RC Qualifier

Gear Ratio chart

I think this is still accurate I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, lol.

72/20 = 3.6:1 ratio
    72/18 = 4:1
    72/16 = 4.5:1 (most torque)
    70/20 = 3.18:1(most top end)
    70/18 = 3.88:1
    70/16 = 4.38:1
    Member #921

Mathematically the numbers are correct, however, I do not know whether those combinations will fit physically because of motor mount limitations. Funny because I mess with gearing on my electrics all the time, but more or less stick with stock gearing on my fuel powered RC's.

I'm sure a dremel rotary tool would cure any limitation in the motor mount adjustability though.....
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

RC Racer

RC Qualifier
    They should fit the stock spur is a 72 tooth and the clutch bell stock is a 20.
    The chart above is spur and clutch bell teeth.
    Member #921

RC Qualifier
    Well, if you take the stock spur/cb ratio of 3.6 and divide the satted overall drive ratios of the T-Maxx you get a Final Drive Ratio of 6.686111 for 1st and 4.563888 for 2nd.
    If I'm understanding this right, the Final Drive Ratio(s) is another way of saying the transmission drive ratios, right?
    One other thing, do the differentials have a ratio also or are they 1:1?
    Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic

RC Qualifier
    The stock diffs are 2.85:1

I used to have a gear ratio chart somewhere, however I have seemed to misplaced it. It took into account all the different gears and did the math for you. I will look for it.

Clicky
    Last edited by Rickz96; 01-28-2006 at 10:37 PM.

RC Competitor
    The clicky chart says my Tmaxx top speed is 34mph in second gear but I am pretty sure my truck is faster then that LOL
    Robert / T-Maxx w/ OS .18TM, 22t Clutch bell, Traxxas tuned blue pipe, Hot Bodies Blue Shocks, Full Blue Roll Cage, HiTec Ultra Torc MG steering Servo, Duratrax Aluminum Bumper Set, Dynmite complete CVD Set, Integy Silver Braces and skid set, GARC Bulks, Blue RPM A-Arms, reworked Integy Aluminum Diffs/ 4-Tec w/ HiTech High Torc Steering Servo, sway bars, Traxxas tuned blue pipe/ Check out:http://www.digitalpump.net

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by Nolaw
    The clicky chart says my Tmaxx top speed is 34mph in second gear but I am pretty sure my truck is faster then that LOL
    You might be surprised.....Did you put in the correct RPM?

RC Qualifier

Really cool !

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz96
    The stock diffs are 2.85:1

I used to have a gear ratio chart somewhere, however I have seemed to misplaced it. It took into account all the different gears and did the math for you. I will look for it.

Clicky

Sorry to bring a old one up but i thought it was great thing to read and try on the clicky
    What can I say.....Dust and Smoke screens Rule !Censorship Advocate ....