RC Enthusiast

How do you tell if you have bad gas???

Hi guys I just put a half a tank of gas in my car 02 Sentra and it wants to idle very rough. Its never done this before. No check engine lights. Could I have gotten some bad gas???

RC Qualifier
    see if you can pull some out of the tank and put it in a glass mason jar or somthing like that and let it sit. if it has water in it the gas and water will seperate.

I would put some dry gas in the tank and fill it at a differant station with 93 and see if it helps.
    Its a T-Maxx thing, you wouldn't understand.

RC Enthusiast
    i just put some stp fuel sytem cleaner in and am letting it run outside right now. I will try and put some higher octane gas in it later tonight.

RC Qualifier
    At first i thought you were talking about farting
    "If I can control it, It's not fast enough!" My E-Maxx is now fast enough... 9918+9L

how do you tell if you have bad gas???

friends and family will make a comment like "aaaw man, that ones totally off !!!"
    and ill walk out all innocent and blame the dog who's sleeping

seriously tho, your car will run rough and lacks that "punch" it normally has

with my motorcycles i used to put a splash of methylated spirits (aka denatured alco) in my tank at the end of winter because it helps get rid of the condensation + moisture in there.

i wouldnt do that with a good modern car tho
    Im no expert. i just play one on the TRX forums

Banned by Warnings

your room will smell like

...nevermind....

RC Racer
    The wallpaper might start peeling and the parrot will keel over and die.
    Revo: RB TM323 shimmed for 33%, Motorsaver filter, Ofna micro failsafe, Airtronics 94358z single-servo, Airtronics M8 BL synth.

RC Qualifier

Lightbulb

when you can clear a room without making a sound silent but deadly
    T-MAXX,Venom Failsafe,Dubro fuel filter,RPM Skids-Bulk braces, RC Trix springs, Proline 50's chevytruck,IMEX PLUTO Rims,TRX humppack,RC Raven bumpers- bottom braces,TUFF TRUCKS shocksocks

Maybe there's some water in the fuel tank. They have these chemicals that you poor into the fuel tank and its supposed get rid of water.

RC Qualifier
    deffinetly try different gas stations...i know a few around here that have more water in there gas
    T-Maxx: motor saver air filter, traxxas high performance tuned pipe, ofna failsafe, Dodge Ram body, a "police" Dodge Power Wagon body, Hitec 645 steering servo, Blue RPM arms, and Dynamite Pro Shocks.

RC Racer
    Cheap, low octane, gas has a realitively short shelf life. Bad gas will have a distinctive smell and will be slightly dark in coulor.
    -FoX iⁿG-

RC Qualifier
    I found out (talking to a gas station owner) that you do not want to get gas while the tanker is filling up the tanks or for a hour or so after that. When they fill up the tanks the water will get mixed back up w/ the gas for a while. The way he explained it was that the water is put in there to keep the vapors from the gas down. I guess the water sits on top of the gas and kinda makes a seal.
    Just my 2 cents.
    LATER
    Tmaxx NVee Rusty 2.5R E-maxx Elec Rusty, Xtm Tmaxx