Thread: Fuel

RC poster

Fuel

Does anyone run 33% fuel in your tmaxx and if so how does it run compared to 20%

I ran 33% in my Slayer, it just ran too hot for my liking, and it also shortened the run time. I find that 20% is the best unless you're racing. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    Alright thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I ran 33% in my Slayer, it just ran too hot for my liking, and it also shortened the run time. I find that 20% is the best unless you're racing. Hope this helps!
    33% Actually runs cooler than 20% but it is more sensitive to changes in weather and the tuning window is smaller.....

Not only that but also keep in mind that different brands of fuel also make a difference in tuning...

But overall, 33% will pack more of a punch... Just make sure you have those tuning skills honed well for anytime you change fuels or nitro %'s....

You can switch fuels anytime, just make sure you do a full after run before you start using the different fuel..
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

30-33% nitro is the bees knees. Great power jump from 20% and the engine can be run cooler and richer, while still providing more power over an engine on 20% that is running leaner. I used 20 in the beginning but after using 30 just once, I never went back.

Disadvantage, smaller tuning window, fuel costs more.

Always retune for new fuel and use the proper glow plugs. Deck height should be considered but generally not an issue on Traxxas engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    33% Actually runs cooler than 20% but it is more sensitive to changes in weather and the tuning window is smaller.....

Not only that but also keep in mind that different brands of fuel also make a difference in tuning...

But overall, 33% will pack more of a punch... Just make sure you have those tuning skills honed well for anytime you change fuels or nitro %'s....

You can switch fuels anytime, just make sure you do a full after run before you start using the different fuel..
    So, hows does 33% run cooler?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    What do u have ur needles set at for 30/33%?

RC Qualifier
    It's in the manual and requires less energy to ignite so in turn produces less heat.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy31900 View Post
    What do u have ur needles set at for 30/33%?
    1 hour rich from the perfect tune... the perfect tune (start with the factory settings) you work leaning the HSN until you see no power gain, but still have a lite smoke trail at speed/WOT. Then back off the HSN an hour. (counter clockwise little less than an 1/8 turn)

RC Qualifier
    For me it seems to vary widely from carb to carb, but tune HSN first, then back off a bit and adjust LSN for response and you should be good to go. Start with factory defaults and follow tune procedure in manual.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC poster
    thanks everybody