Thread: blast upgrades

RC Competitor

Thumbs up blast upgrades

which prop would be better for my blast the octura x430 or x 432, second would the graupner speed 600 be a good motor upgrade? would the stock esc handle it? if not what esc should i get? thank you, and yes if your wondering i plan to water cool it. i have a nitro vee and just bought a blast to see how fast i can make this little electric go thanks! any help would be appreciated

RC Competitor
    also if your wondering i found this stuff on funrcboats.com

RC Competitor
    or would i be better off with a titan motor from a villian ex and an xl-10 esc? thanks!

RC Competitor
    oooook i guess no one trys to make the blast any faster around here eh?? lol

I do not own a Blast, but from what I have heard a Trinity Chameleon 2 Pro gets the boat moving pretty fast.

Check out offshoreelectrics.com ... They sell a prop package for the Blast. I would recomend Carbon Fiber props over Copper though. My reasion being that they require no sharpening, ballencing, or polishing. They are also cheaper and will give you about the same speed as Copper because these boats do not have enough power to make them flex.

Happy boating,

Tom
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Competitor
    im not familiar with electric, how does the motor come out? is it the 2 nuts or bolts w/e you want to call them on the bottom of the motor can? and also undo the drive shaft? thanks any more info on the blast that might help me would be appreciated. where is the spot on the driveline to lubricate the shaft?
    2002 Traxxas Nitro Vee, 2005 Traxxas Nitro Vee, 2005 Traxxas Blast, and maybe a Villain or 2 if I can find a good deal from someone?!

The motor comes out when you unscrew the two screws on the back of the motor (side with out the wires). I am not sure how to dissconnect the drive shaft though.

Happy boating,

Tom

I just looked at the exploded views on Traxxas's web-site and it looks like the motor will come right out after the two screws are take out. It is not screwed to the drive shaft at all... To install a different motor you will have to take the motor drive cup off the motor by loosening the grub screw. Then install it on the new motor.

Happy boating,

Tom

RC Competitor
    seems pretty easy, ill give it a shot soon, i havent even seen my blast wide open yet, ive been using it in my 30' X 15' pool when i am too lazy to take my nitro vee to the river or lake lol seems like everything should be a direct fit? do u think the stock esc can take the trinity chameleon pro2? well find out soon enough!
    thanks
    2002 Traxxas Nitro Vee, 2005 Traxxas Nitro Vee, 2005 Traxxas Blast, and maybe a Villain or 2 if I can find a good deal from someone?!

I think that the Esc can handle a 18 turn motor, but do not quote me on that since I have not seen a Blast run. It should be fine though... If not I would pick up a water cooling kit. There is a guy on EBay that sells cooling kits (search for Traxxas Blast and you should find one). From what I have heard they work better than the Traxxas cooling kits and are less money! I think his kit also comes with some tubing so you can cool the Esc as well.

Happy boating,

Tom

RC Competitor
    yesterday i purchased the trinity motor, the traxxas water cooling kit, i saw the guys on ebay and their kits but he requires soldering and i think drilling too. im not into that lol i know i got to drill in the back but anyways, i bought the prop shaft and the octura x432 prop, ( i prefer copper) i ordered a few spare parts off ebay for a couple bucks, a reciever, servo and an xl-1 reciever if this one cooks. well see soon enough!

RC poster
    was curious how your upgrade went ?

RC Qualifier
    That was 9 years ago, throw a VXL in it and be done.