Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    trail: 93. Expecting high winds.
    The Weather service had announced an extra tropical cyclone north of the Canary Islands,
    and took the opportunity to raise a few hours before a summit rock near my house.

-

-

-

-

-
    Wind gusts above 75 mph does not leave many options for walks quietly, would not be more than two minutes in this summit, not always straight.
    view to the Northwest

-
    View towards the Southwest, half an hour later

-
    Going down, more quickly than slowly. It began to rain

Link Trail #93
    http://translate.google.com/translat...tm&sl=es&tl=en

RC Qualifier
    Before the snow melted in the Pyrenees, an unforgettable walk through the mountain pass of Linz, 2000 m.
    Snow and ice in excellent condition for the practice of Rc with my Emaxx.

Trail #94 Linza Mountain pass. Part I.

Starting ,in the parking lot of the shelter

Soon we find good ice sheets, 5º C below zero

-

-
    Climbing the first slopes of the valley.

down to Linza Creek

the great curve, better go fast, there is a bad fall into the valley

on a false flat

"Obligatory" stop to put on crampons. the first hill in the background

Big rise with very cold snow.

-

Link to #94 trail http://translate.google.com/translat...tm&sl=es&tl=en

Trucktrail. I see you mention you're using integy 45t and Life batteries. U said it gives more runtime but less power. Why dont use switch to a V-Twin and run it in training mode? It would be waterproof, have great torque and way more runtime. You could use 2nd gear for normal cralwer and 1st for to I need powa now. I love your photos and you really do should us city ppl to true beauty this world has to offer. This needs to be a sticky.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Emaxx2.0

V-twin! is too much power for a RC that does not need to run at over 10 mph.
    Moreover, in this specialty, motors and electronics are subjected to very harsh treatment, and I think they are still more reliable the old ESC and motors as Integy45 or Titan that have been sufficiently tested for long.

One option that I find most interesting would be a crawler BL as the Novak Goat crawler BL system 3S, but that is another budget .. and also another monster truck.
    With two Integy45T and a Life 3s2p 9.9V 4500 MHA, the results are really good in this discipline and the runtime very high, more than twice the original.

speed?

RC Qualifier
    trucktrial- This is an awesome thread! Thank you for posting all these pictures and info on the places you have been and run at. I know it is time consuming to take these pictures and then upload them and keep us informed, but I really enjoyed this thread!

Also, I really like your E-Maxx. What i like about it is that it is an older truck with some character and some home brewed mods to make it suit your liking. Plus, what I really like is that it shows that you dont have to have the latest and greatest in order to have a fun and reliable basher. I think your E-Maxx would probably do as well as a summit in most all situations as well. A summit is nothing that special, just a revo with big tires, locking differentials and a 2 speed, which you also have.

Thanks for the thread and definately keep us updated!

Eric
    Cummins Powered!

RC Qualifier
    Yes, my 3906 is old, but still will have to make some more trips.I would love to reach the number 100 with my Emaxx.
    Also, now is not the best time for me to buy a new model.
    I continue with the second part of the mountain hike # 94, which runs on snow and rocks and in excellent condition, until the heat of the sun began to melt the top layers.

Hike #94. Linka & Lapakiza mountain pass. Part II.

Ooops! Had he said that it was necessary to use crampons or ski blades?

-
    At a certain height, snow was hard and quite icy.

-
    Heading to the hill of Linza

-
    We left the mountain pass back, and walk towards Lapakiza peak

-
    In the background and center, the Petrechema summit, target ofanother unforgettable trip.

-
    Going up to the first peak

-
    Close to the cornice of snow, just passed the Emaxx, not me.

-
    Vamos !. Vamos !

-

-
    Under these conditions, advancing and maintaining altitude, even with the steering wheel turned up, becomes quite hard.
    The snow melts quickly at noon. Time to return.

Link trail #94 Linza II. http://www.google.com/translate?lang...com/linza3.htm

RC poster
    amazing!!!!! would say a summit is more at home in the mountains.

Why dont you get a heli outrunner motor and low gearing? That will give you alot of runtime on the batteries

RC Qualifier
    95 mountain trails, perhaps 700 miles without the best engine, not the best tires, not the best batteries.
    Were they necessary?.
    I think not.

Trail #95 test on a snowy trail.

One could not withstand very strong winds were a few weeks ago.

-

-

-

-

-

-
    in the background. the descent of the second rock, a bit slippery

-
    One of the latest photos of this year with snow and winter tires.
    After this excursion, my Emaxx will use standard tires only

-

* To 100 RC hiking trails.. and beyond *

RC Champion
    Amazing photos
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Qualifier
    After the last excursion with Emaxx, this last Sunday at an ambient temperature of 32 º C (89 F), two batterie packs ******* LiFePo 3s2p 4500 mah have swollen a lot, and have probably been useless.

These batteries do not have five months and nor more than 12 runs, charged with a specific LiFe charger and having used with low-power motors. I've been especially careful balancing and discharging.

I am extremely upset with this fact. The performance was good only during the first 10 charges.

RC Qualifier
    While still believed that at last I had found the ideal battery .. , long before began to swell, a route of a Saturday morning brings me to a fascinating area of rocks.

Trail # 96 near the shrine of Aralar

-
    Maybe missing some colors, but neither had too many

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
    Below 100 meters of a road that goes to a group of telecom. antennas

-

Trail 96. Four to reach one hundred.
    Link : http://www.google.com/translate?lang...om/aralar4.htm

RC Qualifier
    Mountain Hike #97. Piskerra
    42°12'21.10" N 1°26'48.53" W

Again in the semi-desert area of the Bardenas, accompanied by my wife and youngest son will get to a hill called Piskerra,
    characteristic for filing a cap-shaped erosion.

Walking through the cracks in the ground

-

-

-
    A great arc of about ninety feet high stands on the dry riverbed. Unfortunately, there is not easy to approach.

-
    Going up to the "Paso de los Ciervos"

-
    In the background, the image of Piskerra, With a difficult area in the middle section

-
    Picture below courtesy of Peña Karria Mountain group . Central section of the climb

-

-
    From the top. Old military observation tower.

-
    At the end of the trail playing with mud, extremely sticky

Link Trail #97 Piskerra.
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...m/piskerra.htm

Missing only three to reach 100

RC Qualifier
    Great pictures!

I was going to buy the LiFe batteries for my Brushless Associated Monster GT. However, after looking around, I have heard of several people having problems with them. They dont seem to be holding up well, which is aggrovating. I am running brushless and still get good run time with NiMh's as long as I dont run wide open a lot, so Ill probably stick with NiMh for now.

It is aggrovating that the LiFe batteries are having problems though because I also thought I had found some great batteries. I guess Ill keep running NiMh until I find something i like really well, or the LiFe start holding up better.

Eric
    Cummins Powered!

RC Qualifier
    I'm probably going to have to throw away two nearly new batteries Lipofe ******* 3s2p 4500 mah I bought five months ago , and are not even 12 charges at 3A.

Yesterday, in one of my climbing routes from 1800 to 2600 m the ******* swelled so much that it would not fit on the Velcro straps that I have in my Emaxx. One of them came out to 50 ºC and this morning was a dead cell (voltage of 0.0 v.)

In all pretend that the Lipofe not a good technology, just my experience with two recent batteries, brand and store, which, by the way, I hope some mail response from a week ago.

RC Qualifier
    12 charges at 3A, 12 runs in Emaxx with 2 Integy 45T, never below 3V or above 3.6v .
    ??
    -
    [img]http://www.rc-hiking.com/*******lifepo/*******_10.jpg[/img]
    -
    [img]http://www.rc-hiking.com/*******lifepo/*******_19.jpg[/img]
    -

[img]http://www.rc-hiking.com/*******lifepo/*******_20.jpg[/img]
    -

what you're doing I would stick to Li-Ion or Nimh. Amazing pictures Trucktrial

RC Qualifier
    For me, the NiMH and NiCd technology, are now clearly obsolete.
    But for security reasons do not want to use Lipo, or risk a fire if a cell is damaged in a fall down the mountain.

LiFePo4 was my great hope, but the risks of low cost Chinese manufacturing something we should seriously consider.
    I will not buy anything else from this brand.

Hike #98: Cape Creus. A different mountain trek.
    42°19'9.76"N , 3°19'18.64"E
    In these coordinates on Google Earth, is the first sign of long-distance footpath GR-11.
    A mountain path of medium difficulty crossing the Pyrenees range from the Mediterranean Sea to the Atlantic Ocean,
    Its exact distance is difficult to measure, roughly 840 km and climbs 39,000 m.
    The path is separated Into 45 sections.
    Today we visit on this hike , the most eastern place of my country, Cape Creus, also the zero mark of the footpath, near the sea.

This short excursion starts from the parking lot of Cape Creus Lighthouse.

And descends, could not be otherwise, to the East in search of the beginning of the GR-11 Path.

-
    This is the red and white signage that identifies the footpath along nearly 900 km

Find some interesting climb with excellent grip.

The only little step in there to have a bit of caution, a ledge of rock only 40 cm wide and 10 meters long with a 50 ° side slope to the sea

And finally the real mountain trailhead. The only circular signage along the entire route that links the two seas.
    It gives me a really special moment, in which he had thought many times over these 100 trips down the path.

Since the trip is really short, I take all day to tour some eroded cliffs near the sea in a spectacular scenery.

In these landscapes was inspired Dali,whose house was very close, several of his best know paintings and sculptures.

-

Returning to Cape Creus lighthouse, late afternoon.

800 km to the west is my home, connected to this place through thousands of lines of red and white paint.

Link: http://www.google.com/translate?lang...m/capcreus.htm

Tour number ninety-eight, two for a hundred.

As always... awesome pictures! Thank you very much for keeping this thread updated!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    Do you have some thing special planned for the 100th tour ?

Morten
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for your encouragement, I will try to keep this thread updated as I continue to make these trips.
    For the route number 100, I was planning to make an interesting excursion to another mountain range, the Picos de Europa in the North West of Spain, but due to bad weather conditions had to delay it a few weeks.
    Anyway, I'll post as if the authentic celebration of the 100th.

Mountain Hike #99. Three peaks, the highest, in a single outing

Finally I managed to connect on a single excursion the three highest summits in my province, are in the same range and very close to each other. These mountains are relatively low but very close to the sea and the gap is about 800 meters.
    It is not the first time I try, but the first that I do.
    The journey is long for a Emaxx so I do not think to repeat it again.

It begins with a long climb through the forest of beech

until we reached a mountain pass with lots of stones of all sizes

An hour later, we arrived at this slope, one of my favorites . I've already done many times.

This stretch is to pass it carefully and slowly

My youngest son is waiting for me a little above

A small village in the valley, approximately 1400 m below

We're headed to the second highest peak

What luck, all the parking of geodesic point, for me.

Since the third peak, an image of the path along the rocky crest of the other two.

Returning after a break near the first peak

Route 99, one for 100.

RC Qualifier
    these pics are amazing. it's amazing what a good built Traxxas tough truck can do!

good luck on the 100th hike!
    wirgej38

Your nitro is fat...It ate my Brushless Dust!!!!

RC Qualifier
    This thread brings me back to remembering my Philmont hike in New Mexico....
    Nice thread.... its probaly the best one here...
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

RC Qualifier
    Preparing the 100th mountain excursion, I leave you a preview of a slideshow that I have recently completed with great enthusiasm and with some delay.
    Those of you with a little patience will need to download the executable Emaxx_Mountains4 slideshow (18Mb) at one of these two links.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sqjgggfsgc6nq7a

or Type 3 characters, wait 40 seconds and choose regular download
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PIJDG1W2&setlang=en

This Photodex slideshow works on XP, Vista, W7 32/64. Not required Flash or plugins. 6 minutes duration.

Can't Wait! Goodluck on the 100th hike.

RC Qualifier
    Excursion number 100 of those published to date, about 3000 mountain&Emaxx photos on my web and well over 1000 km with this Emaxx.

Time to walk, to enjoy the mountain, the RC and learn to drive these monster truck on trails that are not always obvious. Enjoying hour after hour of driving my Emaxx.

One hundred hikes to greet many nice people and laugh a while.
    Also to thrill. To stumble, to recover and start again with more enthusiasm. To resing and to face new challenges.

To celebrate the hundredth excursion I traveled 180 mi. to the west, towards the mountain range known as Picos de Europa.
    Thus began my excursion, taking a motorway shortly before 4 am,
    100, 100 , 100.. I felt a little melancholy listening Nothing Else Matters.

Trail #100. Torre de Horcados Rojos

Eight-twenty in the morning, we lined up to buy tickets for the 9 AM cable car.
    Notice the emaxx against the wall, is the first to want to go!

Apart from the bikes we fit only me and three more in the first trip, and the cabin staff, which is half asleep and with a look of boredom so capable of taking away the excitement and adrenaline all passengers with one single look.
    How many times have heard ".. and if the cable breaks?.

Up! From the upper cable car station, 1640 meters of cable saving a drop of 750 meters and are traveled in just over three and a half minutes. It lifts us up to 1450 m.

We headed first towards the end of the valley to climb the "Collado de Horcados Rojos"
    The name comes from the red color of the limestone at dawn
    I intend to climb the "Torre de Horcados Rojos"

The path to the top, it's easy and crossed by many hikers who want to reach Cabaña Veronica hut.

But it also has some more fun and entertaining sections, for my Emaxx

-

-

Gaining altitude on strong loops

-

Few shadows at 2240 m height in middle of this rocky path.

On the hillside, this long quarry awaits our arrival.
    In the left background, Horcados Rojos Pass.

#100 traisl to 'Torre de Horcados Rojos' will continue in the next post
    Last edited by trucktrial; 10-03-2010 at 01:48 PM.

RC Champion
    Awesome photos as always

awaiting your next post

Morten
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Enthusiast
    That's place and pics are awesome. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    wow, this thread is awesome, im just wondering, what do you do when the battery runs out?? do you carry the summit all the way back, how many batteries do you pack?
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Qualifier
    Thanks! I can not let all the batteries run out. I need to calculate well the autonomy after studying the route on a map, and always have a spare battery.
    With the original Titan needed up to 35,000 mah at 14.4 V.
    With double Integy 45T is usually enough with 20,000 at 9.9 V.

Excursion number 100. Part 2 Torre de Horcados Rojos.

Interesting section of climbing near the Cabaña Veronica alpine shelter. The trail follows the yellow white marks.

Late August 2010, Extra soft snow and little Emaxx.

Another stone section on the trail towards the mountain pass.

Finally, near the Horcados Rojos pass, less than 15
    minutes. 2345 m.

The Horcados Rojos pass. In the background the Tesorero Peak.
    'Tesorero' means that hidde treasures, Would they be any more,
    apart from its shape?.

150º pPanoramic ascending to the peak

Short break, and changing batteries on the hillside.
    We are approaching a very tough stretch.
    In background: West face of Naranjo_de_Bulnes peak . We Can find
    hard climbing routes like "V Empire" or "Zunbeltz" 8b 500m, and
    ORBAYU , climbing difficulty level 8c+/9a, 500m.
    Not for Emaxx ..

Eating some cereal bars,under the watchful eye of a yellow-billed alpine Chough

Rising toward my goal #100,
    Down just a few red points are people in the mountain pass where we come from.

Trail # 100, continue to the next post--

RC Qualifier
    TRAIL #100 Part III. Horcados Rojos.

From the top of the "Torre Horcados Rojos" Peak a little over 2500 m.
    Before arriving there is a small section exposed to falls that can surround, up slightly from the hillside.

-
    View from the top and zoom on the emergency hut of Cabaña Veronnica, 6 places.

-
    A stretch of about 15 meters very close to the precipice, down from the peak.

Three mountaineers who could not believe his eyes. A car is coming from the top.

A very narrow path near the rock, and a dangerous fall side, forcing me to ensure the Emaxx

This is a long trek through the reeds, it is not difficult, but that does not admit any error

Leaving the slopes to bind to the main trail

-

This is another path to Peña Vieja, who tried it a while to recognize the route.

And this is already in the final section ,before reaching the top cable car station.

I finish the mountain excursion number 100,
    maybe take some rest but I have other routes in mind and I think to continue this hobby and these RC trips ,
    encouraging everyone to try it in your place.

Link to Trail 100
    (I) http://www.google.com/translate?lang.../horcrojos.htm
    (II) http://www.google.com/translate?lang...horcrojosa.htm

RC Champion
    Amazing photos as always
    And PLZ continue the Trails

Any chance we could have a few photos of your E-Maxx with the body off ??

Morten
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC poster

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just purchased an E-Maxx used, pick it up tomorrow. I have read hundreds of posts in the last few days, though none like this.

Your hikes & images are truly inspiring. I'm already planning to take me E-Maxx hiking, once I get more batteries.

Thank you for sharing your truly original treks.

What will you do next, after reaching your 100 hike goal?

RC Qualifier
    One hundred and one Hikes? Well, come on!.,

We're going up the "slope of lightning" .
    That's how you know a path that climbs a very steep slope of nearly 600 m high. When approached, it seems a gap opened by lightning in the mountainside.

Mountain hike 101. Txindoki Mount by the lightning path.

Two 3S2P Lipofe packs 4500mah at 9.9 V + four Nimh packs of 4200 mah at 7.2V. Two Integy 45T motors in parallel. 2 diff spool lock, 11/72 pinion/gear.

I start the tour early, with the sun shining on the newly launched spring. A stone path helps to heat motors and boots

An hour later, we arrived at the beginning of lightning slope.
    The 4x4 will go up most of the time very near the limit of grip on grass, and sometimes very close to the rollover
    The arrow points to the first target, the mountain pass .

Original chevron tires are going pretty well in this area, but often have to climb by zigzagging.We are in the first third of the trail.

We'll have to get almost to the base of the rock wall.

Looking down, the hiker is now on the vein of white limestone,who seem to be followed by storms

Last stretch before linking to the main trail, without much difficulty and very nice to climb.

Two populations in the valley below, 3800 feet below.

The 4x4 , on top

Returning to the main trail (below).
    The hardest part of the walk, no doubt.
    Take me long to go down this slope, perhaps more than to climb.

I am interested in trying it this winter with packed snow

Link to trail #101 "Txindoki mount by the lightning slope"
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang.../txindrayo.htm
    Last edited by trucktrial; 11-20-2010 at 08:08 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome! I just bought a used 3906 e-maxx and I think ill set it up for mud/hills/sand/rocks with locked diff's and low gearing. Probably keep the stock motors and 2 speed though so that i can have a little wheel speed if needed.

I would like to see some body off pics of your e-maxx too.

Eric
    Cummins Powered!

RC Qualifier
    Walk around the upper area of abandoned space center...
    Near my house there is a great area to practice, and take this opportunity for mountain walks with my emaxx.
    And that day was to discover something extraordinary.

Route 102 . Otsamantegi space center.

Below, Otsamantegi farmhouse. A false front of what hides this area
    A steep slope leads us into a mountain of mineral waste.
    The Emaxx goes up sometimes with all four wheels on the ground, but not always possible
    and the front wheels are raised often.

Walking near the wall, looking for the access corridors.

Not all the trail is flat and the mineral slate itself is very slippery. The Emaxx goes better than us.

Probably a secret entrance to the facility, abandoned many years ago.

I could not resist the temptation to climb up these waterfalls with my emaxx

A drainage channel near the station

Finally we reached the remains of huge fuselage, which no doubt was a spaceship, discovered in 1845 and which, so far, nobody has been able to find its origin

The emaxx peeking from the top, one of the launching stations

Link to 102 area.
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...m/minasard.htm

RC Qualifier
    Trail #103 Anie Peak . Part I .

There's nothing like not getting a goal that encourages me more to try again.This is a mountain that, even knowing that it is difficult to Rc-climb, seems to be a magnet for emaxx.
    I will not get up this time either, but the 6-hour ride no one can take away me.
    -
    Anie Peak, from 1700 to 2503 m
    the beast ,in the background guard

Approximation, crossing the first mountain slope.

Usual fog over the northern valleys of the Pyrenees, in France.

Recommended path was marked. Maybe it was a spider?

-

Entering first labyrinth karst,

With some remaining snow in July

-

-
    Tough climb to the second karst valley of Mount Anie.

-

Anie mountain, closer

More photos in the next post. Part II.

RC Qualifier
    Trail #103 Anie Peak . Part II . Path to nowhere.

At this stage of the ride, I see very difficult to walk in this hellish maze of rocks. I'm about to leave but at the last moment decided to continue despite the risk of breakage.

Never say no if I see little chance of passage.

-

The summit, seems close but there is still a hard half hour to the edge.

-

-
    Path through the red signal? kidding?

-

Following the path that passes a few inches of a chasm. I really did not look far down.

The worst moment, the return and the abandonment.

Bordering another chasm, very frequent in this karstic labyrinth

Last stretch ,diagonally across the slope of the Arlas peak.

Link to trail #103
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...om/colanie.htm

RC Qualifier
    [b]From 1600 m to 2500 m with my Emaxx,[b]
    #105 Trail: Rc hike to the mountain lakes of Brazato.(I)

-
    After a long ascent through a forest of fir trees, we follow a slow path, very rocky

-

-
    The trail is moderately difficult, but very slow, suspensions play a vital role in this type of terrain. Personally I have setup in position 1b, hard springs and silicone oil grade 40.
    It is a sturdy suspension, and makes the Emaxx go better, without sinking in the rocks.

In this excusrion we go along the shores of three lakes, Lower, Middle and High,
    I and my emaxx going to last, of course!
    The red dot, top left, points the way to link to the highest lake

-

-
    The climb is very strong, some sections need to gain hands resting on the rocks.

-

-

-

RC Qualifier
    This is the descent between the high lake and the medium lake.

Ups, there are small sections of 45 degrees. Solid axles? No thanks

-

-

Link to #106 trail. :http://www.google.com/translate?lang...om/brazato.htm

Awesome... as always!

Thanks for sharing, once again!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle