Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    I would like to see pics also. Sway bars would be a great mod or upgrade to have. Hopefully Traxxas will produce it for eveyone. I e-mailed them sometime back and asked if they could/or were going to offer a sway bar set up for the Revo. There reply was wait and see keep checking the Traxxas web site you will not be disappointed. Hope it is sooner than later.
    Revo 3.3
    Revo 2.5R x2
    1/8 Truggy

redman, it is called Tri-Flow, or you can use White Lightning, either one can be found at a bicycle shop.

So how's everything going with you Greg?

RC Competitor
    I was running around the track yesterday with Mike Battaile and he said that he and Steve were heading out today to Illinois for a Championship race that starts on Tuesday. So.....that means Steve will not be around for me to get some pictures of his sway bars....

Hopefully I'll get a chance sometime soon in the future if he comes around. If I see anyone else out our track with some sway bars, I'll get some pictures.

- bspate -
    Racing Revo with some racing stuff....

RC Racer
    slaydaddy do you race out at speed rc on the weekends or practice there??

i was just asking cause we go there quit often.
    Revo, Jato, Kyosho 777sp2.

RC Competitor
    sup clay?
    i will be at speedrc sunday. hope to see you and your son there.
    later,
    brian

RC Qualifier
    I'll be at the Pro Series finals... I'll try to get some pictures
    RC Pro Series Northeast 94m
    Sponsors: Eclipse RC - eclipserc.com
    Racing Photos: http://www.photos.mcoers.com/

RC Qualifier
    That would be great if you can take pics and post them. See if you can find out if this is still in the R&D stage and maybe info about production date, part#, price. Thank you.
    Revo 3.3
    Revo 2.5R x2
    1/8 Truggy

RC Competitor
    Roy, our local indoor closed, heading north for some races, may see you at Peel It this winter. If not see you in March.

RC Competitor
    Oh, also Roy, are you still running the motor that Craig did in Clarkston???

Yes, I am still running the 3.3 that Craig did some minor crank work on. It has over 4 gallons on it. I ran it at the Nats and at the Mapston race.

RC Racer
    He is off to the RCPS finals in rockford,IL I bet. That is this upcoming weekend.
    I'm back! =)
    Drews garage:
    Mugen MBX-5T

RC Qualifier
    actually it starts tomorow the 7th and ends the 12th
    more info can be found here http://www.rcprosites.com/

RC Qualifier
    Joe Racer, yes, the 3.3 is a small block or small displacement. I raced the TZ ans TM engines before the 3.3 came out. Now, all I run are 3.3's.

alex, yes, I change my toe settings probably the most, then my camber, and my caster not as often. I usually keep 4 clips up front. After modding the front to accept 5 clips, I bounce between 4 and 5 up front depending on track conditions.

bspate, In the earlier days of the Revo (before the center diff) I had thought of mounting up some sway bars, but felt that the truck would be a little too sketchy with the solid center shaft and short wheelbase, so I never really got around to making it happen. Now that the truck is bigger and has an available center diff, a sway bar should work pretty good without making the truck twitchy.

I hadn't thought of bars again though until Tim Roberts and I started discussing a way to mount them. He got got his done first, and tried them out with good results, so I made some for my truck. They keep the truck flatter in the corners and improves overall corner speed. As far as them being an accessory, not sure if they are working on it. The ones we made were our own personal projects to see if there was a benefit, and if they were worth using, and so far they have been working well.

claytm, yes, I do go there from time to time. I will probably be there more once the season is over. Come by and say hi.

RC Champion

offset wheels

for an all out race revo, any opinions on running a zero (factory) offset wheel vs. a 1/2 inch(for example) wheel. i've had success with pythons on traxxas hurricanes but am just wondering. picked up proline boetie MTR's and am considering offsets........thanks..........

RC Qualifier
    i run kyosho wheels w/ 17mm adapters. i trimmed the inner bead off the wheel and mounted the tires like that. love em and they dont rub. i think the offset wheels put too much stress on the axel carriers and cause the to break. i have also trimmed proline velocity wheels just the same too!!
    SLASH
    Team Bad Boy Racing
    www.crcrc.com

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by alexrckid
    for an all out race revo, any opinions on running a zero (factory) offset wheel vs. a 1/2 inch(for example) wheel. i've had success with pythons on traxxas hurricanes but am just wondering. picked up proline boetie MTR's and am considering offsets........thanks..........
    I am running the 1/2 in. offset 23mm 40 series wheel and it is just OK......not really great. I just bought some wabash wheels which dont have as much offset, but I haven't mounted them yet.

The offset wheels may provide more stability on landings and the real rough stuff, but it doesn't provide as much steering and control when on the throttle. I'm also running the 2.5 chassis, so that doesn't help as much either.

For racing, I would suggest just running the zero offset wheels on the Pythons.

- bspate -

RC Champion
    I run pythons on velocity 1/2 offsets
    Bow Ties mt velocitys 1/2 offset
    GRP truggy wabash

Bigger tracks I like the offsets smaller tighter tracks I like the 0 offset

RC Champion
    great info, everyone...thanks...

RC Racer
    http://www.chitownrc.com/showthread.php?t=4771&page=7

Picture of the RCPS finals track in Rockford,IL where steve and mike will be. I guess practice started today.

Scroll down about half way to see the picture. Its 800x600 so I could not post it on here.
    Last edited by Casketman27; 11-08-2006 at 04:59 PM.
    I'm back! =)
    Drews garage:
    Mugen MBX-5T

RC Qualifier
    That is a nice looking track. So smooth, so clean, so open.

Any pics of the sway bars?
    Revo 3.3
    Revo 2.5R x2
    1/8 Truggy

RC Qualifier
    no go on the pics.. didn't want any taken of it

and its not all that smooth

RC Competitor
    If you go to the original Revo Racing Thread, then go to page 38 you will see what Tony (Tornado_Racing) did to mount a sway bar on the front of his Revo. Very Clean.

Jack
    Cogito Ergo Zoom. I Think, Therefore, I Drive Fast.

RC Qualifier
    ALL THE WAY
    Thanks for the effort on the pics. It looks smooth in the pic. How did everyone do? Was it an ok track to race on? Looks 1000 times better than what I race on. I would like to run on a track of this caliber. I live in Havelock/Cherry Point(MCAS) area in easter North Carolina(on the east coast) and as far as I know the Farm2 is the closest pro track to me and it is about 5-6hrs away.

Joe Racer
    Thanks for the info.
    Revo 3.3
    Revo 2.5R x2
    1/8 Truggy

The Top 3 qualifiers in Monster Truck at the RC Pro Finals are:

TQ - Mike Bataille - Team Traxxas
    2nd - Steve Slayden - Team Traxxas
    3rd - Tim Roberts - Team Traxxas

If I hear any more I will post.

Go Team Traxxas! I wish I was there with you guys.
    Last edited by IAMI; 11-10-2006 at 06:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    WTG Team traxxas ! dang wish i would have gone !

I guess they only going to Radio Broadcast the Buggy and Truggy "a" mains live tomorrow that sucks i was hoping to at least Hear the MT :A" main too .

RC Racer
    Our local guy Tex has bumped all the way up to the B main if I remember right with his 3.3

But the MT class is going the way of the horse and buggy in our area. Everyone is jumping up to AT(truggy).

Here's one of Tex (gabe) flying his Revo through the air last night after bumping 2 times up into the C-Main. Gabe took first in this race and bumped to the B-Main which will run on Saturday.
    Go Tex!

RC Qualifier
    I would think that after this Event In Your area. You should get a pretty good influx of New Racers ? If So , I would bet a large percent will choose a MT over a buggy or truggy as they enter the RC realm ? Time will tell I am very interested to see how many people show up to watch today. get some video posted somewhere when you can.. MT class perferred. if possible .i can wait to see the other classes later

RC Qualifier
    some pics here.. http://www.photos.mcoers.com/main.ph...g2_itemId=2547
    I'm gonna get some more today

RC Racer
    Well our guy Tex has already said he is moving up. And there are a few others that have said the same. It is my feeling that in order for MT to get another boost in the arm to keep going. We need another new truck on the market.
    I'm back! =)
    Drews garage:
    Mugen MBX-5T

Big congrats to Tim Roberts for winning the RC Pro Monster Truck National Championship and for his win today at the Finals.

Also congrats to JJ Turk and Steve Slayden for placing 2nd and 3rd in the National Championship!

Great job guys!

RC Qualifier
    so....any pic's of the swaybar setup????????????

RC Racer
    Where can one find coverage of the event as well as race results? Link?

RC poster
    Slaydaddy,
    Thanks for your help this past weekend in Rockford. Hayden (the Little Yellow Revo) and I had a blast and look forward to racing with you this next season too. thank you. Wormy1965

RC Racer
    I asked one of our locals to get a picture and he told me that he was told no as for taking any pictures of the sway bar. Or maybe he was going to take a picture of the whole truck. Not sure,I was not there.
    I'm back! =)
    Drews garage:
    Mugen MBX-5T

RC Qualifier
    lowblktaco : u can still listen to the wed practice interviews etc and 2 plus hrs of live racing and interviews from saturday Mains(buggy and truggy "a"s) at www.racetalklive.com in the archive section.. they only keep last 2 shows archived so they wont be there long.

wont hear much on The Monster drivers or racing though i sure it was just a oversight,

RC Champion
    If there not allowing any pics then these are prototypes and there looking to go to production with one.

RC Qualifier
    lol, I wouldn't jump the gun. You never know when you may be dissapointed.

The bars are not protos, just something that I've been wanting to put on the truck (like the side exhaust & 145cc tank). Just recently got around to doing it.

RC Champion
    Are you running in the TurkeyLeg and if so can I get a look at it?

I think we are going to run at speed racers/speedrc saturdaynight and then the JCC sunday. It looks like around 10 or so are heading down for the weekend.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by atmo
    Are you running in the TurkeyLeg and if so can I get a look at it?

I think we are going to run at speed racers/speedrc saturdaynight and then the JCC sunday. It looks like around 10 or so are heading down for the weekend.
    I was talking to Mike Battaile a few hours ago up at the Johnny Cool Guy shop and he said that Steve and Tim will be racing the Turkey Leg this Sunday. (Steve, Tim, and Mike racing each other....I can't wait to see it in person!!) I also got a chance to look at both of their trucks again since they were sitting in the shop. The sway bar setup is still cool looking......and I would like to have it even if it didn't help me drive any better.

They have some tricked out Revo's!!!!

- bspate -

RC Enthusiast
    i have a set of swaybars on my truck now to and there is a much easier way to do this then yall are all making it out to be. Watchout next year slayden.