Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    untill the carb opens up all the way when you hammer it and so it sits closed when its idling.

RC Enthusiast
    hi, ive been into MT racing for a year now and im really hooked, i know the basic setup stuff but would like to be able to dial in my revo even more. my question is about bump steer, when should i be looking into setting up bumpsteer? and what are the advantages of it?
    Also what would you recommend for 'all round' diff oils as i find it quite confusing, some recommend heavier up front and lighter rear and others recommend the opposite.
    Thanks.

RC Champion
    for diff oil you do want heavier up front and lighter in the back. Best combo i found was 30k up front, and 10k in the rear.

What this does is slows the diff in the front and makes it more like a single driveshaft. This will help you because the front end will now be pulling the truck through the turn.

10k in the rear makes it more loose and act as a differential more then 30k does and that means say you have to much traction and a rear wheel comes off the ground? With the 10k in the rear more power will be given to the tire off the ground and that will really help keep the truck on all 4 tires and allow the rear end to push the truck through the turn.

The front wheels will almost never leave the ground while turning so thicker up frotn will really help get the truck through the turns faster.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, how much would you recommend filling the diffs?

Fill them up all the way.

RC Champion
    yup fill them all the way up.

RC Competitor
    Has anybodu here ran at Thunder Alley in SoCal? That is my home track. I havent ran my revo on it yet, but I was wondering what your setup is on it.

Heres the link to the track. It is a realy nice track. Very technical. Very fun...

http://thunderalleyrc.com/

My Revo is almost ready to race and have some fun.
    My revo... RB 323, RPM Arms, OFNA airfilter, Dubro final fuelfilter, HPI Savage .21 rims/tires, Spektrum DX3, Cut radio and servo boxs, Hot Bodies Roto-Start, Traxxas Tubes front, Lunsford Pushrods rear, Proline Cheavy Body, 35 wt. shock oil, tan springs fr. gold springs rr., P2 rockers... More to come when $$$ comes...

I plan on going there this season for a couple big races. I'll let you know when I'm going.

RC Competitor
    I am going to get some crime fighters. Maxx size. I heard they are the good setup.
    My revo... RB 323, RPM Arms, OFNA airfilter, Dubro final fuelfilter, HPI Savage .21 rims/tires, Spektrum DX3, Cut radio and servo boxs, Hot Bodies Roto-Start, Traxxas Tubes front, Lunsford Pushrods rear, Proline Cheavy Body, 35 wt. shock oil, tan springs fr. gold springs rr., P2 rockers... More to come when $$$ comes...

RC Qualifier
    Those and Boas on Maxx wheels are a very hot set-up. I've been running Boas for sometime now, they are narrow, have great sidebite and forward bite, and they fit my driving style. Boas and Crimefighters are going to be Very similar, both suit an aggressive driving style for me.

*Don't use the crimefighter stock foams, as they will become flat in no time, I recommend the Racers Edge dual stage foams, I've been using these forever, and they are great!

-Caleb

Banned by Warnings
    A saw those foams and plant to get some for my 40's when I order my fighters and wabash. How well do they work?

RC Champion
    I hope they work exceptionally well....they certainly aren't cheap

RC Qualifier
    They work very well, I've been very pleased with mine.
    The feel has yet to change meaning there staying true to there form.

No there not cheap, but worth it when racing.

After reading all of the racing threads, Im actually going to post once Alot of great info I learned from these racing threads. I guess i'll post up some pics of my revo
    Side Shot

Crime Fighters on Dish wheels

DX3 along with Telemetry

Front shot no body

Im awaiting to get my engine back

What do you guys think?

Get some spinner lugs for those wheels. The 40 series velocity wheels crack in the center. I've cracked two of them and they've flown right off during a race. The center of the wheel was still on the axle, it broke off. Almost everyone always breaks the center hex area on those wheels.

Use the spinner lugs from the pro-line 40 series spinner kit. These prevent the center hex's from cracking because they cover the entire center and all the pressure is focused on a bigger surface area.

Thanks for the heads up OBM

RC Champion
    Nice truck, 18t!

What are you having done to your RB?

RC Qualifier
    Well, heres my Revo Racer.

I adjusted the rear toe/caster angle cause it was off... The body is color change paint, just impossible to get a picture of.
    I run a starterbox-able RB323, And i love every minute of it when i lift the front end up at the middle of a 100' straight hittin second.
    Less Slow, More Go!

Originally posted by Goinbroke4RC
    Nice truck, 18t!

What are you having done to your RB?
    Porting it, lol jk. Naw, the car was cracked when i recieved it, so they are replacing it for free, I had to send the motor out.

RC Champion
    What tools do you guys use to measure and change your toe and castor?

I've heard some talk abou cutting the stock clutch shoes? Any more info on this?
    Racer E-Revo, Nitro Revo, aluminum BL pede, T-maxx

RC Racer
    Nice revo ian...what wheels and tires are you runnin...

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by TEX
    Nice revo ian...what wheels and tires are you runnin...
    Thanks tex, Im running Wabash / responses.
    Less Slow, More Go!

RC Competitor
    wow some of those cars on here look awesome, mine is new at Christmas so all I've hopped up is the front and rear guards, which I have the silver Integy ones.

I've just come back from the local park after having my first session on a BMX track, maaaan I have done some sick jumps at WOT, most amusing seeing it cartwheel across the grass when you get it wrong.

I also took it on a steel quartepipe, which was funny as there's no grip (it must be 3 degrees outside here) but I still got some great air, once I nearly flew over the backplate of the pipe, must have got 8 feet above the top of the ramp. Chucked it off the side of the pipe by accident aswell a few times, but it seemed fine on the final high speed runs I did.

When I got it home though, the bottom front left wishbone has the rear part of the wishbone snapped, but that's all (apart from trashing the body and loosing 300 million body clips.) ... oooh, snaped the + terminal off the 380 motor for the easistart thingy aswell. In total, the repairs will cost me five pounds, so well worth it. Well done traxxas for making such a tough car. My mate who owns a Savage was watching, and kept wincing when I crashed it, and was amazed nothing broke ... I think he's off to buy a T-Maxx now!

I had a boxer dog chasing it for 2 tanks aswell .... that dog will sleep well tonight!
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 02-07-2006 at 02:21 PM.
    Ladies and gentlemen take my advice,
    pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

RC Competitor
    I have been to a different BMX track this weekend, a tarmac one ...

It was really good, got some great air off the bumps, even had some little kids following me around and lying down by the jumps and shouting "jump me next!" ... well funny.

Some of the banked corners made excellent jumps for getting some decent length - I jumped them sideways so I had a grass landing.

Unfortunately it was muddier than I would have liked, so I only stayed for one tank. The quarter pipe was tiny aswell, I could easy jump the backplate.

This weekend sees the first race, my mate has bought a savage and reckon's it's ... unlucky! He went out last weekend (at a stupid time in the morning) and the motor came loose and striped his spur gear, so he spent sunday re-cutting it. Well, he will buy HPI ....

My brother is lending me his videocamera so I'll post some URL's when I get some good footage. I fancy making a ramp off the top of my garage
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 02-07-2006 at 02:18 PM.

RC poster
    Hello mate ,

Which bmx tracks have ya been going to ,

A few of us will be out most weekends when the weather gets a bit better,
    We're all from around the Manchester area and are always on the look out for new places to go,

We're off up to Preston soon to www.nnrc.co.uk

They hold race and bash meets

Cooky
    Revo RB323 ,X1-CRT Sirio.27,Xb8r LRP.28

RC Champion
    hi i have cut the stock battery box down, i have the tekno servo mount, red pushrods. i'm getting lunsford hinge pins and turnbluckles, i was thinking about getting these http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHWH0&P=7
    but i don't know where they go, is that only if you have 2 servo steering? if not what part do they replace? what else should i get? by the way i don't want to get really expensive items right now. like a vantage chassis, new engine, i want to lighten it. does anyone use these? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSP32&P=7 i have heard that they snap. thanks you.
    REVO: red pushrods, p2 rockers, trinity aluminum shock mounts, motor saver, 40 mm flywheel, S3305 steering and throttle, aluminum rocker posts, ofna/proline wing setup, panthers on geminis, foc, lundsford turnbuckles/ hingepins, mip pivot balls. smaxx: O.S 18 CV-RX, Blue Traxxas Pipe, flm chassis

RC Champion
    The titanium turnbuckles go on your steering linkage. The part that connects the servo horn to the servo saver. You can use them if you have 1 or 2 steering servos. I have used the traxxas hardcoated pivot balls, but I broke one and bought lunsford.
    Got nitro?

RC Competitor
    Originally posted by c8oky
    Hello mate ,

Which bmx tracks have ya been going to ,

A few of us will be out most weekends when the weather gets a bit better,
    We're all from around the Manchester area and are always on the look out for new places to go,

We're off up to Preston soon to www.nnrc.co.uk

They hold race and bash meets

Cooky

Hi mate

Me and my mate go out to the parks in Macclesfield where we live, they're very open minded about people using the parks so there's never any grief, most people stop to watch while they walk the dog/kids.

Just got back from another session, my mate had his savage out.

We were both evenly matched on speed and acceleration (I run mine rich) but he thrashed me for grip on the steel quarter pipe - mine just wheelspins, but his gets sooooo much grip ... am gonna have to get some Savage type tyres, they were very impressive (I run standard revo tyres ATM)

I did have a blip though, we were racing across the fields, WOT for a good while, and I just lost power, to about 1/3. The engine was smoking a bit aswell, but I reckon it was just too hot as it was fine after a minute or so.

The only damage this week was the loss of the plastic thingy on top of the head, which holds the glowplug lead down. I have trashed the body though, it won't clip on at the back now, so just the front holds it on LOL. I use a single clip on the front that goes through both pegs, and bend it at one end ... works mint.

I'm off on ebay now to buy a new body, mounts, and a 'kin roll cage!

RC poster
    Originally posted by MancRevo

Just got back from another session, my mate had his savage out.

errr savage , lol .

Sounds like a good day , we'll all have to meet up when it gets a bit warmer ,
    Revo RB323 ,X1-CRT Sirio.27,Xb8r LRP.28

RC Competitor
    Originally posted by c8oky

errr savage , lol .

Sounds like a good day , we'll all have to meet up when it gets a bit warmer ,
    indeedie, but you could always come out soon and wear a coat LOL.

I got those head protectors on ebay for 4.99 for 2

Roll cages seem faaaaar to expensive, so I'm going to get a body and posts now

where abouts in manchester are you?

RC Racer
    Wondering if Slayden has raced or tested the new 3.3 Revo or the 3.3 in his old Revo? Is it as good as it loks like it's gonna be?

RC Competitor
    I've been out today again, Sundays seem to be fine for weather right now.

My mate with his savage spent the whole 2 hours trying to get it to run, went through 3 nicads (for his starter) and it was running rubbish LOL. why buy hpi?

Another lad turned up we'd not met before, he had an MGT or something, it was very tough apart from the rear ball joint kept popping off, but it never broke. He said it always does it, and he's not spent on it for a whole year! nice.

We were doing some WOT jumps, flat out in second, and it was jumping well far. I have the suspension at full height which seems much better, but you have to be careful cornering. Much better for jumping and flying about at speed though.

Right at the end of the session I smashed it sideways into a kerb, which has cost me 18 in bits - suspension arms top and bottom, axle carrier, push rod (bent like a banana) and body stand (front).

I get the parts from a top guy on ebay ... skaa63 ... he's in GB.

All in all a good day, especially laughing at the Savage.

Some girls even came over and said how cool it was, and could they have a go .... they liked the Revo aswell

RC Enthusiast
    Possibly the ultimate Shock for race Revo ?

RC Competitor
    no breakages this weekend thank god!

The savage lad still couldn't get his running how he wanted it (ie quicker than mine LOL) and he got a bit overkeen on a jump and pulled the screws holding his roll cage in out of the chassis! LOL

My glowplug expired, so I used an old one of his ... must be why the quickstart thing didn't start it - had to use one of his normal glowplug tools first off, but TBH I don't rate that quickstart for heating the glow plug sufficiently, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I did buy a new battery pack for the receiver, as it only lasts a couple of hours, and a 5 pack of glow plugs, plus some TMaxx wheels and tyres as the standard revo ones seem rubbish on anything apart from grass and mud

Still not bought a new shell, my original is covered with Porsche wiring loom tape which seems to do the job (it's made by Tessa) and I'm using the long body clips that go through both posts at once ... they never come out.

I also had great fun doughnutting the Revo on the steel quarterpipe which still had loads of snow on it, loads of spray.

RC Champion
    Do you racers recommend standard or 1/2" offset wheels? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
    Got nitro?

RC poster
    I was wondering if anyone knew where there is a track around Sacramento/ San Fransico area so I can race my revo. Could anyone help me?

RC Champion
    Originally posted by 4xAdict
    Possibly the ultimate Shock for race Revo ?
    i want to know too.
    REVO: red pushrods, p2 rockers, trinity aluminum shock mounts, motor saver, 40 mm flywheel, S3305 steering and throttle, aluminum rocker posts, ofna/proline wing setup, panthers on geminis, foc, lundsford turnbuckles/ hingepins, mip pivot balls. smaxx: O.S 18 CV-RX, Blue Traxxas Pipe, flm chassis

RC poster
    Planning to get a new motor soon...

Narrowed it down to a EDMod os.18(maybe TNTmods) or the Trinity "Drake" edition motor. Don't how good Trinity engines are. Any thoughts?

If I end up getting the .20 drake will I be able to stay in the stock class or be force to go to unlimted class.

Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Originally posted by lexus4spl
    Planning to get a new motor soon...

Narrowed it down to a EDMod os.18(maybe TNTmods) or the Trinity "Drake" edition motor. Don't how good Trinity engines are. Any thoughts?

If I end up getting the .20 drake will I be able to stay in the stock class or be force to go to unlimted class.

Thanks
    Try a 3.3 you may be suprised.

3.3 engine all the way!