Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

these are maxx mt crimefighters on proline maxx dishes.They are glued to the inner grooves on both sides, then the sidewall has been glued down to the outer edge of the wheel. I like them alot, less sidewall than stock and gives a very round profile

RC Enthusiast

Same thing with Traxxas

Hey Neb,
    Can the same use the inside beed thingy work on the Traxxas Hurrican rims with the Traxxas pin spike racing tyres(sorry i dont know their name).Will u still get the 'narow' profile.I can buy those locally.

I run with the Trx2.5 engine.Which i'am happy with. I just feel the stock tyres slow the truck down.Especially in the turns. I race on a track with 1/8 scale buggies & truggies.So its pretty smooth.I can afford to go with smaller diameter rims also.
    T-Maxx RULES~!

RC Enthusiast
    i dont think it'll work with hurricanes as the sidewall on the sporttraxx arent very big anyway

RC Enthusiast

Comparasion please

Hey Neb,
    Can u take a pic with the stock REVO tyre next to your narrow crimefighter.
    I would like to see how it compares.In the pic u seem to have a stock engine.Do u see a performance difference compared to the stock tyres. Do these help turn sharper & faster?

Thanks\
    T-Maxx RULES~!

RC Enthusiast

its a modded trx 2.5r, at my local track the crimefighters are alot better

RC Enthusiast

This is helping a ton!

Really enjoy reading the setup info from you guys!

Atmo, Care to update your signiture? Looks like you changed from when it was added. How far fom it have you gone?

BTW, My revo is full race here in the Houston area. Can almost keep up with Tanner Hagler when he shows at K&M Raceway in New Caney north of Houston. Word is ALMOST. Center diff, Bigblock conversion, long chassis and 19mm rear arms. Last nite it changed from the weekend before. Wanted to push in the corners more for some reason. Nothing changed in the setup either. I will post it asap, It is close to Steve's at the Vegas track.

Anyway, Great job goes out to those here that share their knowledge!
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=Bigmax]Really enjoy reading the setup info from you guys!

Atmo, Care to update your signiture? Looks like you changed from when it was added. How far fom it have you gone?

Actually it's pretty close right now. A couple of things I'm running standard ratio 15/40 and 70w with the same spring set-up I like it stiff with the extended chassis. I think I've found the best set-up for the diffs and my track so I don't see changing it anytime soon. I have switch the tank around and I'm mounting it over the tekno battery tray so it centers my truck some and running a hump pack on my body post but thats about it. I haven't weigh it on it's bias but I'm as close to 50/50 with this set-up as ever.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast

Good Deal.

I'm ready for another change. I did thro some Boa on that took it way too much in reaction with my setup. Will go heavier in the diffs to calm it down some hopefully. Turns were instant, agrressive punch too.

Thank for the quick reply.
    GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

RC Enthusiast
    All of yall realize that center diff is cause the transmission gears to go out.only when the are being put under extreme power like that of the o.s. tz ... has anyone else seemed to notice this? I know that all of ur revo guys in alabama have seemed to notice that. I do not run the center diff but i know everyone else at my track running a revo does and i just would like to know has traxxas or anyone else noticed yet?

RC Champion
    I've ran the cd with a picco .26 and have had no problems at all. I'm using the 3.3 and still no problems with my tranny. If they are using 300k or less and setting there slipper clutch tight to try and compensate for the unloading then I could see it but thats not a cd issue.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast
    they are running 300k or less. i can see wut you are saying there but i cannot see an advantage for me by going to the center diff decause i have to be able to slide the rear of the car around. Thats just my driving style. I can drive it like a buggy in the turns but it will not be as fast as the way it is now.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by neb

these are maxx mt crimefighters on proline maxx dishes.They are glued to the inner grooves on both sides, then the sidewall has been glued down to the outer edge of the wheel. I like them alot, less sidewall than stock and gives a very round profile

Nice work on the tires Neb..

RC Enthusiast

Thanks Neb

Thanks for the comparasion photo.
    Do u proline rims mount to the stock hex nuts? Or do u need adapters?

How is the handaling.Is it more nimble with these tyres?
    T-Maxx RULES~!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer!
    they are running 300k or less. i can see wut you are saying there but i cannot see an advantage for me by going to the center diff decause i have to be able to slide the rear of the car around. Thats just my driving style. I can drive it like a buggy in the turns but it will not be as fast as the way it is now.

I still muscle it thru the turns just not as much. It's alot smoother thru the turns and with the rear brake it really makes going into the turns alot stronger without locking up the front wheels so I carry more speed into the turn and still go to the wood coming out but instead of blipping my throttle to slide it thru and then hammer it. It's more full wood and she off
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Qualifier
    2 Questions what the benifits of a side pipe and in stead of buying a quick turn can i take the front brakes off(i run CD)
    YGR: JJ [URL="freewebs.com/younggunzracing"]freewebs.com/younggunzracing[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by They Call Me JJ
    2 Questions what the benifits of a side pipe and in stead of buying a quick turn can i take the front brakes off(i run CD)
    Some say side pipes give more power, but I wouldnt run one because it could be damaged easily if hit on the side.
    You can take the front brake off as long as your rear brake setup is installed. You can just take the front disk out, leaving you with only your rear 2 disks.

RC Qualifier
    And you couldnt IM me this? lol thanks

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 18t turbo
    Some say side pipes give more power, but I wouldnt run one because it could be damaged easily if hit on the side.
    You can take the front brake off as long as your rear brake setup is installed. You can just take the front disk out, leaving you with only your rear 2 disks.

im not sure how a side mounted pipe will give you more power. the only way it could is using a pipe that would allow more power but couldnt be mounted in the rear.

if anything , mounting a side pipe will give you a differnt weight bias.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

Quote Originally Posted by twisted
    im not sure how a side mounted pipe will give you more power. the only way it could is using a pipe that would allow more power but couldnt be mounted in the rear.

if anything , mounting a side pipe will give you a differnt weight bias.
    I heard from a few people that it gives more power, Im guessing its from a different header that is bigger than the stock one, making the engine "breath a little bit more".

RC Qualifier
    It will give a stronger bottom end and all together a smoother linear take off. Sometime soon I will do the same, it also makes changing springs and modifying the rear shocks MUCH easier.

-Caleb

RC Qualifier
    shadowskinner, my set-up at JCG was to deal with the high bite surface in the groove and the high-speed sections that the track had. The temperatrure was also pushing 100-degees.

high-bite, high-speed, and high temps all equal a need for higher viscosity diff fluid.

I will prolly not run that thick of fluid at Monster Madness due to the surface being slightly sandy and soft. I will start with 50-500-30.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Izze-Racing
    It will give a stronger bottom end and all together a smoother linear take off. Sometime soon I will do the same, it also makes changing springs and modifying the rear shocks MUCH easier.

-Caleb

The pipe he uses gives it alittle more bottom. But like izzy stated it's easier to tweak his suspension and more than anything to keep the heat off of his shocks.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Qualifier
    so should i stay with my side pipe or not I use a diffent header with my trinity pipe before I used the small block header if I switch back to standard i will inxstall the big block header what do u think?

RC Racer
    stay with it unless your really a die hard racer. side pipe would help spread out the weight of the truck more evenly and if you run a big block it would help on the power side because of a smoother exhaust flow but other than that it really dosent do anything plus you crash on that side its a wrap. I need to get out to that track to run with you and 18t
    race to win

RC Qualifier
    ok anyone else'os opinion?

Just try it out at the track, if it doesnt do good, then just swap it out and put the rear pipe back on, its simple. Revorahz, you should come and race with us one time

RC Qualifier
    lol I will have to find a body to not care about. Yea you would like it they just changed the set up completely around

Edit, watch the language please. JR
    Last edited by JohnnyRingo; 08-10-2006 at 01:29 PM.

I'm getting more into the whole racing thing and wanted to know
    Why is it that the extended chassis is better then stock?
    Is there any downfall to it?
    Last edited by shlum; 08-12-2006 at 11:54 PM.

RC Competitor
    I read where this guy blew out his 2.5 diffs when he installed a 3.3. He solved the problem when he went to the 3.3 diffs - I thought they were the some diff Can some one help me on this?

RC Champion
    They are the same diffs.

Shlum
    The extended chassis will give you better high speed handling and stability plus better control on jumps.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

I have heard that the 3.3 diffs are updated and stronger than the 2.5 ones.

RC Competitor
    What foams are you guys using with the PL crimefighters? I just got my revo 3.3 and am considering going 23mm. not sure if I should (need to) or stick with the hurricanes/response? I had some crimefighters on my t-maxx and loved them besides the foams.
    Revo comin through....

RC poster

Question

I have a question for you racing guys. I'm pretty new to the racings scene. I normally run 40 series proline bowties on narrowed wabash wheels. I have had good success. Need to work on my driving skills some more. Thought I would try something new and experiment/This weekend I tried a set of panther boa's on mt velocity wheels. I really liked the extra power I got from the lighter tires. My turn is great. The truck rotated through the corner well.But I was having trouble exiting the turns. My truck felt really twitchy through the straights under acceleration. Like the back wanted to pass the front end. I was wondering if thickening the diff fluid would help settle this down. Or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here is my setup. I borrowed most of it from RD racing. Thanks for posting that. The track is red clay which is really dry and dusty. Revo 2.5r with extended rear arms. Still running the 2.5. 40t spur. 15 t clutch bell. Mip clutch set to the soft setting upper hole.

Front
    30 wt front diiff
    white springs
    50 wt shock oil
    P2 rockers
    2 clips front 2 in back
    1 degree toe out each side
    pushrods middle hole
    camber 1 degree negative
    roll upper hinge pin hole
    ride height level
    # 1 shock pistons

center
    300 k center diff

rear
    10wt rear diff
    green springs
    p2 rockers
    toe in 2 degrees
    pushrod middle hole
    camber 2 degrees negative
    ride height level
    # 2 shock pistons
    50 wt shock oil
    roll center upper hinge pin holes

Any of you guys have any suggestions?

RC Champion
    Not bad but I would up your diff weights all around Heres my setup

Front
    70k front diff
    70w'tan
    P2 rockers without the spacers
    4 clips front
    1-1.5 toe
    pushrod middle
    Upper hinge pin
    ride hieght level
    #2 piston
    Bump steer lower

Center Diff

Rear
    50k diff
    70w black #2 piston
    P2 no spacers on pushrods middle
    3 degrees toe rear
    1.5 camber
    rollcenter lower
    bump steer middle

I never liked the softer set-ups. I have found that the front and rear diffs need to be at least 30k with the center diff. I would stiffen it up and go 4 front and set my hinge pins to lower in the rear plus add some more rear toe. More rear toe should make the biggest differnce on the high speed stability and twichy part but you will lose some speed.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply Atom. I'm running a 2.5 chassis right now. Got a 3.3 chassis here. Trying to get my body painted so I will have everything together when I switch. I was thinking 50 in front diff. 30 in the rear. What do you think? I hate to comprimise though. My truck turns in and rotates through the corners great. From what I have read and heard, thickening up the diffs are going to cause me to loose some of that turn in and rotation. I will definitly give it a little more toe in. I was thinking about that also.

RC Champion
    That was more pre diff. With the cd it seems to hook-up better with a higher diff fluids. I tried slaydens set-up 100-500-50 and it was a strong set-up. The 70-500-50 seems to work for me and as a good all around set-up
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC poster
    I used Slaydens setup from the guide as a base setup. Been working on my driving skills with his setup. Tried RD racing's setup and took quite a bit of time off my laps, first day I tried it. Just trying to find a good base setup for my driving style right now and tweak from there. I did try to lower my hinge pines a while back. Seemed like I lost some steering though. Maybe it was my setup though. I am correct in my thinking that lowering the rear hinge pins increase the steering, right?

RC Champion
    It makes it agressive. The front uppers with your caster clips all forward give you more steering. the rear lower gives more of a level rear thru the turns
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Competitor
    I've had tranny problems in my 2.5 and 3.3 revo. Started blowing gears when the tm,3.3, and tz were used. I think slipper settings are very crucial. Any other suggestions?

RC poster
    Thanks for your help atmo. I will give that a try and see how it works.