RC Champion

What is the suggested approach to simplify Transmitter/Receivers

I would like to have 'One' transmitter to operate two or three vehicles. My current receivers are the old crystal type.

I want to get a new TQi and have it be available to run all three vehicles. So do I just buy the extra receivers to put in them?
    Will the TQ receiver in my grandsons car work or will it have to be the 'link' model to work?

If I want to run all three cars at the same time then I can use any Traxxas 'link' transmitter to operate any one of them once 'linked' to the vehicle?

Hope I haven't confused the question to badly

thanks.........

RC Champion
    If it was me i would stick to the traxxas link radio system.

RC Competitor
    From what hear...the TQi can link to about 30 different Traxxas vehicles. You just would have to scroll through the menu and find your vehicle. I could be wrong because I haven't used the new TQi myself yet because Traxxas hasn't made it available to purchase...it only comes included with the X-O. I asked a similar question in general about purchasing the TQi...but I'm assuming you could run multiple cars with that one radio. Hope I helped you out some.

RC Champion
    Thanks jaman, appreciate your opinion.

Thanks AuthenticMe, going to give a try with the new TQi, what the heck looks like fun!