RC poster

nitro hawk project

hi all

Just thought i would share my recent project, restoring the much loved (or hated) nitro hawk

I bought this off a popular auction site here in the uk and it was a bargain!

Its my second hawk, the first being the one with black plastics.

This is the advert which as soon as i saw those white plastics, it had to be mine

I completely stripped it and tried to keep some order, that didnt last long...

Prepped for the hydrogen peroxide trick to bring the plastics back which went ok, but not as well as i hoped, typical british summer with little sun!

Everything got stripped and the gears were in great condition thankfully

LOTS of cleaning including removing the anodise from the chassis and polishing and this is where im at so far

I have a trx 15 pro ready to drop along with a 360 stinger that im buying from someone on the forum
    Ive borrowed the shock tower from my other hawk while i wait for the other one to arrive

I doubt it will look quite as tidy as the previous post but certainly enjoying the build

Thanks for looking
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old when we stop playing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It's looking very good! I like the "silver" chassis! Would you be interested in selling the .12 engine?
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC poster
    Certainly a possibility although i never fired it up so dont know its condition. Its currently in bits too as i may need to use the crank.
    As the build progresses i will update once ive cleaned it up and rebuilt it
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old when we stop playing.