TRy sparying your carb with wd-40 and work your idle scre in and out a bit while looking at it. Sounds like it is gummed up a little.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Competitor

T-maxx 3.3 Idle Adjustment/Stop Screw

I have been tuning my high speed and low speed needle and have them both set for good performance. Now as i have adjusted those two needles, the idle does not sound like it is high but when the truck is idling, it actually creeps forward quite a bit.

So i started to adjust the idle screw out to reduce the idle speed and it helped a bit but it is still creeping forward. if i adjust that screw out anymore, it doesn't want to start. what else should i try?

i also noticed that if i take the air filter out and look at the carb, when the truck is in idle, the gap between the idle stop screw and the carb is more than about 1mm, how can i adjust that gap? when i turn the idle screw it does not seem to effect that gap, and i have tried to adjust the throttle trim but it won't go any further.

thanks for the help!
    Stock T-Maxx 3.3 with a THS Racing Curved Tuned Pipe

RC Competitor
    I sprayed some wd-40 in there last night. tonight i'll try to spray some more while working the screw.

Mine did the same thing, then all of a sudden the idle dropped out to where it was supposed to be and then it was too low.lolll
    The idle screw looks like it presses a fitted sleeve against the slide, it's not the tip of the idle screw itself. I think that sleeve just gets a little stuck.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Competitor
    I noticed as i was playing around last night that when the truck is in idle, i can give the linkage/throttle bellcrank a slight nudge that puts it into the correct spot. I wonder if when i replaced the throttle bellcrank bushing with bearings that maybe i didn't tighten the screw on the bellcrank all the way down, or that i need to adjust the linkage?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have noticed that the "tower" for lack of knowing the part definition right off hand, has some flex in it when i hit the throttle. I have been thinking about fabricating a bracket that would help fix this, thus helping the truck hold a truer idle.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC poster
    i have the same problem i was wondering when you put the wd40 int the moter if how long u let it sit before u started it bc i am new to this sport