RC Racer

Question Positive and negative judgments on RDLogics 1 Piece Twin Exhaust Tuned Pipe

Hi, I would want to change the stock pipe with the RDLogics 1 Piece Twin Exhaust Tuned Pipe becuse I believe I would have to hold the tmaxx cleaner with this exaust instead of stock that put the smoke on the body and near the rear right tires.
    Can to be a good upgrade ?
    Thanks for the aid.

This is http://cgi.ebay.com/RDLogics-1-Pc-Tw...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by Generoso; 10-10-2005 at 03:08 PM.
    Generoso Lombardi

Dual exhaust's simply do not give enough backpressure to the fuel system, as backpressure basically acts as a fuel punp on 2-Stroke R/C engines.

The homemade Ebay pipe are even worse. Stick with single outlet pipes, such as a THS Pipe System.

RC Qualifier
    My pics and review:
    Clicky Clicky
    RD logics is a great company and I have had no problems running this pipe on my maxx. This is not like the ebay pipes, it has a chamber where back pressure is created. Another factor that adds back pressure is how narrow the outlet pipes are (the smaller the more pressure). The Ebay pipes have the same diameter tubing used on the whole pipe and it does not have a chamber thus decreasing back pressure. You should not be afraid to buy this pipe. I love it.

Matt
    Traxxas Jato-Revo springs, the Proline Gladiator 2's in the rear and blades up font, 2.2 inch agitator rims. Traxxas St-Maxx upgrades- RD Logics dual exhaust, RPM arms, shock towers, and skids, Proline 40's Series Velocity 6 rims, Road Rage tires, GPM aluminum shocks, and a home made Rx pack.

Banned by Warnings
    yea I dont see why that pipe wouldnt work well enough.

only problem I see with it is one rear-end landing and that thing's toast

RC Racer
    My worry is that it does not have the place for the tube of the tank, as the stock have.
    Can it a problem ?
    Thanks.
    Generoso Lombardi

RC Champion
    Living and working in Edison, NJ. Home in Knox, PA
    Originally posted by ip42800ht
    Dual exhaust's simply do not give enough backpressure to the fuel system, as backpressure basically acts as a fuel punp on 2-Stroke R/C engines.

The homemade Ebay pipe are even worse. Stick with single outlet pipes, such as a THS Pipe System.
    I have to dissagree with your statement. Dual exhausts most certainly provide enough backpressure if they are engineered correctly. One such as the rdlogics pipe is a very good pipe.

With that said, speaking from experience, you need to look for a different pipe that sits on the truck differently. I have the rdlogics on my tmaxx and its all dented up after one roll over. It sits between the rear shocks and rear bumper mounts, so if anything flexes, it puts pressure on the pipe, and dents it. I have also caught the stingers on teh ground doing wheelies that bent the pipe and cracked it.

My worry is that it does not have the place for the tube of the tank, as the stock have.

It has a fitting for the pressure line running to the fuel tank, its on the backside of the exhaust, very hard to see in pictures.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/trx_mirage
    "Here We Go STEELERS, Here We Go!"

RC Racer
    With wichs screwdriver can remove the screw of stock exhaust from the TRX 2.5 ?
    Thanks.
    Generoso Lombardi

RC Qualifier
    With wichs screwdriver can remove the screw of stock exhaust from the TRX 2.5 ?
    Removed
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 10-11-2005 at 09:40 PM.
    "You smell that? Do you smell that? Nitro, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of nitro in the morning."

RC Qualifier
    I heard the twin exhaust does not perform as well. I am not sure why, but many people shy away from the twin exhaust setup. Many say it does not perform as well as a single stinger.

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by More Juice
    I heard the twin exhaust does not perform as well. I am not sure why, but many people shy away from the twin exhaust setup. Many say it does not perform as well as a single stinger.
    Read my review, this pipe has extremely good performance.

Matt
    Traxxas Jato-Revo springs, the Proline Gladiator 2's in the rear and blades up font, 2.2 inch agitator rims. Traxxas St-Maxx upgrades- RD Logics dual exhaust, RPM arms, shock towers, and skids, Proline 40's Series Velocity 6 rims, Road Rage tires, GPM aluminum shocks, and a home made Rx pack.

Originally posted by matts' maxx
    how narrow the outlet pipes are
    They seemed awfully huge to me, guess I was wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Removed

This is a forum for help the people and to share experiences of r/c.
    Personal opinions on the life of we all would go avoided. However thanks the same one, even if yours post nobody will help.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 10-11-2005 at 09:43 PM.
    Generoso Lombardi

Re: Positive and negative judgments on RDLogics 1 Piece Twin Exhaust Tuned Pipe

Originally posted by captainharlock
    ē Personal Attacks. If you canít say something nice or at least constructive, donít say anything. Being belligerent and insulting to other members simply wonít be tolerated. (Warning points: 10)

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by ip42800ht

They seemed awfully huge to me, guess I was wrong.
    Nope, they are tapered at the end but about two inches of the outlets are the same size as the trx pipe. (I just measured it with calipers)
    Also the curve of the outlets create enough resistance to counter the fact that there are two outlets.

Matt

RC poster

rd logic twin pipe

I have the rd logic on my jato and i have no problem with back pressure. Its fast and loud just like they advertise. The one thing i do not like is how easily they bend and dent but you should expect that when you're doing wheelies and 65 mph. Overall i love it

RC Competitor
    i thought about getting one also but after speaking to a few people that had them they said not good because of no back pressure. i noticed theres 2 different designs on these. one with a single tail pipe on each side and one with dual tail pipes on each side. could this be the difference between the good and the bad. maybe dual tail pipes is too much flow and no back pressure ? does anyone have the one with dual tail pipes ? i sure would like to get the exhaust out the back instead of out the side and on the rear wheel and body.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    RD-Logics pipe = junk... Get a TSAIS... Check this thread:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...1-dual-exhaust
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Competitor
    so confusing, people on this thread say rd logics ok had no problems. people on the other thread say junk dont do it, nothing but tuning problems. have they improved the rd logics one or is it different strokes for different folks ???

RC Champion
    This thread is over 7 years old. The other is much more recent. In the long term the rd logics is more harmful to the engine because not enough back pressure is created from it. Whereas the tsais provides enough back pressure.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Competitor
    cernst29 post was today and he has rd logics and loves it. tsais pipes im sure are very good but also hard to find for the tmaxx from what i hear. and about $120 im told also.

RC Racer
    I have a 086 dynamite on my picco and my Tmaxx screams... Yet to touch the tune...