Thread: Wing for revo

RC Qualifier

Wing for revo

I just ordered a erevo wing and wing mount and I was wondering how it fits. From what I've heard you have to drive a couple holes in the shock tower? I'm using it mostly as a wheelie bar because I just figured out that my slipper clutch was loose so I wasn't even doing big wheelies even though I was still amazed at the power. My main questions are how durable are they and does the bumper hit the ground before the wing?
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Qualifier
    The wings are actually pretty durable. Yes you need to drill 2 holes in the body mount and the wing usually hits the ground before the bumper.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the help.

RC Qualifier
    I put the wing on and I didn't even need to drill holes! I didn't put screws there though because it didn't come with any and it wasn't necessary. I did have to trim the body for it to fit though.

I'm thinking of screwing in some old wheelie bar wheels to the tips so I can wheelie without wearing down the wing, has anyone tried this?

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas makes a wheelie bar for the revo to use with the wing. Here is a thread with some pictures.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-3-wheelie-bar