Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Never have I been so envious of one single man and his RC. Sure I can build one just like everyone else and we can race all day long. But you, you have something that I simply will not be able to get in the States, the most wonderful scenery ever.

Have you considered the Summit? I know that you have a serious amount invested into your E-Maxx, but some of the new features are really up the alley of what you do. Remote locking differentials and two speed transmission could serve you well on your hikes.

By the way, don't ever stop. Your photos make up a majority of my wallpapers and screen saver pics. Thank you.
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Qualifier
    [machine translation]
    Yes, I have considered the Summit of course, the series brings many improvements we have been applying to Emaxx long time, and my Emaxx already has three years and many miles.
    If I had to buy a new car and did not know the Emaxx, this would be my choice. Lockable differentials are very helpful in a fall on a slope.
    I doubt whether it will be good and effective suspension. That of my Emaxx, as I have the setup now seems unbeatable.
    We are using a 10/72 relationship and I would like the summit were even slower in first gear .. Finally, wait for some evidence to decide.

hummm, let him down?

RC Qualifier
    you officially have hands down the best rc spot ever
    ductape and wd-40..the saviors of out hobby

RC Racer
    wow nice pictures and emaxx. you are very fortunate to have a place like that! just a question, but how many miles would you say you had on your emaxx?
    I chase squirrels with my emaxx....

RC Racer
    ... and we can take it you have fully mastered tricky driving with one hand, but how do you do this with thick gloves on too? Ice-axe in one hand, 3PM/DX3 in the other - brilliant!

RC Qualifier
    It is difficult to estimate the miles in my emaxx but it is very possible that has traveled more than 600. Many parts have been changed or improved.
    With regard to driving on ice and winter, I can not use thick gloves but some bikers windstopper gloves are perfect for this in the left hand , and ski gloves ,a little thicker on the right hand.
    unfortunately I can not have an ice-axe in the hands while driving emaxx, which greatly restricts the maximum gradient.
    Down these channels must exercise extreme caution.

Rc Ice climbing. Dec 28, 2008

RC Racer
    NIIIICE pictures
    This is RC addiction
    Emaxx_3905 EZrun_80A_4s_2350KV Motor

RC Racer
    wow. thats amazing.
    I chase squirrels with my emaxx....

RC Qualifier
    /machine translation//
    I can not always enjoy good weather on my hikes,
    I think this is a good example of the worst snow I could find in those 60 outings
    High temperature (8 ºC), recent snow. Heavy as to get to skate the hexagons on the wheels.
    These images are of the mountain trek number 64, dec 2008. 3 weeks before the unexpected wave of cold.

Trail Emaxx: #64. Linza Refuge. Linza cabin.

Blocking hexagons rim.

Bad weather, but will get worse throughout the morning.

Turning a hill

It is not a cross-country skiing track, is the 'normal' long distance footpath to Linza Pass.

Bivouac small shelter.

The pictures are not very sharp, the contrast and light conditions were really tough
    Link to other images and mountain trekking #64.
    http://www.rc-hiking.com/linza.htm

RC Champion
    ok can i come live with you... im a down hill ski instructor and want to play there :P

you must get come great and odd comments from hikers you meet along the way?
    Last edited by Kahn; 01-10-2009 at 01:29 PM.
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

As always, there are some nice looking pictures in there!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    those right sides look kinda funny. i've never seen snow pack & hold like that. amazing pictures/stories please keep em coming.
    There's some important stuff hidden in the waffle.

RC Qualifier
    wow. i just saw that this thing has had 5000+ views. thats more than the faq's. i am making a motion for this to be a sticky, this is what rc is really about, pushing the trucks, having fun, and the beautiful scenery makes it even better. awesome stuff and keep us posted.
    There's some important stuff hidden in the waffle.

RC Champion
    amazing man. I think you should get a summit when it comes out. It would be perfect for you. Also, what kind of camera do you use? I do wildlife photography, and shoot a D80and a 200-400VR
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    -Yes, we need to be in very good mood to respond to comments from hikers, all very funny. I have a very curious collection of these comments, but they are slang expressions that are not easily translatable into English.
    -He talked about the camera in this thread, it's a Panasonic Lumix FZ7, previously used a Nikon Coolpix 5400. We need a camera with a single objetive lens, easy to store in the jacket.

In this last weekend I started this route shortly after 7 am with a very low temperature -13 º C [8 F] and excellent snow conditions, which culminated in the summit . quite easy in August. Soon more photos and two short videos. This is a panoramic view from the top.
    I do not know if it will be complete in the forum, is 1200 * 369 pix.
    You can see the traces of emaxx a few meters.

And a photo of the same day, while climbing to the summit, to which I have special affection.
    title: 4 attempts and a single solution, to continue trying.
    Last edited by trucktrial; 01-12-2009 at 04:54 PM.

RC Qualifier
    wowwww.. just wow. i cant imagine the joy of being able to run an rc there. its beautiful and perfect
    Emaxx 3905 FS in the market place.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JustChillin
    wow. i just saw that this thing has had 5000+ views. thats more than the faq's. i am making a motion for this to be a sticky, this is what rc is really about, pushing the trucks, having fun, and the beautiful scenery makes it even better. awesome stuff and keep us posted.
    +1 Absolutely this needs to be a sticky
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Qualifier
    # 66 mountain hike. Contrast snow.
    Powder snow in the morning in a blizzard and shortly after,
    icy snow under a splendid sun.

Testing a combination of mixed tires: nail in the front tires. Chains and nails in the rear.
    Good handling and traction.

high battery consumption on the forest trail, more than double what it had calculated.

In these conditions it was impossible to continue.

Climbing a small hill. Not by the left, very soft snow.

Much better rock and icy snow.

running on snow

in the tundra?, not really.

Link trail #66, more images & specs http://www.rc-hiking.com/aralar3.htm

regards.

RC Racer
    That is amazing what you do. Very nice Pictures!!

Greetings from Germany!!
    Didi
    E-Maxx 16,8 (3905)...MMM 2200 on 4s!

RC Champion
    amazing! You are above the clouds! How many batteries do you carry with you? What brand? What MAH?
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    About the batteries I have something in this post, currently up to 35,000 mah in several twin packs of 6 Nimh elements .
    In this next hike #67 I tried ascension to a peak in winter conditions that despite not being able to achieve,
    let me fond memories and unforgettable images.I leave you with some of these.

Hike #67 Lakora. Western Pyrenees . French-Spanish border.
    Antenna up.

My emaxx prepared for winter. Nails ,Chains ,rubber profiles changed.

Above the clouds covering France.

Good morning, sun.

Totally icy snow. like stones.

A little higher

a little closer ..

Although fitted with crampons, the passage of this ridge without ice axe is something dangerous driving a emaxx.
    Both hands on the TQ3 do not provide a position to maintain the balance in case of trouble.

No, this picture is not mine.
    The photo was taken by {DavidWil}, a colleague in a mountain forum , a couple of hours later.
    From this position you can see the rocky mountain ridge at the bottom of the image that I could not overcome.

At the top of the slope.

More images in the next post...

RC Qualifier
    Other images of the winter HikeMaxx #67.

Link Hike 67 Lakora Est: (translated english) http://www.google.com/translate?lang....com/eraiz.htm

Down the snowy peak. At the bottom of the image, the mountain refuge of Belagua.

Ehujarre Gorge, on the French Spanish border. Western Pyrenees.

The best rc flight simulator, Emaxx :looks a bit and close your eyes.

Icy plains of Eraiz

Second attempt at the same mountain, on the other side. a few weeks later.

Next winter walk, -#68- Arlas.

RC Qualifier
    Taking advantage of the proximity of a ski station, with a splendid time and temperature really cold,
    I start the route #68 in the same place where I started the first route in this series,
    the mountain port of La Pierre St Martin in the French border .

Hike #68. Pierre Saint Martin - Arlas. West Pyrenees.
    Link http://www.rc-hiking.com/arlas.htm
    Link (eng) http://www.google.com/translate?lang....com/arlas.htm

Perfect icy snow. Arlas peak in the foreground and Anie mountain in the background. crampons are essential, and nails in the tires.
    picture is also very similar to the first thing I did, make about three years.
    Going down the first hill, I took the photo of crampons & Emaxx published in this same thread a few days ago.

I wanted to ascend the first hill on the right, but it was not possible
    due to a side slope not suitable to step without axle ice.

Running quietly above the clouds, after gaining some altitude.

Anie peak, that even I failed to climb with the truck after two attempts.

zoom in closer.

Turning to the limit.

Playing on the ice climbing. only the nails in the tires are effective.

Lowering a very strong frost ramp

A full speed in second gear on the plains of Larra.

Sinkholes on a limestone soil covered with snow. Beautiful traps for the Emaxx.

A short video of a climb on a slippery floor.
    http://video.google.es/videoplay?doc...axx+snow&hl=en

Greetings to all, next hike SnowLimits in preparation.

RC Champion
    just stunning. thanks for the pics and video!!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    I would like to say thanks for making this thread 'trucktrail'. I am inspired to do the same thing where I live here in the Ozarks Mtns in the states.

One thing I would like to add to the other comments that I don't think I seen. Maybe Traxxas could sponsor you. Traxxas could send you a Summit with spare parts and you send them some pictures and video. HPI's endurance run with the 5b made me look twice at my getting one. Why not a Summit in its element?

What do you guys think about seeing a Factory Sponsored Summit running in that scenery?
    Last edited by OCD RC; 02-09-2009 at 01:38 AM.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Qualifier
    Bad weather?. where?
    Sometimes the sun does not do everything we want.

First winter snow close to home.

and first blizzard

A bit of fog.

-

Snow turned into rain after just 200 meters down the slope

broken rear link in wetlands, bad place to do it.

The worst conditions found to date. Col des Moines.
    This image is not blurry or out of focus.

Natural Park of 'Peñas de Aia'.

Strong rain.

Oops! timer of two seconds instead of 10

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by trucktrial
    -
    I have to say, this is one of my favorite pics to date. I watch the E-Maxx thread now, just looking for your photos. Not that I don't want to help out, but, your pictures are breath taking.
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Qualifier
    have you ever considered lipo batteries in the higher mah ratings??? 8000,10000,12000 mah?? Carry less & go longer

RC Qualifier
    Machine translation../

It is a high risk of carrying two batteries 12.000mah and that one did not function properly or is damaged after two hours of walking.
    Also the cost of replacing a Lipo 12,000 is much higher.
    Moreover, Lipos do not support either the cold or shock,
    in the mountain paths can not always dispense the care they need,
    in this sense I think the NiMh are more robust ,less sensitive and until recently, much cheaper.

What has been changed in this 4 years old Emaxx 3906 after traveling == 500 miles?.
    While this is not true for the new model,
    I think it's interesting to know which parts have proven to be the weakest in the previous emaxx, at least in the type of activity that I usually do.

This is a rough list of broken pieces or improved in 4 years.
    Miising 2 titan motors , 1 lower chassis and up to 35 NiMH batteries,
    a number of different RC packs and Rc standard parts available in my local hobby store.
    All no mechanical broken parts,that have been changed, they have generally been due to falls on the slopes before taking the car insured with an expandable strap.
    In 2008 for various reasons I had to reduce spending and take advantage of previously purchased items. I still left some.

Traxxas Pinion Gear 32P 16T E-Maxx --------------------------------(27-Dec-2004)
    Traxxas Pinion Gear 32P 13T E-Maxx --------------------------------1-Mar-2005)
    Traxxas Pinion Gear 32P 14T E-Maxx --------------------------------(1-Mar-2005)
    Traxxas Silicon Grease ---------------------------------------------(1-Mar-2005)
    Traxxas Spur Gear 32P 70T Rustler ---------------------------------(1-Mar-2005)
    Traxxas Spur Gear 32P 72T Rustler ---------------------------------(1-Mar-2005)
    Associated Factory Team Silicone Diff Fluid 30K Weight ------------(1-Sep-2005)
    DuraTrax Servo Guard Aluminum Blue T/E-Maxx------------------------(1-Sep-2005)
    DuraTrax Skid Plate Center Aluminum Blue T/E-Maxx------------------(1-Sep-2005)
    Novak Power Boost ESC Fan Kit -------------------------------------(1-Sep-2005)
    Robinson Racing Pinion Gear 32P 11T--------------------------------(1-Sep-2005)
    Traxxas Ring Gear/Parts T-Maxx ------------------------------------(1-Sep-2005)
    Traxxas Slipper Friction Pegs (12)---------------------------------(1-Sep-2005)
    Traxxas Suspension Pin Set Stainless Steel T-Maxx------------------(1-Sep-2005)
    DuraTrax Battery Soldering Jig-------------------------------------(17-Oct-2005)
    Pro-Line Maxx Masher Tire T-Maxx (2)-------------------------------(17-Oct-2005)
    Robinson Racing Pinion Gear 32P 10T--------------------------------(17-Oct-2005)
    Robinson Racing Pinion Gear 32P 11T--------------------------------(17-Oct-2005)
    Traxxas Bearings 6x12x4mm T-Maxx (2)-------------------------------(17-Oct-2005)
    Trinity Copper Watt Bars (28)--------------------------------------(17-Oct-2005)
    W.S. Deans Racing Silver Solder 1 oz.------------------------------(17-Oct-2005)
    Integy Ti-Nitride Wrench Hex 1/16"---------------------------------(21-Nov-2005)
    Kimbrough Gas Car/Truck Servo Saver--------------------------------(21-Nov-2005)
    Megatech Replacement Steel Screw Set T-Maxx/E-Maxx-----------------(21-Nov-2005)
    Robinson Racing Pinion Gear 32P 9T --------------------------------(21-Nov-2005)
    Traxxas Bearings 6x12x4mm T-Maxx (2)-------------------------------(21-Nov-2005)
    Traxxas Tire 3.2" T-Maxx (2)---------------------------------------(21-Nov-2005)
    W.S. Deans Racing Silver Solder 1 oz. -----------------------------(21-Nov-2005)
    Parma 2-1/2" Shrink Wrap 6-Cell Clear-------------------------------(3-Jan-2006)
    Traxxas Bearings 6x12x4mm T-Maxx (2)--------------------------------(3-Jan-2006)
    Traxxas Shocks Big Bore T-Maxx (8)----------------------------------(3-Jan-2006)
    Traxxas Turnbuckles 105mm T-Maxx (2)--------------------------------(3-Jan-2006)
    RPM Axle Carriers w/Bearings Black T/E-Maxx (2)---------------------(6-Jan-2006)
    Traxxas Bearings 6x12x4mm T-Maxx (2)--------------------------------(6-Jan-2006)
    Traxxas Idler Gears 20T E-Maxx (2)----------------------------------(6-Jan-2006)
    Traxxas Input Shaft Drive Gear E-Maxx-------------------------------(6-Jan-2006)
    Traxxas Output Gear 31T E-Maxx--------------------------------------(6-Jan-2006)
    Traxxas Output Gear 36T E-Maxx--------------------------------------(6-Jan-2006)
    Traxxas Ring Gear/Parts T-Maxx--------------------------------------(6-Jan-2006)
    MIP Shiny CVD Kit T-Maxx 2.5---------------------------------------(12-May-2006)
    RPM Axle Carriers w/Bearings Black T/E-Maxx (2)--------------------(12-May-2006)
    Traxxas Diff Output Yokes w/Screw Yoke Pins 2.5 (2)----------------(12-May-2006)
    Traxxas Differential Gear Set T-Maxx-------------------------------(12-May-2006)
    Traxxas Half Shafts Long T-Maxx (2)--------------------------------(12-May-2006)
    Traxxas Spool T-Maxx-----------------------------------------------(12-May-2006)
    Traxxas Stub Axle T-Maxx 2.5 (2)-----------------------------------(12-May-2006)
    Integy Intellect 6-Cell 7.2V 3800mAh NiMH Stick Pack----------------(2-Sep-2006)
    Integy Progressive Spring Set 40pc T-Maxx---------------------------(2-Sep-2006)
    MIP Shiny CVD Kit T-Maxx 2.5----------------------------------------(2-Sep-2006)
    Parma 2-1/2" Shrink Wrap 6-Cell Clear-------------------------------(2-Sep-2006)
    Traxxas Ball Bearings 5x8mm (2)-------------------------------------(2-Sep-2006)
    Traxxas Spool T-Maxx -----------------------------------------------(2-Sep-2006)
    Traxxas Turnbuckles Front 108mm T-Maxx 2.5 (2)----------------------(2-Sep-2006)
    Pro-Line Hummer H2 SUT Body T/E-Maxx/Savage/Revo 2.5----------------(5-Jan-2007)
    Pro-Line 40 Series MOAB (2)-----------------------------------------(5-Jan-2007)
    Pro-Line 40 Series Velocity 6 Wheel Chrome (2)----------------------(5-Jan-2007)
    Traxxas Bulkhead Cross Brace E-Maxx (2)-----------------------------(5-Jan-2007)
    Traxxas Bumper Mounts Front & Rear T-Maxx---------------------------(5-Jan-2007)
    Traxxas Hex Wheel Hubs/Pins T-Maxx (2)------------------------------(5-Jan-2007)
    Traxxas Output Gear 31T E-Maxx--------------------------------------(5-Jan-2007)
    Traxxas Output Gear 36T E-Maxx--------------------------------------(5-Jan-2007)
    Traxxas Spool T-Maxx------------------------------------------------(5-Jan-2007)
    DuraTrax Bearing 5x11mm (2)-----------------------------------------(5-Jan-2007)
    Associated Factory Team Heat Sink Set E-Maxx-----------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Hitec HS-645MG High-Torque 2BB Metal Gear Servo--------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Kimbrough Gas Car/Truck Servo Saver--------------------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Novak 14 Gauge Silicone Wire 3' Black/3' Red-----------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Traxxas Bellcrank/Parts T-Maxx-------------------------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Traxxas Body Washers (8)-------------------------------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Traxxas Foam Body Washers T-Maxx (10)------------------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Traxxas Front Skid Plate T-Maxx------------------------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Traxxas Half Shafts Long T-Maxx (2---------------------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Traxxas Rod Ends w/Connectors LS2 (6) -----------------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Traxxas Rod Ends Short w/Hollow Balls T-Maxx 2.5 (6)---------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Traxxas Slipper Friction Pegs (12)---------------------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Traxxas Turnbuckles Front 108mm T-Maxx 2.5 (2)---------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Traxxas Turnbuckles Rear 116mm T-Maxx 2.5 (2)----------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Trinity Copper Watt Bars (28)--------------------------------------(31-Mar-2007)
    Robinson Racing Double Disc Slipper Kit 72T Traxxas----------------(24-Jun-2007)
    Robinson Racing Plastic Spur Gear 72T Traxxas Nitro----------------(24-Jun-2007)
    Traxxas Nylon Locknuts 5mm (8)-------------------------------------(24-Jun-2007)
    Traxxas Transmitter Antenna----------------------------------------(24-Jun-2007)
    Traxxas Wheel Satin Finish T-Maxx (2)------------------------------(24-Jun-2007)
    DuraTrax 6-Cell 7.2V DTX4200 NiMH Stick Std Plug-------------------(29-Jun-2007)
    Integy Steel Universal Drive Shaft 2 T-Maxx------------------------(29-Jun-2007)
    Team Orion Snake Wire 12 AWG Black/Red-----------------------------(29-Jun-2007)
    Traxxas Foam Insert T-Maxx (2)-------------------------------------(29-Jun-2007)
    Traxxas Hex Wheel Hubs/Pins T-Maxx (2------------------------------(29-Jun-2007)
    Traxxas Tire 3.2" T-Maxx (2)---------------------------------------(29-Jun-2007)
    Trinity Precut Shrink-Single Cells---------------------------------(29-Jun-2007)
    Dubro Metric Ball Wrench 1.5mm--------------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Dubro Metric Hex Wrench 2.5mm---------------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Dubro Metric Hex Wrench 3mm ----------------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Dubro Metric Hex Wrench 4mm-----------------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Hitec Gear Set HS-645/5645------------------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Kimbrough Gas Car/Truck Servo Saver---------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Megatech Replacement Steel Screw Set T-Maxx/E-Maxx---------------(1-Sep-2007)
    MIP CVD Coupling Rebuild Kit Savage 21------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    RPM A-Arms Upper/Lower Black 2.5R/3.3 (2)---------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    RPM Bumper Front Black T/E-Maxx-------------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    RPM Step Bumper Rear Black T/E-Maxx-------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Traxxas #6 Crystal Set Blue 27.255----------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Traxxas Antenna Tube LS II------------------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Traxxas Countersunk Hex Screw 3x8mm (6)---------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Traxxas Decal Sheet Team Traxxas-----------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Traxxas Foam Body Washers T-Maxx (10)-----------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Traxxas Half Shafts Short T-Maxx 2.5 (2)----------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Traxxas Header Screws (6)-------------------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Traxxas TQ-3 Transmitter Only---------------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Traxxas 3-Channel Receiver T-Maxx-----------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    Zap Adhesives Red Thread Locker-------------------------------------(1-Sep-2007)
    MIP CVD Hardware T-Maxx--------------------------------------------(19-Nov-2007)
    Traxxas Bumper Mounts Front & Rear T-Maxx--------------------------(19-Nov-2007)
    Traxxas Spool T-Maxx-----------------------------------------------(19-Nov-2007)
    DuraTrax 6-Cell 7.2V DTX4200 NiMH Stick Std Plug----------------(17-Dec-2007)

My best buys:
    Robinson Racing Differential Gear----------------------------------(2006)
    Blue rubber sealed bearings---------------------------------------(2008)
    Megatech chianelli 3000 nimh packs ( in use after 2 years)
    Rpm Arms ------------------------------------------------------
    Hitech 645 Mg Servo (2)-----------------------------------------(2007)

RC Qualifier
    Hike 69. Mount Ernio.
    Less snow than in other routes, it is a small mountain near my house. We will not have to climb over 500 meters, but the walk is very beautiful and interesting.
    It is an excursion which I made with emaxx on other occasions. In this ,due to the recent snow will find much mud.

Leaving shortly after dawn.

Soon starts a little snow and mud.

Shortly before arriving at a mountain pass we'll have to go through these slabs of rock

Picturesque mountain village in the valley below. (-600 meters)

climbing towards the summit. Not permitted to fall....

Whenever there is any interest in the emaxx on this route, it is quite common.

Last part of the climb, there are no more than 300 meters to the summit.

Initiated the descent , on this side there is more snow. It is necessary to secure the car.

During the descent, a bit of rocky area.

And more much mud.

In the next Route 70, to Cortaplana mountain, we find real snow. An excess. starting at 12 º C below zero (10 F)
    -

RC Qualifier
    // machine translation..//
    Mountain Hike number 70, Cortaplana. Western Pyrenees.
    An easy mountain in summer, not far from a refuge,
    which in winter conditions presents a very different and interesting scenario.

Another way to warm tires to evaporate moisture from the sponge.
    Oops, not above 70 ºC for two days

12 º C below zero (10 F). Beginning of the hike, 07:45 am.
    Ice axle are not necessary but crampons are recommended.

Within minutes a slight rise begins, at the moment very soft.

This is a bit harder to climb with the Emaxx, It is a long diagonal toward a mountain pass, with increasing inclination.
    return descent is a bit risky.

Running over the snow on a small icy lake.
    Background shows part of the slope that we have to climb

This is.

(Small crawling video near this area http://video.google.es/videoplay?doc...79238782786124 )

-
    No emaxx, but it shows the route from the first zigzag up the current position.
    Treated, underexposed image in the tire tracks

Small snow slides

A beautiful part of the way towards the mountain pass

Highlighted image of the mountain route to the summit.
    The plate of snow more inclined, after the first rocks, maybe I should not pass.
    It took too much time ensuring the passage and decide to do .

More photos of this "winter" tour in the next post,greetings to all.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Fantastic photos thank you. The third photo down in post #102 is spectacular. The peaks showing above the cloud is beautiful. Thanks again for sharing.

RC Qualifier
    [Machine translation]
    Hello everyone. We presented pictures of the 2nd part of the Hike number 70 to the mountain called Cortaplana ( Western Pyreenes, Spain )

Despite the fact that there is much, much snow in the Pyrenees this year
    the temperature has risen a little, and no longer is in excellent condition for my emaxx.

In this image, near the top there is good balance between traction and steering on the icy snow.

We are in the highest part, is now almost flat and we need to get to the vertex, indicated by a small arrow.

View from the top of the peak cortaplana showing the mountain trail that I followed with emaxx.

The drop,the will on the other side of the mountain to avoid a dangerous step.

In many places it is advisable to ensure the Emaxx with a small flange and a retractable cord

I begin to descend into the valley and I am looking for the lower slope.

That was it. Even with the car insured in my belt, there was a small slip.

Final part of the slope, extremely slippery, and snow melting.
    Down at the bottom of the image , the parking of 1/1 ....

Small footprints, big footprints at the bottom of the mountain hike.

Best regards, We encourage everyone to make mountain routes with your Emaxx.

RC Qualifier
    i wonder how many miles that thing has on it now lol

RC Qualifier
    how did the batts last
    pm me with what BRUSHED motor for rusty

RC Qualifier
    Just want to say that these photos are amazing.

Thanks for keeping this going here on the forum.

RC Qualifier
    Trucktrial, These photos are the coolest I have ever seen!!!

You are so lucky!!! I think I am going to get an e-maxx soon to go hiking with it in colorado.

Good job keep the pics coming!!!

What did you use to lock your differentials?

also do you have some pics of the the chassis and electronics?

Slasher12
    Last edited by Slasher12; 04-19-2009 at 02:57 PM.
    § Snap Racing §

RC Qualifier
    It has already been mentioned elsewhere in this thread, we now estimate between 600 and 650 miles traveled.

I do not have too many photos of the interior, but these two are a very effective and easy way to prevent splashing into the old 3906 model,
    only in the event of heavy snow blizzards I found moisture inside.

the top should be flexible and exactly match the body inside. Currently are finished with sponge rubber.

Differentials are locked with the spool diff traxxas specific to this model, coupled with a Robinson Racing differential gears and Mip CVD
    are a perfect set for this use, practically indestructible.

I leave with you a photo of the last mountain hike this Sunday and 6 minutes of video on a path down a mountain
    with the camera along the TQ3.

Looking for the best path to go down?. What path?

This, I found it.

6 minutes short video of the descent, but now the easiest part, within the path.

Excuse the movements and quality, but was filmed while walking and driving the Emaxx in quite severe weather conditions

V1: http://video.google.es/videoplay?doc...10200023&hl=es

V2: http://video.google.es/videoplay?doc...10200023&hl=es

RC Qualifier
    Thanks so much trucktrial!!!!
    The vids were cool even though they were blurry!!!
    Good job!!!

Slasher12
    § Snap Racing §

RC Qualifier
    Finally I could finish the web page of the winter mountain trek #70, to Mount Cortaplana (Western Pyrenees)

includes 32 Snow&Emaxx photos and a link to the automatic translations to English

English Link: http://www.google.com/translate?lang...cortaplana.htm
    original page (Spanish) http://www.rc-hiking.com/cortaplana.htm

destination, just behind that mountain lit by the sun, height 600m above

Start climbing up the easy slopes of icy snow.

Details of used tires; chains, screwed nails, enhanced profiles, emptying of 1 in 2.

Large surfaces of icy snow on a mountain lake

Summit of the mountain, marked by the milestone covered in ice.

part of the intermediate zone of the slope, showing the tracks in parallel