¡¡Sigue asi campeon!!

RC Racer
    truly awesome place to run your truck.

good work 'trucktrial'
    "I swear to drunk I'm not God occifer."

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by trucktrial
    [ Machine translation..]
    I thought more than once in that impressive Mount Rainier that I know only after tens of times over its slopes with the flight simulator...
    The tires Losi zombies seem interesting, but I'm not sure we are better in snow and mud because the snow can harden and compacting between
    their slots, very close.
    The tyres I need to be reasonably good in snow, dirt, rock (and hard to withstand tearing) mud and grass, I tried it with Proline Masher and Moab over 40 rims, and for different reasons, especially for his behavior acceptable at all ground, I prefer the original with some changes in the foam and nerves.
    for icy snow or ice i use old chevron tyres with wood screws of 3 * 15 mm inserted from the inside and profiles of rubber glued with flexible cynocrilate, + chains , sometimes.
    thus use two complete sets of tires and rims.

Lately I'm testing in harsh conditions screws 3 * 20 inclined at 30 º against the meaning of the ascension .

You are probably right with hard ice to use the screws and chevrons but on any softer snow or powder the Proline Mulchers not Mashers are incredible in snow so are the Losi Super Bolt-On's. Get a pair and try them you won't regret it.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks 'Stinkfist', maybe try it on some occasions with soft snow but I prefer to keep my Emaxx on icy snow.
    I will add two recent trips to the thread. The first is for an extinct volcanic zone near the Pyrenees in northern Spain, the second on an emblematic mountain in the National Park at the French Pyrenees, I hope you enjoy it.

Trail 55# Dormant volcanoes in the Garrotxa.
    up! Full Throttle

Successive layers of ash and lapilli, the last of only 7000 years ago

trail inside the crater "Croscat"

???

at 39 º C (102º f) everything seems fire

Next mountain hikes in the following reply

RC Qualifier
    Trail 56# (1700 m) Hike to Peyreget (2487 m) and Midi D´Ossau Peak (2884m)

link: http://www.rc-hiking.com/peyreget.htm

7:30 AM , parking. In the background to the left then Peyreget Peak, our goal

Dawns, you may find something better every day?.

Gaining altitude

'De Pombie", Refuge and lake.
    You have seen the car,.. and the fisherman? Or the fisherman .. and the car.

Same Lake and refuge but a little further down

crawler's zone.

Latest Max.gradient, before the summit

At the top of almost 2500m. In the background a beast of the Midi d'Ossau with several steps climbing little harder.

a greeting to all and see you soon.
    Last edited by trucktrial; 09-21-2008 at 06:54 AM.

As always, thank you very much for sharing those pictures with us! They look great!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    Excellent photos!! I look out my back door and I see nothing but flatlands

Those are some very beautiful pictures.
    E-Maxx 3905, E-Savage, Summit! Lots of batteries!

RC Champion
    Splendid

Do you really run your E-Maxx when you trek in the mountains ? You bring your charger, batteries, wrenches and spare parts with you ??

RC Competitor
    Wow, that is just amazing.

You should hold the world record for longest distance traveled side by side with a radio controlled car.

That E-Maxx has seen more terrain than most RC's would see after years and years here in the US.

I was just thinking how awesome that would be to do something similar (not as long of distances as you probably go with your E-Maxx) around here with my E-Maxx. However I couldn't run in snow or in water because my E-Maxx is brushless and LiPo powered. But still seems like alot of fun.

What motors do you run in your E-Maxx? The stock titans? And if so, how long does a pair of Titans last you?

And are you running spools in the differentials?
    Last edited by Krawlin™; 09-21-2008 at 04:00 PM.
    Forget Milk, Got Horsepower?

RC Racer
    I think traxxas should sponsor you or something, great pics by the way.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Absolutely speechless...............................Amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Champion
    wow that e maxx has alot of miles on it
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Champion
    yea, *only 300-400 miles on it LOL* in rc time thats aLOT!!!

very cool thead!
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

RC Qualifier
    wow. that is simply incredible, superb.
    Do you bash run or simply use the maxx at walking speed?, I asked because you can use 7.2v instead of 14.4v, using a single $27 crawler motor or two for more torque. using dual batteries in parallel like i have. for stupid long runtimes or less batteries to carry. example i use two 4200mAh in paralell that makes them into 8400mAh i can run mine almost an hour and only take 2200mAh from each battery.

Increíble, eso es simplemente bellísimo.
    ¿Corres tu maxx a mas velocidad o solo a la velocidad a la que caminas? Te pregunto porque puedes usar 7.2v en lugar de 14.4v usando un solo motor de $27 dolares, con mas torque que los originales, o dos para mucho mas torque . Usando las baterías en paralelo, como yo lo he hecho, para corridas con tiempos estúpidos o menos baterías que cargar, ejemplo tengo dos baterías de 4200mAh y conectadas en paralelo me dan 8400mAh puedo usar mi maxx por poco menos de una hora y solo sacarle 2200mAh a cada batería.

En hora buena muchas felicidades, grandiosos paisajes realmente envidiables.

Boone722
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    As always, thank you very much for sharing those pictures with us! They look great!
    +1000 Yes Thank you,That's Traxxas durability for you.

RC Qualifier
    [ Machine translation]

Thank you all for your encouragement. I will try to answer your questions.
    --
    Gsksp1:
    Ops, behind my house I have only small mountains, sometimes I have to run 200 or 250 miles on the car (scale 1/1 ) to go to the Pyrenees.
    Popoxx:
    Yes, the emaxx comes with me when I walk on the mountain from the first to the last kilometer. Obviously I do not carry the charger, but the battery (up to 30,000 mah in several packs) and spare parts as semi-axis, CVD, TX and Rx batteries, links, rod ends, axle carrier, bellcranks, screws .., about 700 grams in weight and nearly 6 Kg in double packs.
    --
    Krawlin:
    True, he has traveled many miles, to be sure, more than 350, but it is also true that I have spent well over $ 2,700 ( without batteries) in spare parts and hopups in something more than two and a half years, and is a really significant amount for me: motors, transmitter, receiver, body, tires, wheels, Rpm, R. Racing, Mip ....

I'm run with Titan engines , I had to change when the bearing of one of them was spent and vibrated too much.

It took both differential locked, improved traction is impressive. Essential to some areas.
    --
    E-vilMaxx:
    I prefer not to speak too much of this item or that it becomes the axis of post as it is for me a little controversial. Traxx has NEVER shown interest in this subject, if dependent on support from the manufacturer would have stopped me on the hike number 8, and I've already done 56. Possibly have other interests as the competition, much more widespread, which must be respected. While able to keep costs will continue with my hobby.
    --
    Jefiero:
    Most of the time I'm going to speed walker (5 - 7 Km/h) in first gear with 10/72 pinion , on other occasions I need power to run a little more. I am thinking in two Integy 45t but I like that also run on the ice or descend at full speed. thanks for your translation but do not need to write in Spanish in the forum, I understand your language well, although I write with automatic translator.

Up! Little king of mountains.

RC Champion
    +10!

This has got to be the best thread I've seen in any of the forums here yet! everyone needs to see this! Amazing!!

That truck takes on the personality of DOG after a while! "Come on boy! You can do it! Goooood boy! Good trucky! Daddy loves trucky! Trucky Love Daddy?" HA!!! Awesome Awesome Awesome! Thank you for sharing!
    ERBE, E-Slayvo Pro, Ext Stampy, 2xMERV's.

RC Enthusiast
    wow! That is amazing! Those are all places I visit in my dreams! To have that kind of thing right in your backyard is amazing, or at least within a couple hours drive. You definetley are lucky! I noticed your pictures are amazing! What kind of camera are you using? Besides my Emaxx, another big hobby of mine is photography, my favorite place to photography is Europe. But fantastic photos! Keep it up!

RC Qualifier
    WOW! Those are just AWESOME pictures! GREAT Job!
    END_OF_LINE

RC Qualifier
    [ machine translation]
    It is completely true. On two occasions walking down the mountain other mountaineers have so far confounded my Emaxx with a dog tied up and covered with a red Blanket. It is curious that a little bit common and unexpected can trick the eye.
    I have fortunate to be able to put together three hobbies, Rc , the mountain, and photography.
    I used two cameras a Nikon Coolpix 5400 and now a Panasonic Lumix FZ30 the two are quite compact to put in the bag . Nikon although in my opinion was somewhat better. On the website are published reduced to 72 dpi 600 * 450. Jpg of approximately 150/180 Kb.

4 days ago there was a first snowfall in the Pyrenees over 2300m, which naturally took advantage to make a trip. This was the result.

In the background to the right port mountain we have to go through with the Emaxx.

Playing near the north wall of a mountain of 3150 m (Taillon)

turning to start climbing the hill of Sarradets, near the waterfall ice

Taillon cascade of ice: a delicate crossing and full of doubts

higher, with the mountain refuge of Sarradets (2525 m) in the sun ,down to bottom

part of the glacier ice completely in the final stretch. Best with crampons although many people went up without them
    Height 2808 m. + 650 M Elevation in Snow & ice

More at:
    http://www.rc-hiking.com/insnow.htm

RC Racer
    Tres, tres bien.

I wish I was that truck...
    I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.

RC Qualifier
    [machine translation]

Continuing with the hiking trails in the Pyrenees , I leave with you the links to the latest routes and some photos of my 3906.

Route 57. Attempt to the third summit of the natural park of 'Peñas de Aia' close to my house. Slope is extreme for the Emaxx and I left because the risk of falling.

Link: http://www.rc-hiking.com/aia8.htm

The two attempts.

Spinning into the wall by the 2nd trail

Above. two climbers pointed the way, with great lateral slope.

Route 58, Rain and mud for 6 hours.
    Link: http://www.rc-hiking.com/txindoki3.htm

Route 59. Aizkorri. A world of Rocks.
    http://www.rc-hiking.com/aizkorri3.htm

Access to the mountain pass

Nice way. It is that which goes up

Reaching the crest, already occupied by some ibex

The peak, the second highest in my province

I hope to soon make these routes with the new Summit, ideal for this.
    until the next month, which will be in the snow, a salute to all

more hiking trails at http://www.rc-hiking.com/insnow5.htm
    Last edited by trucktrial; 10-26-2008 at 12:41 PM.

RC Qualifier
    You should deffinetly get a summit, its built perfectly for you!!!
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Champion
    Sandy, Utah you can find me at the construction bash site a lot
    yeah I agree the summit can handle that mud, water, snow has decent speed good torque can drive in the night and can crawly really good...thos pictures are amazing I wish I could go there
    Agree with slowenufs sig wheres the new 4 tec?

RC Qualifier
    wow! that is such nice scenery! i cant wait to go to spain! one question though; has your maxx ever been close to falling off a mountain? in some of those pictures it looks like its by the edges and stuff.

and summit would be a great truck for you! has the lockers and lots more travel then any maxx.
    3905 w/MMM Combo on 4s
    I want MERV!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I think you need to get the new Traxxas Summit, it would fit perfectly to what you are doing!!!!

RC Qualifier
    [machine translation]
    On three occasions over these 60 mountain hikes the Emaxx has fallen by a hillside.
    The first was the most serious,
    Seconds after making this picture when holding the tq3 and inadvertently touching the trigger.

After 100 meters endless rolling and jumping, broke the union's chassis with the chassis braces.
    In the other two, with only 30 or 40 meters just lost a batterie and scratching the body.

Second fall, just here e and before tying the emaxx. close the two mountaineers.

third. Shortly after the third tree on the trail, slope down

After some time , whenever I go through a dangerous place, I leave the car tied to my belt with a 5 meters extensible dog leash.

RC Qualifier
    [machine translation]
    Missing one month to begin the winter and there is already enough snow in the Pyrenees, relatively close to my house to go to visit them.
    in early October I had the occasion to beat the personal record of altitude with my Emaxx in winter conditions rising since 1900 to almost 2800 m , as anticipated in the previous post.
    It was a very gratifying experience that I am happy to share with you and encourage you to do with your emaxx

Hike # 60 From 'Col des Tentes' to "Bréche de Roland" .
    French-Spanish border, Pyrenees.

First part of the route up the icy hill of Sarradets

approaching the wall

Way to the icy waterfall. The mountain pass is the first 'V' to the right

Taillon Glacier (3200 m at the top)

A little later . Mountain refuge of "Brèche de Roland" or "Sarradets" Yes, there is a path that reaches him, but it is not evident from this view.

Near the refuge, our goal in the background.

Playing before entering the Glacier of "La breche de Roland 2808 m"

Glacier of La breche de Roland.

Going down and coming back to the mountain refuge 2800 -> 2500 m.

Final part of the descent with a strong inclination side.

Link to trail #60 Part One
    http://www.rc-hiking.com/sarradets.htm

Link to trail #60 Part Two
    http://www.rc-hiking.com/sarradets1.htm

Last edited by trucktrial; 11-15-2008 at 07:03 AM.

RC Qualifier
    trucktrial, Nothing personal, but I hate you(sarcasm). You have to be in the most beautiful area I have ever seen. I am in the Army and am going to try to go to Germany someday, I just need to convince the wife first. If I get that lucky I am taking some leave and going to Spain, with my Traxxas Summit of course.

I wanted to commend you on your fantastic photography skills. And on your ingenuity for tying a cord to rear of your E-Maxx, just in case something happens. Good planning.

I'm looking forward to getting to see that gorgeous countryside someday.
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Champion
    awesome scenery!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Qualifier
    Please share more pics with us!!! Those were amazing! What battery's do you use?
    Traxxas start making dirt bikes! :)

RC Competitor
    Amazing simply amazing thanks for showing these pic's cant wait to see more.

RC Champion
    Absolutely astounding photos

The Summit would make a perfect trail truck in those mountains
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Qualifier
    Hiya trucktrial, may I ask why do you have a dog leash on it? My guess is so if it gets stuck or falls down a hill you can pull it out? Or if it drowns in water!

Or just because you like to walk your maxx .
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=499094

RC Qualifier
    [machine translation]
    In fact, the auto retractable leash EMaxx serves to pull me on the slopes.
    Really, it is essential in many places with strong lateral inclination , ravines or ice, sometimes the path has no more than hand span in width.
    It is not always easy to stop a fall from a Emaxx.

As for batteries, please review a little this thread , has already been asked several times, I usually carry up to 30,000 mah -and more- in my backpack.

Two very recent photos. In my last two hikes. The first below -5 º C.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Very nice pictures again! I think what you do is inspiring. The pictures of the maxx in snow are very good.

Can't wait for more!

RC Qualifier
    [machine translation]
    Hello everyone, the latter route that I could go with my emaxx have been almost a Christmas gift because the snow is very abundant this year in the mountains north of my country and was keen to test the equipment winter.

In the snow from 1500 to 2320 m in height.

Path #62, 'Chinebral of Gamueta' <junipers of Gamueta>

Going up a hill known as passage of the bear, `Paso del Oso'

the hardest part of the climb. really hard for the Emaxx ,and also for me. crampons are necessary. below is a small point that is a refuge.

'Chinebral' mountains and 'Acherito', Western Pyrenees, northern Spain

Pointing toward the top. Perfect snow for my emaxx.

Half of the descent. first to the last arrow: Emergency shelter, the mountain pass 'Of the Horse' , and the cars parking.

The route downhill view from below.This mountain is only an intermediate step.

Small cottage on the green, only what we expected at the end of the excursion.

Link to hike #62 (available automatic translation to English)
    http://www.rc-hiking.com/chinebral.htm

up soon, a greeting and happy Christmas to all.

RC Champion
    Awesome photos
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

Simply amazing! Those photos are fantastic! By far the best collection I have seen for a long time, maybe ever.

Thank you for sharing! Looks like a wonderful place to live.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    Hello everyone, going through mountain treks in the snow on this occasion I want to show you some pictures of the hike #63,
    to a place known as "Aguas Tuertas". Had not even started the winter but had a good amount of snow. Tires with Chevrons modified + chains and nails.

Trail#63 'Aguas Tuertas'

English translation available
    link to the first part. http://www.rc-hiking.com/aguast.htm
    link to the second part. http://www.rc-hiking.com/aguast1.htm

Approximation

Climbing on snow and icy rocks

'Aragon Subordan' river meanders

in the valley, going to Gabedaille Pass

Playing with ice.

Not straight, we must turn a few times

Deep snow, but at 1/8.

Opening track

Gabedaille Pass

'logistic support vehicle' on a mountain trail closed to traffic.
    used to reach the mountain foot path from the parking.
    less expensive battery, sure.

translation available
    link to the first part. http://www.rc-hiking.com/aguast.htm
    link to the second part. http://www.rc-hiking.com/aguast1.htm

see you soon, greetings to all.