Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    More fantastic pictures. Thank you for posting!

RC Qualifier
    Once again amazing pictures!!!
    Keep it up!!! There making me jealous!

Slasher12

By the way thanks so much for sharing with us... I know that some people might be too lazy to post all these pictures!!!
    § Snap Racing §

RC Qualifier
    Trek mountain #71, Natural Park "Rocks of Aia" winter.

// machine translation ..
    Again with bad weather conditions,
    I chose to do a fine mountain walk in a natural park very close to my home.

Beginning of the trip, the snow starts after the parking lot.

Just a little above ,sleet begins to fall.

Also, the fog is present.

Approaching a small mountain pass.

There is someone here?.
    finally decided to go back a little beyond this point.
    The mountain this time, seems very determined to tell me that is not the right time
    and she wants to be alone.
    is an experience to which I am somewhat familiar, but it is always overwhelming.

Link to #71 Emaxx trail http://www.google.com/translate?lang....com/aya10.htm

-

RC Qualifier
    Cooooooool!!!!!!!!
    good job!
    § Snap Racing §

RC Qualifier
    Trek Mountain # 72, Natural Park "Rocks of Aia."
    Attempt to climb up to the Third summit. the highest.

This is already the third or fourth attempt to climb to the 3rd summit without success.
    It has two normal paths, and I have tried both.
    Which only goes to encourage to try again another time.
    Of the three, is the highest.It presents the most difficult to reach with an Rc car to the top.
    The first of the three peaks , the climb got a few months of having the Emaxx,
    The second more than two years later, The third still refuses.

This is: Impossible?, Maybe.

little less than an hour of approximation. Icy grass and hard ground

Finding the slope under the rock wall

Up! Take me with you.

The mountain path, very cold in the shade, close to the wall.
    Presents a remarkable cliff to valley that we must walk with special care

Arriving at the first mountain pass.

Floor very slippery and icy. Shortly after this position, and several crashes
    - held only by the auto retractable leash - decided to abandon the hike.

Still try to access through another different place, without success.

Returning, the descent is not very restful and requires attention, but it is very interesting.

My Emaxx seems to be looking at the 3rd mountain. What!!, again?

Link to full excursion #72 : http://www.google.com/translate?lang....com/aya11.htm

- -

RC Qualifier
    Mountain route #73. Mount Txindoki, winter. Northern Spain.

It is an mountain path of 1000 meters of vertical ascent can be done with the Eamxx at 95% on its own after about 4 or 5 hours of walking.
    I've been there on three occasions and in the second I get to the top.

Part of a beautiful mountain path that runs along the hillside.

Starting the first ramps

weather did not help much along the route. We found some snow soon.

The snow on the road leaves little room for emaxx.
    Sometimes it's better in the snow but in others it is better to climb by the narrow path of mud.

My emaxx through a plate of snow mixed with mud.
    In fact it was much easier for him than for me

Here we start with a very foggy area, extremely slippery rock ,and mud a little later.
    I have no photos of the last part of the route .
    A long slip on the mud while trying to manage the emaxx me a small meniscus injury and had to return immediately.

My old emaxx shortly after starting the return

Link to Hike #73 Mount Txindoki, Winter.
    Setup ,
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...com/txind4.htm

I bought a E-maxx just b/c of this thread. This is about the coolest thing to do in RC.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    Go, go with the Emaxx to the mountain hiking.
    Hike #74. Beriain (I)

This is to climb one of the most prominent peaks, in my region.
    It is not particularly high but it highlights and dominates over a wide and extensive valley.
    Unfortunately the bad weather conditions were present during the entire mountain trek.
    This hike is used to prepare a second attempt at the same mountain a few weeks later, that was successfully concluded.

Beginning of the path, completely covered by clouds and fog,
    except for that small population of no more 1000 people in the valley.

Up the first slopes, leaving behind our cars on the mountain track

This tourcan be divided into three zones, a large forest of beech and oak trees,
    some grass to climb to the wall
    and eroded path in a very rocky zone.

Leaving the forest, very closed and dark at times

in the middle of the hike, continuous slope on grass and loose soil before reaching the rocky ground.

steps in some difficulty before leaving the tour due to a hailstorm.
    Extreme lateral slope, with no chance of stopping

the descent, rather hastily, after a hailstorm and the threat of storm

This is the last picture (the reasons are obvious) in the middle of the descent to the meadows,
    and a beautiful winding path.

Link to this #74 Hike
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...om/beriain.htm

RC Qualifier
    what upgrades do you have in your e-maxx
    HV-MAXX,MM RUSTY,MERV,BAJA SS, F104,B4,MINI T

RC Qualifier
    Mainly: Rpm arms, 11/72 relationship, Bigbore´s + home-made stiffer double spiral, Robinson Racing diff gear set, Robinson Racing Slipper, 2 diff spool Traxxas, MIP CVD's, Hitec 645Mg servo, Kimbrough servo saver, 2 cooling fans , 2 * 1500 receiver packs, and finally home made protection against water from the inside.

Recently, a colleague tried both Emaxx 3905 and Summit and has taken the view that a emaxx moderately prepared like this maybe it is harder and reliable than new Summit models, ( what made me hesitate a little to choose as his successor ), and more suited to this type of mountain routes. What do you think about it?.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    i think the summit is much better. it has quite a few advantages over an emaxx. a summit with just a few slights changes more to suit the driver will be able to get places that will stop anything short of a full blown crawler. here are a few video links i am using as to why the summit is better:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpEzLHM-eMU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USlTuqxku0E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80s_T8DJOGs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u38UZLWT0OM
    Last edited by 69Malibu; 06-21-2009 at 03:10 PM.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    what you do truck trial you can get a summit but i would still keep the e-maxx as a trophy
    HV-MAXX,MM RUSTY,MERV,BAJA SS, F104,B4,MINI T

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I upgraded from a stock emaxx to a stock summit and the summit is leaps and bounds ahead already. With some upgrades, the Summit would blow the EMaxx out of the water. Also, one of my biggest draws to the Summit was not having to work on 8 shocks.

I would also suggest getting a Revo and taking the same approach you have with your Maxx. If it will be a dedicated crawler/hiker, you may be better off getting the Revo with the simplified transmission and gearing it down, adding in a Summit 775 or similar. Since you will lock the diffs yourself as you have in your maxx, you would remove all the micro servos and extra linkages, etc.
    Summit, CEN MG10-TR, Losi Micro-T

RC Qualifier
    In the second attempt at the same mountain on the route above, nor have excellent weather but at least it was not raining.
    The mountain could be seen between the fog only for a few seconds.

Hike # 75, Unanu SanDonato (Northern Spain, Navarra)
    from 640m to 1494 m altitude

A narrow plateau of no more than 50 meters wide at some points
    leads us to the top and a small chapel refuge of San Donato.
    at the extremes are easy to find a vertical wall of rock over 1200 feet

When I started the hike did not seem very promising, our goal was covered by fog.

Unanu small town, where we started.

Extreme rise in the slope in its middle part, with highly decomposed rock,
    the path winds between the rocks. In the background is the dirt small road where I parked the car.

Walking through a fearsome side slope before reaching a small step.
    Was a time of maximum concentration and attention to driving

The trail in this section is really tight.
    I found this option only valid to drive the car through

Oops! reaching up to the plateau, the fog did not let us see the path.
    I do not have GPS on ,and I have to wait a while to reach any climber who knows the trail.

Already at the top, the small chapel comes and goes between the fog next to stunning rock walls.

Three small towns in the valley, the nearest we have come, and this milestone shows the way back

This shows the path down the hillside grass first, then stones, which must not commit any error

Link to full page http://www.google.com/translate?lang.../sandonato.htm

RC Qualifier
    .......ultimate emaxx terrain
    pm me with what BRUSHED motor for rusty

RC Qualifier
    Well! Summer arrives. What better to carry a Emaxx on my bike to the sea cliffs?.
    Sure, It's the first time I have a car as a passenger on my bike for 100 miles of road.

Hike #76, The Flysch cliffs.

In this route, I approached the Flysch of Zumaia. What???
    The alternation of stratums of hard and soft rocks makes up the 'flysch',
    a natural 'millefeuille' making the coast between Zumaia and Deba , northern Spain to the Atlantic Ocean.
    Let's see up close.

The beginning of the Emaxx excursion at the chapel of San Telmo.

We will see in a few minutes one of the beaches of Zumaia in fact
    be some 120 meters above and leave behind while we move into the cliff.
    Each of these layers of rock and clay close to Emaxx took 11,000 years to form.

Going from Punta Algorri to the first small beach

K-T Boundary . A geological signature, usually a thin band, dated to 65 million years ago.
    coinciding roughly with the exticion of the dinosaurs and the falling of a meteorite of 7 miles in diameter in the Yucatan peninsula
    in the image we see "some more recent" white marks left by geologists

Just between those marks. one of these layers has a concentration of iridium 30 times the rest. a very rare element on earth.

Playing between the layers of rocks..

Result of subduction of the African and European plates, these layers have been tilted and squeezed.
    In a 20 km stretch of coast, the story go from -110 to -50 million years

From a small beach to another. This route is only possible between -2 and +2 hours of low tide.
    May be trapped because the next beach, 2 km long, has no exit until you reach the west end.

Surprise at the entrance to the great beach. Sand is more fat that I've seen in my life, haha.
    And a nightmare for the Emaxx.
    There are few cars that can perform well and keep track of this chaos.
    Think of a Land Cruiser at 1 / 1 with rocks of the height of its wheels trying to go.
    But there comes a point of very accurate speed where Emaxx is like floating on the stones
    without the wheel to lower or raise the entire chassis as it should,
    With a good suspension setup that I do when entering a beach, get a running surprisingly fast, though sometimes interrupted by a sudden stop.
    Oops! And a hexagon housing crashed into the right rear rim, it must be said.

And this? . Whath the f*** is this filth?
    Within some tens of thousands of years, perhaps the geologists can find traces of multicolored layers.
    Left by dirtiest kind of animal on this planet

More photos on that #76 Hike in the next post.

RC Qualifier
    Great Pics as usual.

Too bad with all that garbage you show in that picture.
    Its Your Hobby

RC Racer
    Thoses are some awsome pics man! Keep um comin.
    When I see trash like that anywhere, I wanna pic it up and find the people who left it there and beat them with it. It's just sick to litter the planet like this...
    14.4v dewalt, e-maxx
    Xbox 360 garp21

RC Qualifier
    as always, amazing man. some awesome pictures, and some awesome geological sites, like the layers of stone shifted up from being slammed into each other.

funny enough, before i scrolled down to the last pic i was thinking how amazing the sites you go on are and how "clean" literally and non literally they are. its a shame to find that crap everywere but more and more of this planet is turning into that thanks to people(like the students i go to school with) who are "too cool" to just find a freakin garbage can. don't understand why they are above simple rules such as not littering but what do i know. sry bout that but your pictures are so beautiful and "untouched" until that last pic.

people are the worst kind.

keep up the great picture taking and driving and keep us updated. i love seeing this thread updated and i'm envious of your awesome trips.
    There's some important stuff hidden in the waffle.

RC Qualifier
    Route#76 . Circular walk towards the cliffs of the Zumaia Flysch . Part II.

It is possible that one unexpected scenario sometimes make us think. I did embarrass me.
    The truth is that a single garbage image as the preceding can completely spoil a trip, and hopefully if it was only that.
    Unfortunately there are similar images for over a mile , out of view of pleasure boats and tourists.

Across large areas of moss

In the limit of high tide the sea takes us back our gifts

At low tide you can walk part of the flysch that remains submerged.

A mile later, we arrived at the west end and the path where the Emaxx , at the foot of the cliff, is the only exit from the beach.
    And is required to cross over here: in less than 100 m2, dozens of bottles of water. Several yellow bottles of bleach, detergent, softener, corrugated tube
    fortunately, we bid farewell to this nightmare. But it will be difficult not to remember.

Half an hour later we are going up the cliff and we found this tremendous contrast,
    There is no path and it will be necessary to go through fields to the East

And down the crops near the margin

At the edge of the cliff, returning. The rising tide and in the background, the path that comes from the West,
    is also a part of the route of the Camino de Santiago, an ancient pilgrim route to the tomb of the apostle James

Less than a mile of plastic garbage, who left his water bottle or can of soda in the sand when it leaves?

End of the excursion, the emaxx seems ready to take off

Next route: passing a pedestrian suspension bridge, from just over 4 feet wide and 531 feet above the river

Link to Flysch Route#76 http://www.google.com/translate?lang...com/flysch.htm

RC Racer
    I cannot understand why this thread has not been sticky-ed yet. Every person on these forums should see these pictures, and the vast majority will appreciate them. These are some of the best pictures from anyone, period, that I have seen, with the exception of professional photographers.

trucktrial, you, sir, are awesome. Not to mention like the ultimate Traxxas rep!
    Go Big or Go Home.

RC Qualifier
    Trail #76 Gorges of Holzarte and Olhadubi. French Atlantic Pyrenees.

A wooden suspension bridge crosses the gorges of Holzarte - 300m clefts carved by the rivers over many millions of years.
    not for those suffering from vertigo but sure to make your walk a memorable one!
    Passing a pedestrian suspension bridge, from just over 4 feet wide and 531 feet above the river

Initially, the slope is moderate, the heat and humidity in these first days of July in the forest, suffocating.

We crossed several small streams.

We went through some improper steps, built to ease the way for tourists and to increase the difficulty for the emaxx, no doubt.

We left the forest and began to gain height on the walls of the gorge.
    becomes impossible to continue on the river side.

Here the Emaxx has done a kind of back on the air on one of its wheels and has turned almost 180 degrees

Suddenly appears after a curve the first image of the bridge still distant but already impressive.

No trespassing? what?.
    Oops! no more than seven people at once on the bridge, no balance, no jumping, no running, no throwing stones (we all do).
    As it says nothing of Emaxx I, try to pass,
    If you've got a small stone is the moment of release. Reaches almost 200 km/hour after just under 6 seconds of flight. Much

Balancing is strong when you pass by the bridge, but is more concerned about the ripple. My dog, who often accompany me on some routes, he refused to move until I got to the other end and call him.

After three or four miles, and along the left margin of the river we pass several streams before reaching the second bridge, the Olhadubi.
    Hence, due to a problem with some Megatech 4100 batteries I was using for the first time I had to go back to the car park.

Link to the trip number 77 with the Emaxx:
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...m/holcarte.htm

RC Competitor
    Awesome stuff.

RC Champion
    wow you must have energy I went quadding to the rocky mountains and drove as far as we could go and walk the rest of the way up and it was about 500ft to the the top and i almost died and it was just as hard going down
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Champion
    Stunning As Usual!!!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Qualifier
    Excursion #78. Emaxx and flies and flies in summer.
    Family outing to the hill of Linza. 6700 ft.

In the middle of summer I convince my wife and youngest son to forget the beach and to join me on this route .
    Even the most difficult, that they wake up and lift a little early this Sunday.

Starting the hike, following the path behind the shelter of Linza.

Lots of Lilies of the Pyrenees [ Iris Latifolia ] with us in the first tranche
    while the sun begins to show its claws on our backs

Heading up a very rocky path. In the back Atxerito peak.

We are in a beautiful part of climbing, stone size is very good.
    Not large enough to destabilize nor so small that moves under the wheels of emaxx.
    The carcasses of the Titans, due to heat ,burns. Even with heatsinks and two fans connected permanently.

By the first mountain pass, with my wife and youngest son.
    Oops! and Lyra, my dog, who has gone to fetch water in the drainage of snow.

Remnants of snow, surprising and highly unusual in July, so little height, less than 2000 m.

Zoom towards the peak of Petrechema, my goal in April 2006, Route #12.
    when the Emaxx began to accompany me on my excursions.

From the hill of Linza at 2000 m. The Petrechema mountain and
    and on the left side the peak called "Table of the three kings"
    because it lies at the confluence of three ancient kingdoms
    and the highest peak in this area 2444 m.

Descending, close to the wall, into the valley

In the hardest part of the descent.
    It is essential to ensure the Emaxx with a retractable cord. A fall uninsured in this area is unstoppable

Route #78 . Linza mountain pass link to machine translated page

http://www.google.com/translate?lang...com/linza2.htm

RC Qualifier
    Hello everyone, I continue to hiking mountains, accompanied by my Emaxx.
    On this occasion I face a tough climb for the car.
    2460 feet in a little over 2.2 miles.
    Not a difficult route, but challenging for an RC.

Mountain Route #78, EzKaurre Peak. 2050 m h. Western Pyrenees. Spain.

8.15 AM, starting the hike close the blue "Jumper" truck.

9:45 AM After a long climb through the forest, we went into the mountainside where it hardens the slope,
    the trees are scarce up to 1600 m. altitude.
    Several climbers look astonished

10:13 AM The only part of the trail somewhat compromised, look at the climber a little above.
    until there is no path and we must ascend directly up the rock. with wet soil would not be possible

10:40 AM Looking towards the place from where we came.
    Down the valley we can see the Zuriza campsite is very close to where we started to climb.

11:02 AM It ends the hard slope and into another rise smoother.
    There is no clear path, but one obvious. Upward!

11:28 AM Kingdom of calcareous rocks from the 1900 m. vegetation disappears.
    Fortunately a small path helps us to progress

11:40 AM We have already reached the summit at 2050 m,
    now we headed south to get to a small balcony on which you can see
    a nearly vertical wall of 2700 feet to the valley

11:55 The fall is one meter from the Emaxx. I'm not closer.

12:05 AM We have begun to return.
    We find this entry to a chasm that surprises with its depth and to maintain even snow in the month of July!.

12:37 AM back on the slopes, we still have almost an hour to get down to the campsite of Zuriza.
    The slope are always slower and more dangerous, requires more concentration and very few errors.

Link to excusrion #76
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...m/ezkaurre.htm

This hike has made a big big challenge for me since I did not think possible with a Emaxx.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Once again great pictures!! How many miles has your maxx driven?

RC Competitor
    Awesome pictures once again.

RC Qualifier
    This model has no odometer, , and it's hard to know , but the 80 mountain hikes I've done for three and a half years, it's easy having traveled about 700 miles.

The longest was undoubtedly this,
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang.../sarradets.htm

I finished 8 doubles battery packs 3 km before the end of the route.

RC Qualifier
    I have finally decided to do an index and thus celebrate the 80 mountain trips with emaxx I've been published to date.
    From this homepage you can access each one of the excursions by date or number.
    Similarly , contain a selection of images which I hope will be renewed over time.
    My intention is to reach 100 excursions with this Emaxx even though I am unable to go to the mountain as often as before.

I hope that this page is at least understandable because the translation is automated, sorry for the inconvenience.

index-english link page
    "Exploring the Pyrenees mountains with a RC monster truck ->" http://www.rc-hiking.com/index-eng.htm

greetings to all

RC Qualifier
    the new page looks fantastic!
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO

Again that is beautiful. BTW, don't get the Summit. Your E-maxx as stuck to you like JB weld. This is what no other Traxxas has going for it except the mighty E-maxx. Plus, the E-maxx is just a awesome truck and is more realistic.. What electronics do you use?

Why is this not a sticky? This is remarkable. I think he E-maxx has more miles on then any other RC car on this planet(heck probably even more then some 1;1 cars).

RC Qualifier
    It is true that I am very attached to the old Emaxx , I can almost predict before the break, when need to change a servo, a bearing, or a pinion in the gearbox. At the moment I can not change to the Summit, but I've tested and has some advantages over the emaxx, also some disadvantages.
    I am using Titan motors and original ESC with a 10/72 ratio.

Hiking Pyrenees route #80. Lakora Peak. Summer.

In the month of July, I made this ascent to the Lakora peak.
    I tried it in winter, but I dared not go through the ice cornice covering the central part of this picture.

Showing the route with the emaxx, the hardest part is in the "Z" near the top

This is the part that I could not go through winter without being able to have an ice ax .
    In the background, I have highlighted the path.

a very similar picture, taken in the winter attempt

This variant on the south, avoid a climbing steps that would be impossible for the Emaxx.
    Join me in this way my kids and the dog Lyra.
    I do not remember having walked with my emaxx, a path with more lateral inclination than this.

Photo from a distance to the top peak, showing the return path .

photo to the top of the peak Lakora

At the top, a short break.

Direct descent in the slope on which it is essential to ensure the emaxx with a rope.

The return, very slow and delicate. You can see the path on the slope behind the Emaxx.

Sharp ridge of rock, there is no other way.
    On the left -200m to the valley. On the right an almost vertical rock wall.

An interesting excursion with varied terrain
    Link trail #80
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...com/lakora.htm

RC Enthusiast
    very cool like the dog

RC Competitor
    Great stuff, again.

Quote Originally Posted by trucktrial
    It is true that I am very attached to the old Emaxx , I can almost predict before the break, when need to change a servo, a bearing, or a pinion in the gearbox. At the moment I can not change to the Summit, but I've tested and has some advantages over the emaxx, also some disadvantages.
    I am using Titan motors and original ESC with a 10/72 ratio.

Hiking Pyrenees route #80. Lakora Peak. Summer.

In the month of July, I made this ascent to the Lakora peak.
    I tried it in winter, but I dared not go through the ice cornice covering the central part of this picture.

Showing the route with the emaxx, the hardest part is in the "Z" near the top

This is the part that I could not go through winter without being able to have an ice ax .
    In the background, I have highlighted the path.

a very similar picture, taken in the winter attempt

This variant on the south, avoid a climbing steps that would be impossible for the Emaxx.
    Join me in this way my kids and the dog Lyra.
    I do not remember having walked with my emaxx, a path with more lateral inclination than this.

Photo from a distance to the top peak, showing the return path .

photo to the top of the peak Lakora

At the top, a short break.

Direct descent in the slope on which it is essential to ensure the emaxx with a rope.

The return, very slow and delicate. You can see the path on the slope behind the Emaxx.

Sharp ridge of rock, there is no other way.
    On the left -200m to the valley. On the right an almost vertical rock wall.

An interesting excursion with varied terrain
    Link trail #80
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...com/lakora.htm
    You sir have proved to us that Traxxas can withstand the test of time and has unimaginable durability. If it's not broke don't fix it. It anything have you consider the new 16.8v E-Maxx as a possible replacement if you do ever decide to upgrade? I want to do the samething to my E-Maxx(the new waterproof version). What would you recommend? What disadvantage does the Summit have?

Hey Trucktrail. I found one of your videos.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUgvg...eature=related
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 10-06-2009 at 11:50 PM.

RC Qualifier
    It's not really a video that I've done. The video was made by a colleague in Spain that has the Summit and we agreed to test Emaxx & Summit in a mountain path.

I was able to make some short video in my tests but was not very good idea to have the camera shooting while driving the emaxx

These are some of them:
    http://video.google.es/videoplay?doc...pfW-Aa5puXXAg#
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ycr6z-7Bso
    http://video.google.es/videoplay?doc...pfW-Aa5puXXAg#