RC poster

3.3 Break in procedure

Anyone know the proper break in procedure for the TRX 3.3? Is it identical to the 2.5? Or is it changed a bit? thanks in advance

RC Racer

RC Champion
    it's the same
    #3 R.I.P DALE you are missed- when you are old enough to vote then you can tell me what i should or should not do. traxxas models - 4wd s maxx w/3.3 axles & carriers,turnbuckles: 1st gen revo w/ a 3.3: blast boat: t maxx 3.3: nitro 4 tec: nitro rustler. "ME" for president.

RC Qualifier
    you may try heat cycling as well all in personall preferance i suppose
    "I Used A Mailbox As A Brake Once...Then I Plowed It Right Over...Hmm Must Be A Supermaxx"

"People Say UE Is To Expensive, Then Again Never Having To Replace A Broken Part Is Priceless"

Definately use a hair dryer to warm up the block to about 150 F this will allow some expansion, making it easier to start that brand new motor.
    Heat cycling, I have heard good things about, but honestly I would stick to the book. It has worked well for many.
    Pay close attention to the cool down periods of 15 mins.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Qualifier
    ive never had to heat up the block. especally with the ez-start. i just crack the glow plug loose a little so the compression doesnt lock the engine and when it starts i crank it back down. i just got a new 3.3 last sunday and broke it in monday. it took about one minute to fire it off. of corse you have to use a glow stick this way.
    all rpm,acnc brace,dynomite cvd's for all,trx3.3,trx blue tuned pipe,mip header,dynomite air filter,spektrum dx3,jr servos,big bore shocks,orion 1200 ni-mh, and a mailbox scar on every corner.
    respect,Adam Sandler.

RC Champion
    from what ive heard heat cycling is made for OS engines which are richer that normal from the factory. I would stick to the book for traxxas.

please correct me if im wrong.
    T-Maxx 3.3, Rustler 2.5R, E-Maxx, AE TC3, AE T4