Thread: bmx bikes

RC Racer

bmx bikes

what kind of bmx bikes do u have and what tricks can you do

i have an 05 diamondback joker with a primo seat and a fit bike grips and i can do a bar spin and do a 30 foot wheelie

RC Qualifier
    I have a Hoffmann Rythm frame and parts, and i ride an Eastern, with S&M Grips, Shadow Conspiracy Titanium pegs, Tree 7075 Chainwheel, KMC Chain, and odyssey linear cable. but i quit riding, cause there is no where to ride anymore, and the skatepark i used to go to closed down...
    Smooth is Fast. Slow is Smooth. Therefore, Slow MUST equal Fast.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a 1998 Dyno Compe. I really didnt do much to it. Its the lightest bike in town. I used to be able to do alot on it. Now i lost my touch. lol

RC Qualifier
    I have a Redline. I can bunny-hop j-hop 20ft cat walk and jump over a mini van! I can bunny-hop so good i bunny-hop on to a couch!
    Stock REVO Jato List of hop ups: New Era roll bar New Era front and back a arms Traxxas red turnbuckles Futaba Magnum 2PL Futaba S3003 steering servo Futaba S3003 Throttle servo
    R142JE Receiver.OS .18 TZ!

RC Qualifier
    I have a 2001 hoffman deebo,and a haro aluminium full race bike..i leave mountain bikes for dead all the way,plus my riding buddy is a little overweight so he has no chance..i ride street and bmx tracks for height and variations..pulled a no-hander not long ago-scary but worth it...bmx-rules
    Detroit Custom Bodyworks
    N.S.W SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

RC Qualifier
    this doesn't really fit in but I do flatland . have a hoffman EP Pro.
    OS .18TZ Rusty | 2.5R 4-Tec | Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro

RC Competitor
    I have a 1987 redline RL20II and it is sick. It has old shool mag wheels and forklifter bars. It and the gt performer and a few others is what really got bmx going. I go to the bmx track but latley so many little kids have been wrecking the jumps by walking on them and going up on the ramps very slow. So I mostly street ride now.
    www.mvbashers.org another great revo sight.

RC Champion

GT Cruiser
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Racer
    i took it to the bike shop they got it off with a hammer now i can whellie about 100 feet

RC Qualifier
    Here is my specialized fatboy hemi comp. Got it for $10 at a gerage sale. Then I ****ed it out. My trick is riding around my neighberhood. Here is start to finsh.

Rich
    T-maxx, O.S. .18 CV-RX, RPM A-arms, Revo battery, Maximizer beadlock rims, Sporttraxx tires, Masher tires, RPM bumper, Pro-line power stroke shocks, MIP cvds, Pro-line titanium turn buckles, Pro-line performance steering kit, a Hitec 645, Mugen wing, FLM Chassis!!

RC Qualifier
    Youre a tricked out psycho man!!!!For shame doin that to a perfectly good specialized...ha lol...customise yeah....
    Detroit Custom Bodyworks
    N.S.W SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

RC Enthusiast
    I have a haro mirra....no ramps around where i live but i can do a pretty long wheelie and some ground tricks

RC Qualifier
    I know. But for $10. Plus I really wanted a chopper. And it is one of a kind. So if I ever sell it, I should get a pretty penny. In a way i miss having it but, boy I get lots of good looks.

Rich

Forgot to add that it has no breaks! lol My dad was like old sports cars dont have air condintioning so your bike dont need no breaks. I often thought about putting them on, but as the handle use the old stick shift off of a old schwinn stingray.

Rich
    Last edited by Mud 4 Me; 03-25-2006 at 08:46 PM.
    T-maxx, O.S. .18 CV-RX, RPM A-arms, Revo battery, Maximizer beadlock rims, Sporttraxx tires, Masher tires, RPM bumper, Pro-line power stroke shocks, MIP cvds, Pro-line titanium turn buckles, Pro-line performance steering kit, a Hitec 645, Mugen wing, FLM Chassis!!

RC poster
    Heres the list
    Standard 125r full out race bike...profile hubs, Odyssey duralectra rims
    Standard 125r cruiser...sun ryno rims, profile hubs
    Standard 250L Trail bike...odyssey hazzard race rims and hubs
    Standard 250s Park bike... odyssey midway set up
    Standard Mark 4 street bike....odyssey hazzard rims/hubs
    Azonic steelhead MTN bike...hydro pad brakes, azonic trail wheel set, FOX 40 front end.
    I race factory standard, and since living in davenport (home of standard bike company) i switch bikes alot... i dont have all these bikes at the same time, but i change about every couple months. Other then whats listed i ride all the same components...profile euro cranks, standard bars, standard stem, chris king headset, primo seat, standard 36t m3 sprocket.
    And the azonic, i race DH with my brother, hes factory sun ringle' and factory fox. I race NBL in east moline and BMX speedway.
    Last edited by batjerk; 03-30-2006 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Language Violation

RC poster
    I know its an old thread, but I'd a similar question in my mind and found this thread.

Anyway can anyone please tell me some good bmx bikes for sale? Which one should I buy? Need is 2 to 3 hours ride per day?

RC Racer
    What do you like to do? Are you planning on do all around (Flatland, park, dirt jumping, and vert) or trail and street riding? This will help narrow down your choices.
    Back in the 80's when I rode bmx, I liked the ramp bikes better than the flatland. Weight and head angle differences were really noticable. We did however ride quarter and half pipes more than dirt or flatland. I would suggest going to a bike shop and try riding a few to see which feels more comfortable to you.

Going with the old portion of the thread: My hardest trick was a 360 rollback on the vert ramp. (circa: 1987) My favorite all time bike was my GT pro performer, then at the end when I started up a again I really did like mt Hoffman Condor. Least favorite was my GT dyno slammer.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally