Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    BTW--Anyone going to be in St. Louis MO this weekend for Rd 1 of the R/C Pro Series at Dirtburners?
    Revo comin through....

RC Champion
    Il be at round 1 at Dirt burners. Revo is all ready and ready to take home #1. I just hope the driver is as ready as the truck lol.

Come over and say hi jneff28. Il have the green extended chassis, black ttr rims and c boa's. Il have a crt also thats red, blue, and silver in the pits as well.
    Last edited by Michowski; 05-17-2006 at 11:49 AM.

RC Competitor
    Yeah--I will see you there Michowski
    Revo comin through....

RC Champion
    cool, see you there. Il be there tomorrow night through sunday night

RC Champion
    Johnny ringo where are those pics with your lid on? I want to see how your fueling from the side. I cut the rear out from the motor side to the tank side with the jconcepts body. It works just fine but the look is off some for my taste. Are you going to run the shims on your pivot balls, suspension arms and turn buckles. It looked like a male female adapter but on your toe links how are you reversing the threads. Could it be done with just the pivots running to your axle carriers and leave the rest alone?
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

Atmo,

I ran out of time on cutting out my lid. My gear is on its way to Spokane Wa for the Hank Perry race next weekend. I promise to snap a picture when I get there.

I use a Jato fuel tank pull ring and run it out what would be the back window. The violator tank allows you to mount the lid either way.

Not sure I understand the shims question. Are you talking about the set screws on my arms and carriers?

Shivers

Atmo,

I found a picture with the body on my other Revo.

RC Champion
    No you guys had this extensions on your A-arms that conected to and extended out for your pivot balls about an 1/2 inch. But they had them on there toelinks and turnbuckles as well. They look like a male female adapter that you can get at Ace hardware except for your toelinks and turnbuckles you would need a reverse thread on one end. It looked like a dallas thing. I guess you didn't have them but a couple of you guys had them. Thanks for the pic
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

Ringo, you holding out on us>

What is this Ace Hardware secret atmo speaks of? You better not be thinking you going to be pulling a fast one on us at the Hank Perry!

RC Enthusiast
    Looks like Daniel Aycoth is having fun.

Looks like Harry made it to the RC Pro Series at the Farm after all. Aycoth did very well, took the win I believe!
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Enthusiast
    Hey thats me in the back. Always the last one off the line LOL.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRingo
    Atmo,

I found a picture with the body on my other Revo.

This wouldnt happen to be the same Chris i talk to when i call in with a question would it...

Jon
    from a hobby shop in Bakersfield..
    RHH

ps-if it is tell Greg I said Hi.

losijon,

No, I don't answer phones. Though that Chris races locally and does pretty well. We keep trying to get him out to a bigger race but haven't been able to sway him as of yet.

Chris

RC Enthusiast
    Johnny-man you guys gotta get him out there!

RC Champion
    hahaha a flag and lights on the front. now that guy is cool!
    Racer E-Revo, Nitro Revo, aluminum BL pede, T-maxx

Daniel Aycoth style! GO Team Traxxas!

RC Champion
    Chris and Steve, thanks for the replies on the center diffs. I heard you guys are using 300k as your basic set-up instead of the 150k stock. Is this your typical set-up for larger tracks? That stuff is like tooth paste. My set-up is in my sig. so I run a pretty stiff agressive driving set-up. I try to push and muscle my truck pretty hard thru the turns and wanted to get your thought on the higher diffs settings.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

instead of the 150k stock.
    FWIW, stock is 100k. Just wanted to clarify that. I've been using a 200k mix myself the past couple of weekends. It's working well for the tracks I've been on.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Qualifier
    Hey 'Behavin, Do you have any idea when the Center Diff's will come out for us "Public " guys ? I've had one preordered since march and im 'itchin to get my hands on some Center diff goodies!!!
    Less Slow, More Go!

RC Champion
    Misbehavin What kind of driving style? Are you filling it up all the way or doing the half full?
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

Hey 'Behavin, Do you have any idea when the Center Diff's will come out for us "Public " guys ? I've had one preordered since march and im 'itchin to get my hands on some Center diff goodies!!!
    Sorry. I know nothing more about the arrival date than you do. I will say don't rely too heavily on Tower though, as some people tend to use that as a basis for their predictions. I seen Tower dates pushed back, and I've also seen dates a month off disappear with "in stock" showing up within hours. So Tower's estimations are nothing more than a wild estimate at times.

Misbehavin What kind of driving style? Are you filling it up all the way or doing the half full?
    My driving style is a mix. I generally try to roll into corners smoothly with just enough brake needed, but at times I'll take a point and shoot approach in some corners. I have a more conservative driving style than most though.

I'm filling the diff full, just like I do with my front and rear diffs. I don't like to add other variables into the equation, as "half full" can vary some from refill to refill. Just custom-blending diff oil throws me into a paranoid tizzy, so I tend to mix a large quantity at a time so the action is consistant between refills.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Champion
    Thanks, for the reply
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Qualifier
    The 3.3 has been out for a while now, What pipe is everyone using to get the maximum power out of the Traxxas 3.3 motor?
    Your REVO Racing and Bashing Store:
    CHIP'S R/C
    http://stores.ebay.com/CHIPS-R-C_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

RC Champion
    Im running the THS exhaust. IMO it brings out the most power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRingo
    My gear is on its way to Spokane Wa for the Hank Perry race next weekend. I promise to snap a picture when I get there.Shivers
    That is so sweet I'm 1 hour west of spokane and plan on coming in to watch the races. I hope to meet some of the guys from this forum there. I'm fairly new to the hobby and this will be my first nitro race. Who's all planning on being at the Hank Perry in Spokane WA? Again I look forward to meeting some great RCers

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone heard about the new pipe coming out from Traxxas, made just for the Revo 3.3 motor?
    CHIP'S R/C

RC Champion
    its on backorder. Been for there the past 3 months and still hasnt come instock yet.

RC Qualifier
    My Guess is that its much longer, should try to come close to a buggy pipe.

RC Racer
    I was wondering what the scene was like around Seattle. I am going to be out that way for a week in late Aug. I would like to run my truck some place.

RC Enthusiast

fuel,fuel,fuel?

ok one ? what is the difference in 20% fuel compared to 30% fuel i live in gemany and from my resaerch the only fuel people recomend in germany is tornado fuel but in germany they make anywhere from 18%nitro to 35% nitro what is my best bet for my revo racer i want top performance and its about mid 60's to 70 degresse here right now i guess my ? is whats the difference and how will it effect my engine performance any help id really appreciate it thanks from rcmexican

RC Qualifier
    Anyone know where I can buy some x-wing front axels? A link to a web site would be great.
    CHIP'S R/C

RC Enthusiast
    hey guys im from germany the only fuel i can get over here is tornado fuel im worried about using it because it only has an oil content of 9% this seems kinda low to me but all the top european rc-er's use this stuff i wanna use it in my revo(racer) and hellfire what do u guys think

RC poster
    Tornado fuel is absolutly good. Here in Poland we're using both, Tronado and Runner Time and the engines run great, no sings of and damage. Personally, I prefer the second one

RC Enthusiast

finished revo racer

hey finally finished mr revo heres the outcome tell me what u think also heres a list of upgrdes:

1.ko propo2366ics steering/hitec5625mg throotle(n)brake
    2.red trx pushrods /toelinks all around
    3. proline bowties on wabash's
    4.spektrum dx3
    5.tekno rc wing w/proline 1/8wing
    6. rd quickturn
    7. mip cvd's all around
    8. mip clutch (modified)
    9. robinson racing steel clutch bell and spur gear 16/40
    10. xtreme rc cf throotlemount/brake disc/battery tray
    11.rpm reciever box
    12.trx gtr 40wt orange frt/gold rear w/p2's
    13. ms airfilter

so tell me what u guys think i also have all lunsford tiatanium parts but will put on when the reds brake, and as u can see i have an rb tm323 that is eager for play soon once mt trx2.5rmodded goes out on me

RC Enthusiast
    oops heres the pics of it finished
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...a/DSCF0419.jpg

Please keep all images to a width of 600 pixels or less. To do this, you must edit the image using an image editor before you upload the picture to your host.

I have changed the images to links so that people don't have to scroll to read the thread.

Mis'
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-01-2006 at 09:56 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    woops messed up wrong pic
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...a/DSCF0413.jpg

Please keep all images to a width of 600 pixels or less. To do this, you must edit the image using an image editor before you upload the picture to your host.

I have changed the images to links so that people don't have to scroll to read the thread.

Mis'
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-01-2006 at 09:57 AM.

RC Competitor
    Hey Shivers, what center diff wt. did you use at the "HANK". I was told Team RD was still using quick turn. I've tried 200k but seemed to unload a bit at my local track. Thanks for tip.

RC Competitor
    Try some Kyosho 300,000 oil. You can also use Associated 300,000 but to me the Kyosho seemed more consistent.

Redman,

I ran 300K in the center and with the loose track conditions 60K in the front diff with 10K in the rear. The truck pulled well out of the corners.

Shivers