JB weld is magnetic!

heh...i was jb'ing some neodymium magnets to something and the jb weld is magnetically attracted to the magnets!

Banned by Warnings
    hmm steel and hardener....what could possibly be magnetic?maybe the ste...nah

RC Champion
    JB weld is a two part epoxy, it's not just steel and a hardener, it might have soem metal in it though...

not that I have actually used JB weld, but I know it's an epoxy...
    original T maxx (pro .15) with a few custom touches... examples: ported engine, widemaxx, custom progressive suspension, extended chassis, pull start, custom front skid plate, etc...

Banned by Warnings
    Directly from JB weld website

"How does it work?
    J-B WELD is packaged in two tubes. One contains liquid steel/epoxy resin, and the other contains hardener. When mixed together in equal portions, a chemical reaction occurs that turns the mixture into a compound as hard and tough as steel -- and with similar properties."

RC Qualifier
    But thats not true, i have used JB weld and its not as hard as steel, is more like a hard plastic/rubber.
    "If you are not "Driving it Like You Stole it !!!" then you are Driving Like My Grandma. Thrilling Speeds… Roaring Crowds !!!"

Originally posted by Vipervenom848
    Directly from JB weld website

"How does it work?
    J-B WELD is packaged in two tubes. One contains liquid steel/epoxy resin, and the other contains hardener. When mixed together in equal portions, a chemical reaction occurs that turns the mixture into a compound as hard and tough as steel -- and with similar properties."
    It's not really steel, that's just marketing stuff. Kinda like traxxas calling everything they make a race truck/car/engine. (even a pro 15)

It must have some steel in it though. Oh and it's non conductive, isnt that strange? Not many things are insulators AND magnetic..hehe...

You guys should play with the stuff and a strong magnet, pretty neat. The goo is attracted to the magnet. When i put it on the magnets to attach them to what i was making, it spread out on the surface by itself.