Thread: TRX 3.3 Specs

RC Champion

Question TRX 3.3 Specs

can anyone get me accurate specs for the 3.3 engine?

if you can, also state the source you got it from (traxxas stupidly dont have it on their website).

im talking about things like:

Displacement
    Brake Horse Power
    Bore
    Stroke
    Practical rpm
    Maximum Horse Power at RPM
    Maximum RPM

cheers
    96% Warn... don't tick me off!

RC Champion
    The displacement is in the name: 3.3 cubic centimeters. This is almost exactly 1/5 of a cubic inch. As for horsepower, the engine's real horsepower has been debated many times. However, based on the calculations from an acceleration curve, the T-Maxx and Revo 3.3 both put down about 0.6 horsepower at the wheels, with a crank horsepower of probably around 1. The usable RPM range is roughly 18,000 to 40,000, with peak power generated between 30,000 and 35,000 rpm. IIRC, the 3.3 uses the same bore and stroke, both around 0.40 inches, but this I don't know for certain. Anyone have a 3.3 taken apart and a good pair of calipers?

RC Champion
    if ur correct about the horsepower, thats not impressive at all. hpi's new engine completely blows the 3.3 away!
    96% Warn... don't tick me off!

RC Champion
    Nope, they're all overrated.

Basically none of the RC nitro engines put out anywhere close to the claimed horsepower, if you actually look at acceleration curves.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thats right if you look at the claimed horse power of an engine its like 1.33 for the TRX 2.5, unless you have tested this HPI engine I can understand if its more powerful than the 3.3 but it will not be what they claim
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!