RC Competitor

Revo rear shocks

Hello everyone,i have had a revo for about 3 years now it was my first nitro,it has upgraded traxxas aluminum shocks,The problem is everytime i beat on this truck the rear shock cap comes off causing the rear to sag ,i have replaced the cap thinking the thread was worn but it still happens.Any suggestions will be appreciated ,thanks

How full is the shock fluid? It should come up to the bottom of the bladder. Anything more and that fluid has nowhere to go if it cannot move through the piston fast enough.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Ya make sure you have the right amount of oil in the shock and if they still blow you should look into aluminum shock caps.

RC Competitor
    Well guest i just learnt something ,are you guys saying NOT to fill the shock up all the way , I normally pull the piston down and fill them almost to the top with oil

RC Champion
    You are exposed to fill ALMOST to the top. You want enough room for the bladder to seat nicely in the shock body. But if you are doing some big jumps and blowing the caps off left and right then you will need some aluminum caps.

RC Competitor
    problem was i had the rear shocks in backwards,meaning the that the shockcaps was bolted to the rockers causing not enough travel hence ripping the cap off the shock. Once i corrected this ,all was well

RC Competitor
    I almost did the exact thing, had to go on line and look at a pic. I love taking them apart. I am in the process of putting a Big Red Mach2 in her this afternoon.

RC Competitor
    good luck with that big red mach2 install ,i have the losi 454/lrp28/xtm/sh engine in mine and its a beast

RC Competitor
    Well after taking the BB in/out 4 times because of ez start problems, Hoping to start break in tomorrow.