Thread: Traxxas Planes

RC Competitor

Question Traxxas Planes

Will Traxxas ever make a plane branch? That would be nice. I rather buy from Traxxas than other places for my planes? Post opinions and anyone who knows anything plz speak up...

Thanks
    "I'm for ethanol, and I think it's a very important partial ingredient of the overall mix of alternative and renewable fuels we ought to commit to." --John F. Kerry

RC Qualifier
    that would be cool wouldn't it. I bet you they would I might just buy one too.
    Don't force it just get a bigger hammer.

RC Competitor
    they have buggies stadium trucks, trucks on and off road, boats. Now they need the 1/8 models, and 1/18 models, big block engines, hovercrafts, and planes...

Iím not Traxxas bashing but it would be nice if they had some more models like the Spirit, more affordable stuff too...
    "I'm for ethanol, and I think it's a very important partial ingredient of the overall mix of alternative and renewable fuels we ought to commit to." --John F. Kerry

RC Competitor
    feed back people...feedback...

thanks

RC Qualifier
    I agree they need more models but the models they have are the better than all other companies trucks and cars, I think they should make a mini-maxx I would buy that, and a new line of on-road cars that run on nitro all with the 2.5r in them.
    Don't force it just get a bigger hammer.

RC Competitor
    yes...

RC Champion
    if traxxas starts making planes, i see the c/s getting many calls along the lines of

"i just bought my son a traxxas plane, and he crashed it into my new car. i would appreciate it if you would fix both the plane, and the large dent in my car....class action law suit....bbb...."

most relilistly, i see traxxas continuning the nitro rtr lines. i don't see them getting into high end 1/8th, or getting into planes.
    My RC's: Faster than yours...

RC Competitor
    how do the other companies do it?

RC Champion
    Originally posted by Al Mac
    how do the other companies do it?
    NitroChicken seems to feel the same way i do...http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ghlight=planes

RC Champion
    Originally posted by superUEmaxx
    NitroChicken seems to feel the same way i do...http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ghlight=planes
    Wouldn't putting a disclaimer on the box take care of that? Something along the lines of:

"Controlling the Remote Controlled Plane is your responsibility. Traxxas assumes no responsibilty for any damages caused to and/or by this product..."

See where I'm going with that? Somewhere along the line I see Traxxas taking flight (No pun intended). But just not yet.
    -Hobby

RC Champion
    fwiw, think about how traxxas targets for their cars. rtr, ez-start, now the tires even come pre-glued...

they could put all the disclamers they want(i'm sure they have a great team of lawyers), they're still going to get a billion calls about quality/breaking parts/crashing...

RC Qualifier
    I don't believe Traxxas will get into the flying branch of RC either,buy i do believe they will come out with a 1/18th fairly soon(i hope!!)They are becoming very popular and are great fun.
    To upgrade or not to upgrade,is that even a question?