Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    You deserve to be sponsored by Traxxas or something. They should be giving you free products for this.

Keep up the fun!!!

Because of you I now have a few years of beautiful desktop backgrounds.
    ENJOY the hobby, don't HATE it.

RC Racer
    WOW amazing

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for your support and encouragement guys.
    I begin this new page with two photos not yet published about my last hike. It is the first route of autumn in which I find ice, but especially a wind over 50 mph and four Cē degrees below zero in the upper part of the route (2000 m height)
    Not that it was unbearable but it makes it very difficult driving.
    Contrary to what may appear to drive an electric Rc 8 feets away without hearing any of their motors and gears, is a very strange feeling

10-18-2009
    Leaving the bed of a creek before a small waterfall.

10-18-2009
    Strong rise in the upper third of the mountain hike, very cold despite the sun.

-

RC Qualifier
    4th attempt at the third summit of the Peņas de Aia.
    Probably the last for some time. This summit has proved to be definitely very hard to raise it with my hands in front of a TQ3. In this the emaxx had a vertical drop of 3 meters and is subject only to the security cable.
    The fact is that there are some sections of rock that need a little help from our hands and in Rc that is more than a little difficulty.

After 4 attempts, I will not try again this summit, I think. True emaxx black beast.
    The arrows do not reflect the main path, only a few tests I've done.
    The real surroundings and is on the other side

The approach passes through very beautiful places

-

--

--
    But soon the path is more serious for a emaxx.

Alternating with stretches easier.
    In the background we can see a way of approaching the wall.

This is a tough stretch, diagonally to the top

And this the result of trying without much conviction: A bad fall.

We shall return, and a nice rise as second prize.

Under the watchful eye of these creatures.
    It is not the first time I encounter a feast with this type of diners at the table.
    Are common in this area the falls of the sheeps and horses

Link to Hike 81, Third summit of the rocks of aia.
    http://www.google.com/translate?hl=e...al%2Faya12.htm

RC Qualifier
    HIKE #82, Kartxela Peak. Western Pyrennes. Spanish French border.

Today I present my mountain hike #82, On a hilltop that struck me in the past winter.

It is an ascension of little difficulty for the Emaxx but quite long, almost 35,000mah! were required to complete te path.
    In the highest part of the top is a small stretch of rocky ridge full of emotions.

A bus of a mountaineering club parking just a few minutes before me and horror! seem to want to go to the same place.
    Is just the highest mountains in the background that seems to prick the cloud. Kartxela, a modest peak height of 2000 m .

A few minutes later, preferred walking in silence and spent some time playing in these rocks in the GR-11 trail.

Rigid axle?
    Of course not. I'm no supporter of such suspension and mobility, even used by all the crawlers and the vast majority of 4x4.

The bottom left, the first of the ramps will have to climb, the peak is further away.

The first hard ramp, two red dots indicate the position of two mountaineers who looked astonished to my Emaxx

Walk up the slope so focused on driving causes make mistakes, in this case involuntarily left the main path and got into a position more difficult each time and exposed to nasty falls.
    I had to go back to rediscover the normal way.

The last stretch is exciting, next to a wall that is not suitable for people with vertigo. It's a very strange feeling moving slowly with a RC near the edge of a cliff, it seems that what is the ground move and the car and you are on a platform, you see the meadow in the valley floor to move very slowly, not can distract half a second.

We approached the top, I hear already part of the mountaineers who were at the beginning

Kartxela summit peak. Care! the 'highway' is not very wide.

After a short break at the top to eat a little, start to return.
    What fun!, tell me these two girls.
    Really? I think. I look at both sides of the path and I hesitate.

Link to EmaxxTrail #82, Kartxela ( machine translation )
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...m/kartxela.htm

home page: http://www.rc-hiking.com/index-eng.htm

RC Racer
    That looks like a pure blast!

RC Qualifier
    Do not think this a great place to run around with a emaxx? We will show that it is.

EMaxxcursion #83, col of Mount Petraficha , western Pyrenees, Spain.

In the middle of this splendid valley begins the path to Mount Petraficha, an affordable route but not without difficulties for the emaxx. In the image, reaching the first mountain shelter.

Then we left the shelter , visible at the bottom of the photo , and started climbing into a forest.
    Does a severe cold and windy. It's the first frost this fall , early november, at low altitude.

The trail is not difficult, but we pay a little attention,
    During the first three hours of the walk I found no one in the valley.

The mountains of the Alans, seems to follow for several miles across the valley.
    Here the wind blows so strong that it is impossible to hear the Emaxx from a meter away,
    and is a very strange feeling because it is impossible to determine whether we should give more or less throttle trigger

beginning of a beautiful stone path that we have to climb to the top, fortunately there are good traction and grip.

Soon we take a shortcut up the hill toward the maximum slope, is tough but shorter than the normal path

No doubt this is the part that needs a little more experience, will also be required to hand carry it in a few short strides.
    It is a short stretch but terribly steep and rocky

The two red dots indicate a pair of climbers and the first pass that would arrive within minutes.
    Unfortunately, in the col, less than 150 meters from the summit was found
    the limit of the sixth double battery pack and could not climb.

The return, after reaching the col at 2000m did the normal way.
    We had a very long downhill, portion of which we can see to the bottom of this picture

Link to #83 Hike (machine translated ) http://www.google.com/translate?lang...petraficha.htm

+

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by trucktrial
    At the top, a short break.

what kind of dog is that?

RC Qualifier
    just want to suggest some upgrades for you.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...ories_evx2.htm
    this esc is waterproof, so you dont have to worry about it getting wrecked by water. also, it can hold 2 7-cell batteries for more power, instead of using 6-cell batteries.

http://www.buytraxxas.com/product_in...oducts_id=2847
    get two of these,they are both waterproof as well.

http://www.promatchracing.com/prodde...?prod=5000-7UM
    these batteries have one more cell than the batteries you are using now, so they will have more power, and they are 5000mah, instead of 3000, they they will last much longer.

just suggestions, but i highly reccomend these upgrades, if money is there for you. they will suit your needs perfectly

RC Qualifier
    Is a Basque shepherd dog, Gorbea subtype. Extremely sociable and smart, very capable in the mountains. Is a female ,and now 4 years old.
    His greatest skill is to go completely unnoticed and silent in nature.
    Accompanied me and Emaxx in almost all hikes so I think it deserves a picture in this thread

Lyra, more miles than my emaxx

Thanks for the suggestions Que165 ., I know those HopUps.
    I've never had problems with moisture in the servo or ESC, but yes I've had several in the rain at the transmitter, reversing the channels. accelerating when braking or turning to the opposite side !!!
    As for the power, is more than enough for hiking of medium -high even- difficulty. Would be much more interested in reducing consumption and increasing the autonomy which leads me several times to think of a couple of Integys 45T, especially now that the axes of the Titan began to have a bit of slack.
    Last edited by trucktrial; 11-28-2009 at 11:48 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by trucktrial
    I've never had problems with moisture in the servo or ESC, but yes I've had several in the rain at the transmitter, reversing the channels. accelerating when braking or turning to the opposite side !!!
    then you might want to invest in the traxxas micro reciever with the waterproof box

RC Qualifier
    First snow . Three feet of snow at 1800 m elevation only, with a thin ice layer excellent for the Emaxx but terrible for walking. I could barely walk for 3 Km because the ice broke under my boots and I sank to my knees. There should be carried snowshoes but I was wrong and chose crampons.
    5 Dec 2009, Portalet . Spain French border

tires used, in addition to snow chains, excellent results

RC Qualifier
    Last walk of the fall, before the first significant snowfall in the Pyrenees.

In this incredible forest of 3,700 hectares (slightly more than 9000 acres) one might expect to find Merry and Pippin captured by orcs. Then everything is possible, the passage blocked by a fallen tree, a forest exceptionally quiet. Well this is my route walking Articuza municipal property, one of the rainiest areas of Spain, known for thousands of years by people who filled cromlechs and other funerary monuments.

Trial #84 Artikutza. Path of cromlechs.

Suggestive and flashy entrance.

follow me, needed something more to come?

Among rocks ,a few simple steps

One of the rainiest areas in Spain? . the moss is pervasive

Water seems to live under rocks and surfaces often.
    In the way we have to cross numerous small creeks

there is no wind, no heat, no cold, no sound. The fog is lifting

This must be where the orcs tried to escape

Climbig mount Biamditz

Passage of a small hill

Very near the top and before starting the descent down the other side because it is a circular hike.

Link trail #84 web page: http://www.google.com/translate?lang.../artikutza.htm

RC Qualifier
    your so lucky nice shots

RC Qualifier
    # 85 Portalet I ,

Well, let's try the first powerful snowfall before the winter.
    Throughout the week has been snowing in the north of my country and go o an area easy to get started in the ski mountaineering. Just what I need.

This is the area at the beginning of the mountain Hike

Looking for a way where it seems not to have while the thin ice layer cracks.

Here across a beautiful hillside. Without danger, but with enough lateral drop to failing stopping the Emaxx in case of sliding.

Huge snow slope where I can enjoy the maximum speed.

Towards a mountain known by the name "Bell of Aneou" for its obvious shape

The Boss of the area looking over 9462 ft . Midi D'Osaau peak

Mountain skiers getting ready for the slope
    The bottom up, the Cuylaret mountain, I try to reach the top.

Playing with the rocks and snow.

Good traction for Emax. Horrible for me, sometimes I'm sinking to the thighs.
    The thin crust of ice supports 1.5 Kg/tire, but not nearly 45 kg per boot ,and below it is almost a meter of snow powder

Up the valley, offers us a fantastic view of the path.

<end of part one>

RC Qualifier
    Part two. Trail #85 Portalet . First attempt ... Dec. 2009

Up in the distance, the mountain that I could not reach due to snow conditions.

Strange clouds in this season .A warm front approaching

Heading up the hillside near 'Bell of Aneou'

Beautiful valley of Aneou under Midi D´Osau Peak.

It seems that not a good place to stop, just for the pic.

The same image from the side. The climb is very easy using snow tires with chains and nails.

-

Late morning, the sun melts the ice layer and the snow is only able to support the weight of emaxx.

Testing the traction and grip, I used up the last battery.

The road to the mountain pass of Portalet. End of the trail #84

Link to Trail #85 page. http://translate.google.com/translat...tm&sl=es&tl=en

--

RC Enthusiast
    Love your pictures.

If you are concerned about consumption, change your stock connectors to deans

RC Qualifier
    About battery autonomy, I have a recent order at Towerhobbies of two Integy 45T motors.

Still, do not know how to connect them because there are different technical support opinions about whether it is better , 14.4V and serial or parallel and 7.2 V.

Then I have pinions from 9 to 16 teeth and spur gears from 66 to 70 and 72 to test the best combination that can run in first gear to 4/6 mph.

RC Competitor
    Very nice pictures Trucktrial!
    Great looking motorcycle too. Do you ride much?

RC Qualifier
    Yes, that bike has done more than 108,000 miles without repair any time the engine . Do not be surprised if my Emaxx lasts as long

RC Qualifier
    Have you ever flipped your emaxx and had it roll down a hill?
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Qualifier
    Yes, my Emaxx has fallen and rolled down three times on different slopes, the worst on this route, more than 80 m for 8 interminable seconds. In the end, it was only a broken bulkhead and the union of the front chassis.

This picture is taken a few seconds before. the red line shows the fall.

It's the biggest drawback to this type of mountain hiking, and have to drive with great care.

RC poster
    Those are some amazing pictures.! This is true dedication to R/C! It sounds like you carry more in your backpack for the truck then you do for yourself. I hope to do some hiking down in Tennessee this spring. I think my e-maxx will come with me.

RC Qualifier
    Lol, you are right. In my backpack took in addition to 12 or 14 packs of batteries all these spare parts and tools , about 9 Kg

-

-

-

While I only took for my sports drink, first aid kit, snack food , thermal blanket and little else.

RC Qualifier
    Trail # 86 Aizkorri IV.

Fourth time with my 3906 Emaxx to ascend the highest peak of my province.
    It is a path that runs on various types of terrain, very entertaining and somewhat demanding, with 700 vertical meters.
    Too many rocks and some mud make it ideal for walking with a mountaineer RC like mine Emaxx.

-
    Near the tunnel cave of San Adrian

-
    Entering the natutral park by an ancient roman road

Starting the longest climb on the beech forest.

-
    Coming to a mountain pass known as Calvary, in the background of the image
    `

In the middle of my preferred area

-

the 'Calvario"

Three and half hours later... 8 double Nimh Packs (3600 to 4200 each), top!

From a shelter near the top

Link Trail #86 http://www.google.com/translate?lang.../aizkorri4.htm

I am now testing a pair of LifePo ******* 3s2P
    9.9 V 4500 mah with two Integy 45T and 12/72 spur that are giving excellent results and great autonomy.
    Considerably less powerful than the Titan´s, but with more torque and smoother traction control.

RC poster
    You ever have that feeling like your soul gets numb? Like when you watch a movie or see something so moving, its like your "core" gets numb feeling? I just had 5 pages and about 30 minutes of that. Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures, and for the motivation to get my butt out of my seat and do more in my life. You are truly blessed for being able to witness that beauty first hand. Please remember that.
    Thank you again,
    Steve

RC Qualifier
    GsxrBots , I am proud that you have enjoyed the photos and hiking. No more saying that it is very easy to do that if you like a little: nature, walks, and electric RC.
    From these pages I have always encouraged everyone to do, respecting the environment. The feeling that your comment I have often, but not when I'm here but when I'm in those places.

I still, after some technical problems with the server, publishing photos of my trips.

On this occasion, a walk on snow and ice below negative 11 ē C (10 degrees F) due to the recent cold wave.

TRAIL #87 , PORTALET II. Part 1.

-8ēC at 8 AM, heading for the hotel parking. GO Emaxx.

The mini-driver will have heating in the emaxx?

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Part 1. Link #87 Snow Trail. http://www.google.com/translate?lang.../portalet2.htm

greetings.

RC Qualifier
    Trail #87 Portalet 2. II part.

In a year of unusually heavy snowfall, I have been fortunate to enjoy the Emaxx in many mid-mountain winter excursions.
    Here the second part of the route number 87 near a border mountain pass.
    Around mid-morning the cold was still very strong, but the sun helped a little on the trail and I decided to continue to finish
    the last of the electrons in the last batteria.

In this second part we're going up this hill to the right of the image

The tracks of my emaxx.

Excellent snow quality in this side of the mountain

On the other side, South side, something softer, we descend to a small frozen lake

Below we can see the small lake

-

Seems that just landed and has made a skid to slow down, really just out of the surface of the lake

This is a second pond ice, a little above

We left the valley with a long downhill on virgin snow

And a visit to Escarra ice dam at dusk, before returning home

I hope you have enjoyed.
    More on the main page of this excursion: http://www.google.com/translate?lang.../portalet2.htm

RC Qualifier
    I gotta say those are some beautiful views and to see them while driving an e-maxx must make it amazing!
    Have you ever had to fix your car in the middle of a hike?
    HV-MAXX,MM RUSTY,MERV,BAJA SS, F104,B4,MINI T

RC Qualifier
    In 95 mountain hikes, there have been only three breakdowns have forced me to leave.
    Broken differential ,servo breakage by ice accumulation, and rupture of an axis when used the original stock plastic.
    He has also been a broken chassis, after a long fall into the mountainside.

I could have fixed at the time, but changing the rear differential in the middle of the mountain sitting on a stone with the pieces scattered on the grass would not do it unless it was a more than four or five hours away from the starting point, even having a full differential block is not a quick task.

There have been other much more simple repairs, a broken pin wheel axis. change of hexagons, battery connectors melted, ruptured one of the two-speed gearbox. Overall, after some minor improvements the car is extremely reliable in these conditions, I never never think about the possibility of a breakdown would be in the middle of the hikes.

RC Qualifier
    The heavy snowfall this past winter, still giving me opportunities to enjoy the car on the mountain.

This time, a hike very close to my house, in a natural park of Aia, following the course of Arditurri river, with frequent incursions into its bed of rocks and ice water

Trail #88 Arditurri . Snow on the path of old iron mines.

In the bed of the river Ardituri

-

-

-

-
    on a local frozen road.

-

-
    Ruins of old mining facilities near the new interpretation center.

-
    In the following pics, a nice snowfall at the end of the hike.

-

-

Link Trail #88
    http://translate.google.com/translat...tm&sl=es&tl=en

RC Qualifier
    Wow, those are some awesome pics.
    MERV
    Stampede XL-5

RC Qualifier
    You've probably said this already, but I was so lazy I didn't read through the whole thread. What motor(s) are you running and esc setup, and what modifications did you make?
    MERV
    Stampede XL-5

RC Qualifier
    Since 4 or 5 outings I have changed the original Titan 14,4V motors by two Integy 45T running in parallel under 1 LiFepo 3s2p 4500 mah battery and 9.9 V.

The behavior is very different from the original Titan. Integy engines are less powerful and consume less electricity, but the traction at low revs is softer, and have large torque.

The big advantage is that with the same amount of batteries I can go twice as far and high. More than an hour walking with 4500 mah.

The current maximum speed (at 10/72 ratio) does not exceed 8 mph in 2nd speed but I'm not walking faster

- Other important changes: Mip CVD, RPM arms, RRP diff steel kit, RRP slipper, Bigbore shocks, 2 spool diff, Red Springs "Integy" and custom double spiral, 645Mg Hitec servo, two auxiliary 6V batteries for fans and receiver....

RC Qualifier
    OK, nice setup. I love what you're doing. Keep it up.
    MERV
    Stampede XL-5

RC Qualifier
    Emaxx snow limits ? yes, with more and more snow

Trail 80, Bianditz. a real winter excursion.

Original Chevron Tyres modified, half of the reliefs out and irregular profile. Ice chains and nails

-
    Light snowfall at the start of the tour

-
    Big rise. Taking advantage of the traces of snowboarders

-

Slope with some difficulties, impossible without a good grip and these tires.
    `

Finally a bit of frozen ground is welcome

Even the strongest need help sometimes

Frozen ground and blue.

Down the forest track

Returning to the valley

Link to #80 trail http://www.google.com/translate?lang...ritbiandiz.htm

RC Qualifier
    These pics are just beautiful! That must be so much fun!
    Do you ever drive your e-maxx anywhere else besides on hikes?
    HV-MAXX,MM RUSTY,MERV,BAJA SS, F104,B4,MINI T

RC Qualifier
    Of course, at the beginning when I bought the Emaxx, yes.
    But then I got bored with jumping and skids in the parking lot.
    Also I quickly realized that Emaxx had a very short wheelbase and high center of gravity to run fast, so I prepare more towards the opposite.

Trail # 90, Beriain Peak and differential bearings break.

For hundreds of miles that I have installed on my Emaxx rear axle, Robinson Racing reinforced pinion/gear, and Traxxas spool diff.
    In this next excursion, one of the two bearings that hold the pinion to the spur gear broke .
    The ball bearings out of their tracks and fell into the gears breaking teeth.
    With only front wheel drive could not finish the hike, but arrived very near the top.

First real mountain test with two Integy 45T in parallel and 11/72 ratio
    start with a lot of mud and very slippery

look to the front and left rear wheel. That is equivalent to having stuck more than a cm of mud on the soles of boots.

Beech forest and the first snows. At the backgroung, my children, waiting patiently.

-

It seems that we can not walk up this slope, but is the best way.Look at the top mountaineers.

-

pinion bearing dif., break.

Going back to the valley. The 1/1 car s close to this small population.

-

-

Link to #90 trail:
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...natopalier.htm

-

RC Qualifier
    mountain hike number 91. Bianditz-Bianditz
    mid-winter, a trip on trails near my house.

We started the Rc-ride with very cold and icy snow

the old Emaxx, with its best winter clothing

-

-
    Not all snow is hard as it looks.

-

path to the top

-

-

-

Grass adds a few notes on this staff whose music spreads the wind through the forest.

Link trail 91: http://www.google.com/translate?lang.../bianditzc.htm

RC Qualifier
    A ride on recent snow.

Trail 92 #Aia natural park.
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang....com/aya13.htm

Passing near an old Civil War bunker

-
    At five C degrees below zero ,find some ice.

-

-
    One of my favorite steps, with a wheel in the air.

-
    The entrance to this small cave, blocked by snow

-

-

-
    Awesome channel descent into the valley.

-
    Descent through the mountain channel of Bocamina

-
    As with the curiosity of a child.

Link to trail #92.
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang....com/aya13.htm