to be a long time till im done with it for money reasons. I got some cool Nitro Rustler videos up here http://web.mac.com/shaggy101086/Shag...o_Rustler.html Thats a cool video you posted in the pics thread. Thanks
    Shaggy...