Thread: Rustler Bodies

RC Racer

Rustler Bodies

Just bought a rustler off of ebay and there is no wing . is there a place to buy a new one .

RC Champion
    do you mean a bandit.
    "bah weep granah weep nini bong"

RC Racer
    it's a rustler rtr1/10. all stock same as the one from tower hobbies

RC Qualifier
    I have never seen just the stock wing anywhere.

A quick scan of replacement parts for the rusty has not yielded any positive results either. perhaps if you dont hvae to have a s tock one you could try one from another company.

I will see what I can dig up.

AJ
    When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Can not the kingdom of salvation, take me home?

RC Racer
    i was checking out tower , but was unsure if another model other than traxxas would work . this my first truck

RC Champion
    if you find one post a pic ive never seen a stock rustler wing.

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by davelowe
    i was checking out tower , but was unsure if another model other than traxxas would work . this my first truck

Well u can use alot of non traxxas parts on our trucks. Just depends on what your looking for.

Now as far as the wing you can look at associated or BRP wings on tower. Come in all different shapes and sizes, and some can be custom cut to achieve that certail look you find desirable

Or you could go all out ant use a touring car wing or a buggy wing, although it may look a little wierd since it wont be to scale

But then again those things are better decided by your own personal preference.

Just go to tower and type in "spoilers" and it should bring up pretty much everything they have.

Hope this helps a little and welcome to the great world of Traxxas R/C

AJ
    When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Can not the kingdom of salvation, take me home?

RC Qualifier
    luis

He is refering to the "lip" on the back of a rusty body.

Wing might not have been the "exact" term to use, but I understood what he menat.

So basically he was talking about the lip or the spoiler.

AJ

RC Racer
    thank you all for all yor help and cant wait to get out there and tear it up. Thanks Dave

RC Champion
    Originally posted by onesicsaturn
    luis

He is refering to the "lip" on the back of a rusty body.

Wing might not have been the "exact" term to use, but I understood what he menat.

So basically he was talking about the lip or the spoiler.

AJ
    i knew that,

RC Racer
    any 1/10 th scale spoiler will work ,right. does it really matter if there is a spoiler

RC Champion
    he means this:

"wings" like that are actually molded into the same sheet of plastic as the body at the factory, and then you cut them apart when painting. so i you want that spoiler, you'll have to buy the whole body.

for an example of how it looks molded with an unpainted body, look at the Nitro rustler body. See at the back, where its longer than the rest of the body? thats the part you cut out to use as the wing. (i would have shown you the e-rustler body, but the photo is terrible.)
    Last edited by rustlerbum; 11-08-2005 at 05:31 PM.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." - Dave Barry

RC Racer
    but an aftermarket spoiler will work?

RC Champion
    but an aftermarket spoiler will work?
    well, sort of.

nobody makes a spoiler like that separate from a complete body. what people are talking about is a bandit-style wing, which you can buy separately. wing

Edit: Now that i look at the measurements of the bandit wing, you may be able to hack it up into a reasonable approximation of the rustler spoiler.
    Last edited by rustlerbum; 11-08-2005 at 05:39 PM.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." - Dave Barry

RC Racer
    how important is it to have a spoiler? If i'm not racing

RC Racer

RC Racer

RC Racer
    since i'm not going to race that brings me to my other post "BEST SET UP" HELP PLEASE

RC Champion
    o.k welcome to traxxas and i drive without a spoiler and i'm planing on racing. I personaly don't think the spoiler makes munch of a difference because i would super glue it on and then i would just end up braking it off of my truck. if you want a wing i don't see why you would need it other than for looks.
    -CB
    If you can't convince them confuse them

Originally posted by rustlerbum
    he means this:
    You can make something like that with a slice of a plastic Jif peanut butter jar. Yes, it has to be Jif. The reason why was made clear in a post I made about a year ago:
    Originally posted by razer
    Everybody knows that shiny parts make things go faster. There are a few quantum physics equations which would explain it, but some of the symbols don't work in the forum font. Here are some other important facts that you should know:

1- Flame decals make things go faster.
    2- Lightning decals make things go faster.
    3- Jif is the best peanut butter.
    4- Twinkies are the ultimate food.
    Also, please read the FAQ thread at the top of the forum and when you think of something to add a few minutes after you post, you can click the edit button & add it to the same post instead of making 4 posts in a row only a few minutes apart.
    There is no chicken knife. Eat steak.

how important is it to have a spoiler? If i'm not racing
    honestly a wing will make no difference to the rustler. If you're a high speed street car like the traxxas nitro 4-tec it would make a differnence. Its like real cars. a mustang's wing makes no difference untill i think either 97mph or 103mph. A wing on the rustler is just looks. like putting wings on dodge neons or just your run of the mill vehicle. Stuff like high horsepower suped up mustangs corvettes and stuff like that need wings at high speeds or they'll road walk. Where they start to lift off the ground just enough to look likes its hovering by sliding back and forth sideways. so the wing on a rustler is just for looks.

-osu

RC Racer
    thanks everyone for all your help