Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Revo 2.5 /w 3.3 engine, TiAno shocks, z650m, Pythons, Lunsford, Mugen filter

RC Qualifier
    Atmo, I atually ran the 5-clip caster mod at the nats this last weekend and really liked it. It provided very smooth high-speed corner entrance, and a little extra turn-out.

There were bumps and ruts in the corners that could catch your tires unexpectedly, and it delt with that very well. Overall, I really liked it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaydaddy
    Atmo, I atually ran the 5-clip caster mod at the nats this last weekend and really liked it. It provided very smooth high-speed corner entrance, and a little extra turn-out.

There were bumps and ruts in the corners that could catch your tires unexpectedly, and it delt with that very well. Overall, I really liked it.

This is the first I have seen about this mod... Could someone elaborate for me?? What needs to be done to do this?
    http://www.noveltyrc.com

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaydaddy

Thanks, any chance of some pics? So just dremel enough for a clip i guess. The track is now in worst shape then after rcpro but I like it like that. It also has some serios ruts in the corners. Did it take away any of the low speed cornering? Did you change anything else on your setup? Even better what was your setup last weekend?
    Last edited by atmo; 09-27-2006 at 01:05 PM.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Qualifier
    I'm assuming this 5 clip caster mod is just dremeling away enough material from where the top hinge pin goes in to fit another clip? More caster angle this way?

RC Champion
    Ok, i think i have this but, you will get more steering if you put the a-arm in the furthesest position and all of the caster clips in front of the a-arm in the front of the car. And with this mod, you will be able to add one more clip to the front or the rear of the A-arm. If i am wrong, could someone correct me.

Guys, rather than dremel, use a file. There is only a small amount of material that needs to be removed from 2 places on the bulkhead. With all 4 clips in the front, look at where the a arm is hitting the bulkhead. To get the upper a arm to move back another clip, material has to be removed from the bulkhead in these 2 places.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome, thanks

RC Champion
    IAMI

did you run with this setup for nats? If so what else did you change on your setup
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Racer
    What about the bumpsteer position on the turnbuckle?
    Same as the 15 deg. setting I assume.
    Revo

atmo,

No I didnt. I tried a few things. I was having some traction rolling issues at the end of the sweeper using Medium Soft Pythons (should have glued up clay compound) so I tried 4 clips forward and 1* per side toe out. The added caster gave me more on power steering out of the turns but didnt cure the issue. I got my hands on clay Pythons and set everything back to my normal setup and it was much better.

What I should have done after the first qual is change over to my 1" extended chassis. I ended up finally changing over before the C Main and what a big difference it made. I bumped to the B and then broke something in the tranny around the 10 min mark. I felt like I would have bumped with Steve and Mike before that.

But really I kept to my basic setup.

RC Qualifier
    Great Job In Vegas Roy.. lap times looked very good.. What did u break ? What did Dan break (if u know) ?

See ya at the Mapston.

Thanks Bob. Dan broke an 8mm axle, I dont know what I broke, but something in the tranny, I didnt tear it down after the race and my stuff wont be back here until next week. I had my slipper pretty tight and didnt want to loosen it before the mains for fear of it slipping and causing that issue.

One thing about having to bump is you dont get time to go through anything on your truck, that's what I get for qualifying where I did

RC Champion
    Great job Roy and all the Traxxas guys. It looks like all the manufactures jumped in this years production class. With all the top 1/8 scale drivers throwing there hats and trucks in the ring. I would have like to have seen this one.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Qualifier
    I actually machined material off of the arms for the extra clip. The ideal way would be to remove material from the bulks, but I did it the fast way.

I felt that there was plenty of arm material left for durability, and after four days on the track, they held up fine. The upper arms generally last a long time anyway.

Like in Roy's case, tires are the most important aspect. But, I knew that my issue wasn't with my tire set-up. I knew the extra caster would be more forgiving entering the ruts. If your tires are too grabby, then this mod may not fix your problem.

Atmo, this is a mod that I wish I had made before the OKC race, cuz I think that it would've worked great on that high-bite rutted track. That mod coupled with a smaller/stiffer tire set-up would be perfect for OKC. Try the new PL Holeshots or the Crimefighter MT's with grey inserts.

Bumpsteer will be affected. It's a good thing you brought that up. Run your hollow ball in the lowest position. This will still not be enough to eliminate the bumpsteer, but the bumpsteer that is induced is in your favor. As the suspension is compressed the front wheels will 'bump-in' slightly. This also helps with smoothing out off-throttle turns, and response. Turn out will be increased as will response on-throttle. These are usually favorable changes.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about the bumpsteer.

RC Qualifier
    I'm just finishing my Race REVO project. I can't wait to get the engine broke in and get a few laps on it. The weather is holding its own but cold weather is right around the corner. Man! I wish I lived in Florida! I ended up changing out quite a few things and have enough parts left over to start a crawler project as well. Thanks to everyone for the great set up ideas so I can get started racing MT on the right foot!

Brad

BMP Racing

RC Champion
    Roy,

Thanks again for the heads up on the axle carriers. I drilled for the set screws and they hold perfectly. Which got me thinking about the A arms. Some friends of mine had discussed it in the past about doinng the same thing with the arms as well. A couple of us have done it and using your setup boards I have gone thru a 3/4 of a gallon without any movement on my setup. So far it's working great without any problems. Just thought I would pass it along
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Racer
    hey iami. how did you get the orange?
    t-maxx- picco .26, RPM arms, MIP CVDS, RPM front wear plates,3.3 willy bar, HCR Ti. chassis, rear skid,center skid and chassis braces, rrp internal/diffs, RPM towers, bronco body

RC Qualifier
    I'm sure RD Racing has it's own inhouse anodizing system, but if you wanted something like that, you would need to send it out to be anodized

http://www.mrpaintin.com/

atmo, thats awesome. Thats what it's all about, passing along info to make things better for everyone. Thanks for the congrats, yes all the manufacturers took a shot at the MT title, but a brilliant move by Steve and Traxxas ensured a Traxxas Championship.

hemi-maxx, I used to own an anodizing company

RC Racer
    Guys I have a setup question..

I am running a EXT chassis, 18tm, CD setup is 30/300/10

My problem is on power steering, when exciting a corner it will push out of the corner. It turns in great and through the middle but when getting back on power it just won't hold in the groove.

What are some basic things i might try to acheive a little more on power steering?

msand, with the center diff, I would try 50k-60k front diff fluid to help to front pull more out of the turns. Also, not sure where your caster setting is, 4 clips forward, zero back on the front caster clips

RC Racer
    yepp castor is clips forward, -1.5 camber front, -3 camber rear, 1 toe out front, 1.5 toe in rear, p2's, rods in farthest out position, drive lines set at level, 94359 steering, slayden steering mods done. Also running RPM carriers.

RC Champion
    I am having the same problem. I basically have the same setup as msand, alignment wise. 50k in the front did not resolve the problem though. It hooks real hard going into the turn off-throttle. I am willing to give up some off-power steering to gain some on-power steering.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

Lower your rear shock oil & maybe try 10k in the rear. I personally run
    1k-300k-1k without any problems.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by majestic
    Lower your rear shock oil & maybe try 10k in the rear. I personally run
    1k-300k-1k without any problems.

I may have to try dropping the rear diff weight. It feels to me like it is too heavy with 10k in it.
    I am running green springs front with 35wt and gold rear with 35wt in the GTR shocks with the Ti shafts. The suspension feels perfect and worked great for the last year being setup that way. I know it has to be something with the diff weights that is causing me problems because they were not there before the CD.

RC Champion
    I tried the lower front rear but didn't go down that low. 20-500-7. The front lifted to much for my taste. I moved alot of things forward on my truck battery and tank and this helped center my weight I have my battery mount on my front body post. My baseline diffs that works for me 70-500-50. How do you have your caster set?
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast
    Have any of yall ran the maximizer beadlocks during a main race? do they hold up? and do the screws strip out easy? should i go for them or stick with velocity?
    Vantage O.S. RPM RRP ProLine TRX Boca Bearings Spektrum JR Revo

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by atmo
    I tried the lower front rear but didn't go down that low. 20-500-7. The front lifted to much for my taste. I moved alot of things forward on my truck battery and tank and this helped center my weight I have my battery mount on my front body post. My baseline diffs that works for me 70-500-50. How do you have your caster set?

I would like to see a pic of the battery moved to the front posts. I already have my tank forward.
    Revo 3.3, EB mod OS .18. Badlands with proline dish, Trinity pipe, Techno,Hitek 5955 both steering & thr/brk, Proline arm, DX3, Traxxas tubes, Proline 2.0body, Slayden steering mods, MS filter, GTR Ti nitr shocks Integy carriers, Techno mount/Proline wing,40T spur,FOC,Cen diff,RPM A arms and carriers front,Traxxas extended 10/19A arms on back with RPM carriers, MIP clutch

Snook,

When I was up in Spokane earlier this year everyone was running the beadlocks. They seemed to hold up well and even held on the large sweeper they had at the race.

I know Roy runs them as do some of the other guys.

RC Qualifier
    can you elaborate on beadlocks???......are people running them with 17" adapters?....17" have nice wheels.....the only one that i've seen for 23" adapters were these chrome with light brown ring.....don't look very nice...to me at leats.....so what exactly were they running....wheel/tire???

RC Champion
    THESE WHEELS with any Maxx size tire such as the Proline Bowtie MT or Crimefighter MT.

RC Racer
    Why not the Maximizer beadlocks with the 14mm hex?

RC Qualifier
    thx Knuck.....i just thought that most people use 23mm adapters.....which 17mm adapters would you guys recommend?

GSXRTURBO1....i had bad experience with 14mm....basically they stripped the wheel....ended up with the perfect round hole and unusable wheel.....don't know why it happend...and it happend only to one wheel....but i'd rather go with a bigger adapter.....just a little insurance.

RC Champion
    I use the OFNA adaptors as well.

RC Qualifier
    ok...great...thanx....

anyone race near detroit
    Last edited by thugginjato313; 10-13-2006 at 05:22 PM.

i dont get it..what does it do? increas performance?

hey guys uhm who makes the wings for revo's?