Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,600 of 2131
    RC Competitor

Thanks Mike and you are welcome. I run Majestic Rc Revooh bodies. They rock!

Majest RC

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rgonth
    Just picked up my center diff for the Revo. I've seen the postings that recommend 500k oil but can't seem to find any anywhere. Anyone have a link to a seller online?
    ofna diff lock at tower hobbies or kyosho 500,000 at impact rc both are similar i like the ofna plus its chaeper

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sdehring
    ofna diff lock at tower hobbies or kyosho 500,000 at impact rc both are similar i like the ofna plus its chaeper
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNXJ0&P=7
    Is this what you're talking about?

I have 500k in it now, but the front wheels turn into pizza cutters, and the rears are spinning so slow I can count how many times they turn.
    99% of people reading this are slower then me

RC Champion
    thats what i use and i have no problem with tires ballooning....
    Is there life without a revo in this world........

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougherty
    I have 500k in it now, but the front wheels turn into pizza cutters, and the rears are spinning so slow I can count how many times they turn.
    You MUST have something wrong (like a cracked diff case, ect. )
    There is NO WAY your front end should be un-loading that much with 500K.
    I run 500K in my center diff and have no unloading or ballooning at all. I can actually still pull wheelies in the right situation.
    Forsale:4-RD Racing carriers,8mm stubs,M2C hexs..

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougherty
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNXJ0&P=7
    Is this what you're talking about?

I concurr theres some thing not right. whats in the front and back the front should be a little heavier. AS for the ofna diff lock its not grease like it says at towers tech notes ,its silicone. you did take front and rear diffs out to be checked and refilled i hope.
    Last edited by sdehring; 09-04-2007 at 03:08 PM.

RC poster

Fuel Tanks

I've burnt up two motors now due to leaks in my fuel tank covers. Anyone else see the same issues? I know a lot of people have changed out their tanks for bigger ones. Is this also part of the reason?
    Revo 3.3, Tekno sway bar kit, center diff

RC Competitor
    I've burnt up two motors now due to leaks in my fuel tank covers. Anyone else see the same issues? I know a lot of people have changed out their tanks for bigger ones. Is this also part of the reason?
    Dude,

Get the orange fuel tank rings, they are much better and stand up a lot longer than that of the blue ones.

Regards,
    To Many Mods To List

RC Enthusiast
    Last sunday I was out of the race due to a break in the slipper pressure plate (TRA5351).

1) Why dit it fail?

2) Does anyone know of an upgrade or hop up part to replace it?

RC poster
    Budzeye,
    I do have the orange ones. Came that way from the factory. I still have issues with them wearing out. I will take a look at the tank opening maybe there is flashing there that is damaging the o-rings.

RC Qualifier
    maybe this is a better place to ask lol anyone tried the M2C 3 shoe clutch setup yet and if so what setup did you run and your opinions. thanks!!
    SLASH
    Team Bad Boy Racing
    www.crcrc.com

rgonth,

Have you replaced the complete tank or have you just been replacing the seal? Either way, put a new tank on there, a fresh one should not have any issues.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    what wheels are on the winner for the 2007 nats are they something of this nature? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLCC0&P=7
    65mph n rusty 13 more mph to go :)

RC Racer
    I just installed them,they were a little tough getting them in.I also talked to Mitch at m2c and he is really cool and has some other things in the wing going on.
    later and good racing JRT
    3.3 rb mod rd racing carriers quick turn teckno

RC poster
    So from what I can see so far the key to racing success is keeping the Revo on 4 wheels.

Thoughts, comments?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoRacer31
    So from what I can see so far the key to racing success is keeping the Revo on 4 wheels.

Thoughts, comments?
    Yes. The fewer times you have to be marshaled, the better you will finish.

RC Qualifier
    Exactly...it doesnt matter near as much what engine you run or how your truck is setup. You will always make better lap times if you keep it on all 4's and off the wall.

RC Champion
    ran the M2C set-up all season long(.95 springs, hard 7075 shoes along with an rrp bell). worked better than words can describe. just make sure that the slipper is adjusted correctly, as well. the setup that i ran had just the right amount of, what feels like, a very smooth lockup. i inspected the clutch after each race..........no wear on the shoes or bell. i highly recommend the M2C clutch for racing. pickup the spring assortment to experiment with. but, stick with the hard shoes and an rrp clutch bell/spur. also, M2C just came out with a 3-shoe setup for the revo..........for now, i'm very happy with the 2-shoe deal.....

Congrats to the Traxxas/Majestic guys this weekend!

RC Qualifier
    Nice pic & congrats.

Whats a good diff weight to use front & rear ?
    Rough track, tight turns, hard packed & loose on top.

I'm running 500k CD Picco 26, long chassis & Traxxas frog legs.

I was running 50\500\50
    Support your Country, buy domestic...

RC Racer
    Nice pics Majestic
    One thing missing though is a pic just like that, without bodies on the revoss,

RC Enthusiast
    What wheels are on the Jato on the right side of that picture? They don't look like the Traxxas dish wheels.
    ROAR Region1 2006, 2007 Monster Truck, 2nd

Zup - I had one but Will Smith used his flashy light thing & erased it from my camera. You can see the wing/mount & notice Tim's bumper looks a lil different?

Nismo - Tim was using Losi wheels

RC Racer
    no prob majestic
    Got any pics of your revo?
    When are the finals?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by majestic
    Zup - I had one but Will Smith used his flashy light thing & erased it from my camera. You can see the wing/mount & notice Tim's bumper looks a lil different?

Nismo - Tim was using Losi wheels
    Were those rear losi wheels too? Did he just remove the Traxxas plastic hex and replace the steel pin with a roll pin to mount the losi rear wheels?
    ROAR Region1 2006, 2007 Monster Truck, 2nd

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nascarcanada
    Nice pic & congrats.

Whats a good diff weight to use front & rear ?
    Rough track, tight turns, hard packed & loose on top.

I'm running 500k CD Picco 26, long chassis & Traxxas frog legs.

I was running 50\500\50
    Any help please ?

I dont really have any body off pics of my truck. There is a pic of it on Traxxas USMT Race Report. Mines the one with $100 bills all over it.

Nismo - I really didn't look to see how Tim got the Losi wheels on there, sorry.

RC Enthusiast

Unhappy this should do the trick

Any help please ?
    for racing 150f500c75r for bashing or running long staights 300front ofna difflock center 300read seal your gaskits with a thin layer of rtv silicon
    RB-523-TURBO-REVO-ROCKET

RC Enthusiast

they just do it hold more fuel

my revo cap dose the same dame thing but since i just boughta rbtm523 i also im going to go bigger on the tank ifound from an aquacraft that holds 180cc of fuel the stock tank holds125cc if u race themax size is150cc chek out tenorc.com they have all kinds of set ups. Later
    RB-523-TURBO-REVO-ROCKET

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sdehring
    for racing 150f500c75r for bashing or running long staights 300front ofna difflock center 300read seal your gaskits with a thin layer of rtv silicon
    Thanks, but I think 150 in the front & 75 in the rear is way too thick for racing.
    I want the power to transfer to the wheel with most traction, mainly in the turns.
    I was thinking 10 in front & 40 in the rear,, I need 500k in CD to tame the Picco.

RC Qualifier
    Any help please ?

try 30/500/10
    works well for us indoors and out
    SLASH
    Team Bad Boy Racing
    www.crcrc.com

RC Enthusiast

Thanks from a Newbie

Hi all,
    Just wanted to thank all here for the great post. I got a new revo a few months back. Not knowing much about this truck, I began by asking lots of questions @ my LHS. The guys their where awsome, (dont know if I can give LHS name here) But WPB, Fl. guided me in the right direction. I am an old RC E oval guy, but havent raced in a long time. After a few thousand $ lots of hop-ups and many disassembly processes, and reading every post on this GREAT site. I think, I / We (meaning LHS and you here) built a pretty bullet proof Truck, that handle really well. Traxxas I think has done a quilty job in marketing their product, along with support (like this forum) to help with newbies.

Anyway on with the Report, a few of the guys from the LHS invited me to come along with them to a Local track to watch and help them during their race one weekend to get my feet wet (I mean dirty). The very next weekend 9/15/07 they drug me along with my Revo in toe, after letting my friend shake out the truck, he handed me the controls, I took over and with shaky hands I ran a tank of fuel and it was time to race. When the whistle sounded I remembered that Trucks NEED to stay on 4 wheels and ran a pace I was comfortable. I qualified 6 of 8. The Main I finished 3rd and the truck stayed together with only 2 laps back of the winner.
    Thanks again from a newbie

I have made a few more changes to the setup to help with doubles and long jumps. I will see if it helps next race
    Last edited by SoFlRevoRacer; 09-19-2007 at 11:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro0619
    try 30/500/10
    works well for us indoors and out
    Thank you for your input, I did some searching, seems most peeps like to run thinner fluid in the rear.
    Not sure if I will try 50\500\10 or 30\500\10

RC Racer
    can anyone suggest a good exhaust for revo? i upgrade the engine to the 3.3 and want i was thinking about the integy tuned pipe. what do ya'll think?

RC Champion
    I have run the Trinity Pipe, Resonator and THS hardcoated. My favorite is the THS. Great power and not much louder than stock.

RC Qualifier
    the stock pipe works real well. i also like the single chamber resonater.
    revo/21max jammin crt/jammin28
    jammmin cr/ninja21

RC Enthusiast
    Hey get a 79 ford bronco body or the jeep rubicon body from hpi they look like the most scale realistic on the rubicon 1in between fender wheel hte bodys are wider totaly blows every proline body ive ever had away plus u can still run a wing use hpi black ******** wing and line the holes up with the rear revo posts i wish every body can see what these wider bodys look like tower has measurments it has to be at least 17.5in long to fit a 3.3 revo you might try a ******** body whatever u get make sure its at least 7.5in wide i think this would be perfect .This is the JConcepts Heavy-Duty Illuzion Body for the
    HPI ******** Truck Model.

FEATURES: Heavy-Duty thickness polycarbonate construction
    Hard edge styling with a front hood scoop
    Body roof is wedged for an aggressive look
    The rear of the body has been designed for extra bed durability
    Protective outer film protects the body during painting
    Die-cut window mask to make painting easier
    Decal sheet features headlights and other details

INCLUDES: One Clear Illuzion Body
    One Decal Sheet
    One Die-Cut Window Mask Sheet

REQUIRES: Paint of modeler's choice, scissors - DTXR1150 and Reamer - DTXR11555

SPECS: Length: 18.5" (470mm)
    Width: 8.25" (210mm)
    Height: 5.5" (140mm)
    RB-523-TURBO-REVO-ROCKET

RC Enthusiast

Cool this will fit the revo better than the revo version

Quote Originally Posted by alfred
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...lean+mean+revo

here it is, im gonna try a new body, something wiht a low roof line. any suggestions??
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRAC3&P=ML jconcepts helfire body I use all hpi bodys on my 3.3 because there like 1.5 to 2in wider makes the revo look more proportionate when the bodys not so far away from the inside of the wheels i just got my jeep rubicon body today its feder flares are like1in from the inside of the rims its the nicest fitting body ive seen on a revo the wheels line up center there openings tower hobbies has most diamentions on bodys savage bodys fit great chek them out later and let me no what u think about that helfire jcocepts body.
    RB-523-TURBO-REVO-ROCKET

RC poster
    Just installed the Teckno sway bar kit on my Revo 3.3 and it seemed to work very well. I used the 2.8mm in the front and the 2.6mm one in the back. One of the buggy guys said that buggies usually use larger ones in the back to help when accelerating out of a corner.

Has anyone had experience with sway bars and what works better as far as sizes front to rear? I was thinking that all full size vehicles have larger ones in the front so that must be better? But then again full size vehicles probably don't accelerate like an RC vehicle.