RC Racer

T-Maxx 3.3 vs. Revo 3.3

the t-maxx and the revo almost have the same specifications and pretty much the same speeds. I am looking forward to getting a t-maxx 3.3 or a revo 3.3 and they pratically have the same things in them... to me the only thing that is different is the price..... can sombody please tell me what are the differences between these 2 monster trucks

RC Champion
    They are quite different actually. The Revo has an extremely different suspension, one that is much better suited to racing than the T-maxx, and will be more adjustable and handle better. Also, the revo's suspension looks cooler

In addition, the revo in general seems a bit more durable than the maxx. Between the two, I would go revo, though they are both good choices.

RC Competitor
    As enforcer said, the Revo is 100 percent better for racing and driving. Go with the Revo.
    Those Poles Will Get You Every Time...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by new to rc cars
    the t-maxx and the revo almost have the same specifications and pretty much the same speeds. I am looking forward to getting a t-maxx 3.3 or a revo 3.3 and they pratically have the same things in them... to me the only thing that is different is the price..... can sombody please tell me what are the differences between these 2 monster trucks
    I had the same dilema and I went with the revo and I am glad i did. Absolutly love it.
    just my two cents.
    What's a REVO 3.3?

RC Qualifier
    Revo is more of a racing truck and the T-MAXX is more suited for Bashing, not taking away from the Revo's bashing ability of course

1. Revo has more suspension travel
    2. Revo has longer wheel base
    3. Revo has Limited Slip Differentials
    4. Revo Rear exhaust (better pipe) vs. MAXX side exhaust
    5. Revo has low profile tank for better fuel delivery

I went with the Revo and never looked back.
    "I love the smell of Nitromethane in the morning"

RC Qualifier
    All around racing the Revo is your choice, As far as bashing and what not the Maxx will reign supreme. Can a Maxx beat a Revo in a race? SURE, $300 invested at purchase and it still comes down to skill. Drivers win the races, not the truck.

Those Maxx investments will include.

A Mip Header, Blue Tuned Pipe, RPM Everything (Arms, Skids, Knuckles, Braces, etc etc), Pro-line Servo Saver, High Torque All Metal Steering Servo, Foreward only Conversion, CVDs all the way around and in Center, Motorsaver Air filter, Big Bore Shocks, Hump Pack, and Charging Wiring Harness, Pull Start.

Well that's the cheap list. I could create a UE one but as that would calculate into the $1000.00s. Just get a Revo. lol
    Mugen Seiki MBX5r
    MERV
    Micro-T
    Tinity Now!

RC Racer
    thanks guys........ i dont think i am going to do much racing.. probly more bashing and taking advantage of it 4WD. if you say the revo is tougher than the tmaxx then i am gonna go with the revo. what ever is bult tougher for bashing and just screwin around is the most important to me
    Last edited by new to rc cars; 01-04-2007 at 10:58 PM.

RC Racer
    I don't race my revo. I am a basher and I had only broken pushrods, bulkheads (this was at full throttle and I hit a boulder once and the other time a curb) and my reverse gears(due to the optidrive malfunction)
    Other than that, the revo can take big jumps and bad lands no biggy.
    What's a REVO 3.3?

RC Qualifier
    the t-maxx 3.3 is to play in the grass more than racing. the revo 3.3 is made for racing go revo 3.3 for the racing?
    /_|,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)=0=)_)

RC Qualifier
    3. Revo has Limited Slip Differentials

ok i dont want to start a war but the revo has the exact same differential setup as the MAXX its not limited slip but the oil can be changed to MIMIC an LSD but you can do the same thing with the maxx

if money isnt a problem then definatly go with the Revo but if your running short the maxx should do just fine it may not hang with a revo on the track but it will be a great basher
    REVO ViperGTS-R
    If not speeding,Your Impeding

RC Racer
    thanks guys...i also have another question... i am looking at the revo 2.5 and the revo 3.3. i noticed that there is a 5mph difference! is the 5mph difference worth the extra 100$

RC Qualifier
    i did not see that big of a difference between the two engines. personally i run the 2.5 because it was cheaper to get when my 3.3 burned out. both engines are good but if your new go with the 2.5 and get a 3.3 after (if you dont want to spend the 100 dollars ) and spend that 100 dollars on parts. because your gonna need them
    Live Fast. Die Fast.

RC Racer
    well... i have been driving my friends jato 2.5 so i am pretty used to the motor. but i am talkin about speed and tourqe .... and is it worth the extra cash
    When you break a part

Get a better part

RC Champion
    From what I've seen, the 3.3 is a pretty big boost of torque over the 2.5. I've also heard it's easier to tune, though YMMV.

RC Enthusiast
    3.3 is the only way to go the 2.54 is weak in a revo I had a new 2.5 and swapped it out after only a half gallon I was so disappointed
    Maxx 3.3, RPM arms blue all around, Big Bore Shox, TSAIS drive and center cvds, fullforce bumpers, foc, integy skids and lower brace, traxxas center, traxxas servo mounts, futaba servos, 1400 Integy receiver pack, ...running an old 2.5r at the moment waiting on a new 3.3

RC poster
    I have never run a maxx but i have a revo 2.5r and love it its tough and i have a new revo 3.3 on the way.
    Last edited by revo reddell; 01-05-2007 at 09:24 PM.

RC Competitor
    I have one of each am i can say that the revo is much beeter all around from the handeling to the adjustiblity and tougher and just plan easer to work on IOM...... But you cant go wrong with eather i still drive my maxx and still love it.

I will echo revo2190, I have both and find that I like the Revo better. It handles better and seems to be built better. I have replaced just about everything on the Maxx! I still love the Maxx, but I would recommend the Revo to anyone.

Can't comment on the motors, I have 2.5R's in both.

Mossman

RC Qualifier
    I had a 2.5r in my revo and replaced it with the 3.3 and it was quite a bit more power. I didnt change anything except the motor and air filter same pipe and everything

5 MPH difference comes from the wide ratio transmission. I think if you have a 2.5r with the wide ratio gears it would be the same speed as the 3.3, just take longer to get there

there are other differences between the 2.5r and the 3.3
    3.3 has bigger motor, longer chassis (improves stability), and a tranny that has wide ratio gears and is ready to accept a center diff and rear brake.

EDIT: and it has p2 rockers which stiffen the suspension
    Last edited by enigma9789; 01-06-2007 at 07:24 AM.
    REVO ViperGTS-R
    If not speeding,Your Impeding

RC Qualifier
    I have both also, revo hands down.
    Revo 3.3, revo 2.5, tmaxx, nitro 4-tec pro

RC Qualifier
    for the extra $100 your getting..

1 upgraded 3.3 motor
    2 extended chassis
    3 the power charger can charge cheesy start batteries
    4 chassis brace

I think all that is definately worth $100, don't you?
    IM FOURTEEN!!!!!