Banned by Warnings

Question Removing paint from springs???(for the bare metal look)??

i've had my associated blue aluminum shocks for a while now, and my red springs just dont go good with them, so i want to remove the paint off the springs,to have the metal showing, whats the best way to do it???? iv'e soaked e'm in carb cleaner over night, that didnt do it, so if carb cleaner doesnt do it what will?? i dont think paint thinner will do it. any ideas???
    Putting e'm on the wire-wheel works, but you can't get to the whole spring with the wire-wheel. tell me your tricks!!!!!

Also on the back shocks of my truck, i have doubled the springs(two on each shock), i was wondering, instead of doing that...what if i put one spring on, then cut the other one in halve and stacked them on top of each other(put some kind of spacer in their), instead of slipping one spring over the other.,<--do you understand what i mean?

Thanks, Adam

RC Qualifier
    paint thinner wiil work,,thats what its for. carb cleaner is for cleaning carbs but beware once they are bare metal they will rust fast. why don't you paint them silver?
    List of mods WAY too long!

Banned by Warnings
    well carb cleaner takes off just about anything!! and will destroy just about everything but metal, so i figured that should work. but i think these stock springs must be powder coated, cause nothings working! have you used paint thinner?, and it worked for you???
    iv'e painted e'm before, that didnt work, it wore off pretty fast.

Problem_Maxx
    DRIVE...thats how I find I get the most paint/PC off my springs

RC Qualifier
    well i can't say i've tried using thinner on t maxx springs, but i am a painter in a bodyshop and it takes automotive grade paint off anything. or if you can get a hold of it,,try some paint stripper. you should be able to find it at most hardware stores.
    List of mods WAY too long!

RC Champion
    I have used spray on paint stripper.Works good.Also my springs didn't rust.Slow
    I may grow old,but I refuse to grow up
    If your not living on the edge,your taking up too much room
    http://community.webshots.com/user/slowhanddd

Hmmmm..... You can also try oven cleaner. That stuff takes off anodizing!! Make sure you post pics when you do this.

RC Qualifier
    Yeh i was gonna say oven cleaner. I removed the anodizing from
    my GH head with it.
    We Who Are Not As Others

RC Qualifier
    i think paint stripper from autozone works great and instead of painting your spings silver since you want the "natural metal look" spray clear coat over them.
    3.0 sirio, Traxxas foc, Traxxas spool, BB pipe, nova pro race cooling head, dynamite CVD's, fail safe, MS air filter and RRP gear in the rear.

RC Racer
    Soak them in Laquer Thinner. Should wipe right off.

Banned by Warnings
    well i tried oven cleaner, all it did was clean the srings really good. and i had a few srings soaking in laquer thinner over night, and it made the paint bubble, and it kinda brushed off, but the inside of the springs still have paint on e'm. i cant find an easy way of doing this, it'll take me like an hour to do all my springs whis way. i have 16 springs on my truck(two on each shock). so now i have only one shock w/springs that has no paint on it, and it looks really good!! doing the rest this way will take to long. so unless someone has done this, and nows of the fastest way, i might just have to go to my local hardware store and get some paint stripper, or they even have some acid stuff in a metal can, i my try that. but i dont wanna go buying these things unless im sure it'll work. any other idea's
    BTW, i think the springs must be powdercoated or somthing, it's not reglular paint!!!

you could just buy new springs