Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 2,121 to 2,132 of 2132
    RC Champion
    I always thought racing was something vs. something.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bashhound View Post
    Fair enough. There is some thing to be said about a revo running a perfect tune. At times I do miss the smell and the sound, that's when I fire up that old slide carb T Maxx.

Nitros are heavier so they land quicker, carry more inertia through the turns, and provide more bite putting more power to the ground on off road tracks. Not sure about on road either...not my cup of tea.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    on the contrary Nitros are lighter.. giving that is the same model car you are talking about... 1 electric and 1 nitro, i'm referring to E-buggies/ E-truggies vs their nitro counterpart
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pntmachine View Post
    I always thought racing was something vs. something.

... lol
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Qualifier
    Wow, you guy are having to much fun. Got one of the moderators flexing on you.

Bubba2651

The inception of the truggy killed MT.
    REVO DE
    2009 ROAR REGION 2 MT POINT SERIES CHAMP

RC Racer
    I love tinkering with nitros, I work on gas turbine engines for a living, plus having experience in the electrical side (avionics). It makes playing with these things so straight forward! As I have also learnt the simplicity of piston engines. Before getting into working on turbines/pistons I had no idea, was always in the lhs asking for help lol

RC Qualifier
    what tires do you guys use for hard pack dirt tracks.

RC poster
    Has anybody here ever set up an on road Revo? I'm not sure if there would be a class for it in racing but if you could get the chassis low enough and the suspension stiff enough with the wide tires it seems it would make a edit road racer.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Double G; 07-10-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: language

RC poster
    I'm 49 and sometimes feel a little old for the hobby but enjoy it. I feel nitro looks and sounds less like a toy and more like a small motorsport; though I do know electrics are the same hobby grade.
    Savage XL,DX3.0,JRx9503,TRex450Pro,Revo3.3

RC Racer
    Age is just another number Wardster
    rustler vxl stampede vxl 3s lipo power

RC Racer
    wardster wardster wardster dont you know this hobby is for all ages! im under 13 and i have already gotten atrxxas revo 2.5r and two other nitros that are non traxxas! and i like that saying virkdoc.

RC Competitor
    I miss racing the Revo. I was on pretty good terms with Tornado Racing and still have a pair of the original X-Wings. Man, that Revo could fly with the right set up. I had mine down to 7 lbs 1 oz with no fuel. Could have dropped even more weight by going to carbon chassis and lipo rx pack. I called it "Sub 7" because that was my goal. Many times my MT times outqualified most of the 8th buggy racers (I also ran that class). This is with the older 2.5 and short chassis, before "frog leg" arms even came out.

RC Qualifier
    Well said about the differences of electric vs nitro a while back. I own both. I love the smell and power band of nitro but I often sit in front of my computer tuning my esc, only after figuring out all the electrical calculations. Both require the same knowledge to work on the drivetrain and chassis set up.
    As far as racing I have just gone rouge and built quit tracks on undevelopedpad sites. Call it bash racing with the buddies. When the bulldozer comes, n it will, oh well. Time to relocate.
    Last edited by Mrmerv76; 08-13-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot