Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

Difference between T-Maxx 3.3 and Revo 3.3

I'm new to the RC world, and I was sucked in by the T-Maxx, but then I read some of the articles on the Revo, and they both seem pretty awesome. But they both seem pretty much the same. So what I was wondering, what is the difference between the two?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RD Racing
    Ready for action this weekend. New paint and body from Majestic!
    Very nice what body is that I can not tell good paint job too.

The revo has a better suspendsion setup then the maxx and is a better racing truck, other people will add more to what I said.

I have a few questions:

1. Think 40 series Wabash with crime fighters are to heavy for a 3.3 ( dont know gearing yet )
    2. What pipe would fit the 3.3 the best I was thinking trinity but I dont know I have the trinity Stock and Resinator if I use the Resinator can I use the Trinity BB Header or will that affect the whole 20% gain and all(single camber)

What can I do to save the most wieght I wiegh 7lbs and exactly 13 onces with out motor and fuel and I m using the tekno mounts so I can put the HPI tank on my revo to get the little extra drive time on the track I m using 40 series wabash and they were installed when tested. I use dace adapters(sorry RD I got them for 10$ all 4 and a RD! starter box for 16$ with a working battery ask 18T Turbo or Nitrobasher they will tell ya)

Also is the vintage chassis worth it and how durable is it? Thanks, JJ
    Last edited by hoovdog; 08-30-2007 at 10:50 AM.
    YGR: JJ [URL="freewebs.com/younggunzracing"]freewebs.com/younggunzracing[/URL]

RC Qualifier
    It's a Majestic body.

http://majesticrc.com/
    Can't win if you don't finish!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks just bought one.

RC Champion
    I like crimefighters on rpm 1/2 offsets, proline just came out with the bowties in Mts so I will probably end up with a set. I like the mt's for the weight and cornering. I keep 3-5 sets with me at the track for different conditions, soft foams med foams and hard foams usaully Cfs and panthers. On the Boas I trim them down and take the outside bead off at put them on Mts. I like the open wheel set, I can get 2 my axle carries alot easier, but look at slaydens and he drills holes in his fronts so he can get 2 his
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast

Difference between Revo 3.3 and T-Maxx 3.3

Anybody else?

RC Enthusiast
    crime fighters on proline white dish wheels...standard size and hex.

RC Champion
    c boa's on 17mm and ofna rims

RC Qualifier
    The diffrence is the suspendsion and handling the TMAXX is alot old then the REVO that is about it HIGH SPEED NITRO

C Compound Pythons on narrowed Wabash wheels. I run that setup everywhere. Indoor clay, outdoor loamy, everywhere.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RD Racing
    C Compound Pythons on narrowed Wabash wheels. I run that setup everywhere. Indoor clay, outdoor loamy, everywhere.
    Roy,
    how much do you narrow the wheels? What inserts?

Hey lextek,

Narrowed on the inside, cut up to the inner glue channel, leaving the channel on. So about 1/4" narrowed. Stock grey Python foams last forever. I run green molded, but only rarely, and probably not with C compound.

RC Qualifier
    thanks buddy!

RC Racer
    Hey guys, i wanted to get ahead of the situation of having a center diff and not knowing what to have in it.... so i wanted to ask the racers here, what diff weight fluid is good for what kind of track???? Thanks in advance
    Out of my way !!!!!!!

RC Racer
    What pipe are most races using with the 33?
    Thanks for the info.

RC Qualifier
    3.3 I use the trinity pipe

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by lextek
    Roy,
    how much do you narrow the wheels? What inserts?
    try this http://misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lane/cu...cut-wheels.asp
    jeremie

RC Competitor
    how about maxx size 23mm dishes narrowed with crimefighters. check the size difference between them and traxxas hurricanes and response tires

for more info check this link out
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...narrowed+c%2Ff

Rb
    Os 18 Tm Racer

RC Champion
    I'm running the stock pipe with the stinger bored.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Champion
    ths exhaust with 33% top fuel.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Michowski
    ths exhaust with 33% top fuel.
    Does that pipe have an adjustable coupler?

RC Qualifier
    Is Tony not racing the Revo this year? I see him over at rctech, but never here.

RC Competitor
    Has anyone had issues with the pro-line 23mm nuts coming loose?
    Revo comin through....

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jneff28
    Has anyone had issues with the pro-line 23mm nuts coming loose?
    touch wood they haven't come loose for me yet i dontuse loctice just tightnen then right up however i have snapped a few steel stubs since using them
    TRX3.3, ms airfilter, foc, 2.5r pullstart, wabash, bowties, 23mm proline adapters, bluebird 620mg servo, Bluebird 630mg servo, Spectrum

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Fieryone
    Does that pipe have an adjustable coupler?
    The ths pipe uses the 3 springs to hold the header to the pipe just like 1/8th scale pipes. I like this pipe a lot. Compared to the stock pipe it gave an all around power gain. But it also isnt so loud like the trinity. I highly recommend the either traxxas exhausts's or the THS.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by smokedsalm0nkid
    touch wood they haven't come loose for me yet i dontuse loctice just tightnen then right up however i have snapped a few steel stubs since using them
    Im running 17mm rims on my revo. I got ofna adapters and so far its been flawless. I like the 17 because its a lot beefier and stronger then 14mm but its also smaller then the 23 and lighter so its not like its adding a lot of stress on the driveline. Its the best of both worlds IMO

RC Enthusiast
    : Hey michowski what wheels are you running with 17mm hex? I have been thinking of doing that. I am running stock chassis with swept back arms in 19mm postion. The only wheels i could find would make my truck a lot wider and i was afraid it mignt have a negative effect on handling. This is my first year in racing and i hate to change too much on my truck cause it seems like i get a little better every race.
    My Revo 4 now/os18tz/Majestic body/KOPRO/Proline.

RC Champion
    right now im running the ttr rims. Any 17mm rim will work tho from what I see. Ive used savage rims, crt rims, and now ttr rims. They all worked with no trouble at all.

RC Qualifier
    The only problem I have with the 17MM hexes made by OFNA is if they break it takes forever to get them off.

RC Champion
    how would they break? And its only a set screw and pin holding it on so I dont see how it would be hard

I finally finished my 3.3 Revo this weekend:

RC Racer
    Wow that thing looks amazing!!!!

I am looking to get some new race tires, should I get the CF MT or BT MT and should I get the std or 1/2 offset rims? Any pros or cons for either? Thanks!

RC Champion
    Looks great is that the HPI tank? How are you filling it? I use it and put it on backwards and cut the back out so I can get to it with the strap coming up the thru the roof. Do you have any pics with your lid on? Expecially the tank side.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

Atmo,

Chris at Majestic painted me up a new one. I will get it mounted up and cut out tonight and I'll shoot some pictures. It will be like my old one where the pull comes through the rear window.

Chris
    Last edited by JohnnyRingo; 05-15-2006 at 04:46 PM.

RC poster
    hey well do you think the Savage SS tires and and ofna wheels with 17 mm hexs will work fine on the revo 3.3

Tires
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYM9&P=Z

Wheels
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCWF1&P=Z

RC Enthusiast

Racing revo!

Hey guys not wanting to change he subject but i just got my new issue of R/C car mag. On page 92 there is a pic of slayden's revo from the silver state nitro challenge and it looks very wide. I heard that the traxxas racers at the RC pro series race in lousiana we're running some kind of extended pivot ball suspension. I was wondering if steve would show us some pics of his truck?
    My Revo 4 now/os18tz/Majestic body/KOPRO/Proline.

RC Champion
    Johny it's looking sweet! I just finished mine as well. Nice carbon fiber and black scheme
    Racer E-Revo, Nitro Revo, aluminum BL pede, T-maxx

Arkansas mine was stock width at the Bossier race. Not sure if Steve was running anything special.

Shivers

RC Champion
    Motrain
    It depends on what you like and driving style. I like the Mts they give me more steering. I run the Cfs with offset and either PL firms or panther greens. Traxxas is suppose to release the 2 stage foams they sale with the sport maxx tire without having to buy the tires. They come out of the bag pre grooved on the sides so you don't have to shave them. there mid soft and i have heard the Traxxas guys are using them with there set-up. If you are new to racing the 40 series will hold better when you go to the wood and will help on throttle control but you loose some turning. You can take Mt tires and stretch them over 40 series wheels with some trimming and they look like the dial. I haven't done this yet but I'm sure I will. If you go with the 23mm I would suggest you get some after market axle carriers with the bigger bearing. i hope this helps
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Competitor
    Wow--that shivers revo is making me want to go out and get another--a 3.3. How is that for marketing!!! If Slayden puts pics of his on here its all over!!!! I may have to go the the LHS and try to wheel and deal!
    Revo comin through....