RC Champion

In response, Show your love!!!!

Hey guys. Just like it says in the title. Show your love. I am going to do a then and now.

RC Champion
    continued...

Man its been fun.
    This is how they should look.

Last edited by Powerman; 07-10-2012 at 07:29 PM.

RC Competitor
    This truck was my first "grown-up" RC I bought for myself used on ebay. I ran have replaced the shocks with duratrax (I think, long time ago) threaded shocks, CF bottom and top chassis plate, CF shock towers, 360 stinger pipe, and BB conversion on steering. I added an EZ start when I replaced the old worn pro 15 this spring (I had 4 or 5 rebuilds on it). I located a Revo flat battery pack up front and got rid of the tail weight. I put a slash receiver box and 2.4G radio on it this spring as well. I am also running 2.8s on it. The crowd pleazer body is not the best, but it was the first one I ever tried to paint several years ago!

I know she doesn't look loved, but the dirt is from being at the track with it on Saturday!

Last edited by goodie1977; 07-10-2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: pictures

RC Champion
    Nothing to 'show' as I'm just getting mine back together and running after 2 1/2 years but this is what I have.
    Rustler 2.5R
    3.3 engine
    RD Racing aluminum upper chassis
    RD Racing aluminum front shock tower
    RD Racing aluminum tie bar
    RD Racing aluminum rear bulk head
    RD Racing aluminum c-hubs
    RC Parts aluminum steering bell cranks
    RC Parts aluminum rims
    FLM aluminum rear shock tower
    FLM aluminum extended a-arms
    FLM aluminum front bulk head
    Big bore rear shocks
    Jato front shocks
    Jato drive shafts
    Lunsford titanium tie rods/camber links
    MIP clutch
    Traxxas blue resonator pipe

I think that's everything. I hope to have some pics by the weekend.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Champion
    just had to do it didnt ya lol.. well since you sold me this truck i figured i would post some pics .. powerman sure did put alot of time into this truck lol.. more pics to come..

this is how i got it..

and i added these

and now

and again

i did end up trying the castors from the vxl but went back and forth on the idea, cause i like the integy front steering blocks and casters, i may end up going back to the vxl setup but for now this is how it is.. i plan to get a 3.3 and some proline dirt paws for the grass, maybe more upgrades but kinda on hold right now.. will have more soon..

to my knowledge the mods are...

rpm shock towers
    rpm body mounts
    rpm arms front and rear
    rpm bumper
    integy rear carriers
    integy steering blocks
    integy castor blocks
    rd racing top plate
    robinson racing tranny

hmmm.... i think thats all i know of lol.. poweman.. hes the man he maybe be able to add to the list as i havent really had to get into it much.. i will as soon as i get a new powerplant.. i have yet to attempt to drive it.. oh i almst forgot to add.. powerman is the man lol..
    Last edited by shizcol; 07-10-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Nitro rustler 2.5 x2, lrp revo,

RC Racer
    That is one sweet ride Shizcol. Yeah...like you said, you plan on putting a 3.3 in it. Now you're talkin. The only thing I would do different would be to ditch the EZ-Start and either "bump box" or put a pull start on it (you can still bump box it even with a pull start on it), a matching set of tires and wheels and Proline Power Stroke Shocks. The shocks alone are roughly $50.00 and thats just for a package of two.
    Last edited by Monte_1977; 07-11-2012 at 04:17 AM.
    Traxxas Nitro Sport w/ TRX 3.3 Racing Engine

RC Champion
    Thanks man yeah those rims and tires have got
    To go lol. I only put those on there so it can be rolling. But i plan to get something nice. I have alot of grass and dirt here so i want to get some really good tires. I have seen people run dirt paws and they seem to hook up really nice. Id like to
    Get some 2.8s tho but they dont make the 2.8 dirt paws. I hope to have the 3.3 soon. But we will see what time brings. Untill then i will keep adding stuff in. I really want to get a nice chassis first tho

RC Champion
    Goodie, Dirt is the best way to show your truck affection. LOL. Shizcol, If your gonna run in grass and dirt.Look for some goosebumps, gladiators, or badlands. You rusty will handle them all. If you go badlands your gonna want to upgrade the driveshafts to the slash or stampede 4x4 rear shafts. I bought them for it but, you now have the truck. I will save them for my other cars.

RC Champion
    Lol ok thanks for the tips. My only concern a out the badlands is that they are a really bug tire and i have a really short chassis. If i went with badlands id want them to look right. And another thing is the transmission. Can it handle that tire. I just need a nice lug for traction

RC Champion
    I found this pic online but this is what id like to shoot for.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by shizcol View Post
    I found this pic online but this is what id like to shoot for.

Unfortunatlly I cant see the pics due to security at work. The Badlands are big and put some strain on the tranny. I cant remember if I did the steel idler mod to yours or not. I was able to get a guy in the machine shop to make my idler for me out of cobalt. So far its solid. Take your tranny apart and look at the idler. If its steel then your good to go. If its plastic, badlands will trash it quick.

RC Champion
    The width of that looks like it has been jato modded. If you are shooting for that. Then go for the badlands. Look to be about the same size.

RC Qualifier
    before......... after...... i would like to get a new body but i only know of one so i have yet to do so

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    The width of that looks like it has been jato modded. If you are shooting for that. Then go for the badlands. Look to be about the same size.
    those dirt paws are 2.2.. are u referring to the 2.2 badlands or the 2.8

RC Champion
    Both are the same OD. I am not sure about the size of the dirt paws. But hey, If those are what you like. Get them. Thats what its all about.
    I will make the recommendation of investing in to some good bearings. And have some extras on hand.

RC Champion
    oh ok.. i got tons of bearings.. i usually always have bearings when i need them for all my trucks lol.. im gonna look into the tires more but ive looked up the sizes and the badlands look alot bigger.. i personally love the badlands.. i have had them on my revos and they kick .. i just dont want to shred my tranny.. i havent had time to get into the tranny yet but i will sometime this weekend.. been working alot.. thanks for the help man..
    Last edited by Double G; 10-16-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: language

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    Unfortunatlly I cant see the pics due to security at work. The Badlands are big and put some strain on the tranny. I cant remember if I did the steel idler mod to yours or not. I was able to get a guy in the machine shop to make my idler for me out of cobalt. So far its solid. Take your tranny apart and look at the idler. If its steel then your good to go. If its plastic, badlands will trash it quick.
    So i finaly took the time to tear apart the tranny in my rusty, and its all plastic. So im wondering if my truck will even take a 3.3 powerplant lol. Does robinson racing make metal gears for the rusty? I havent been able to find any

RC Champion
    Nope. RRP only makes the planetary and sun gears for the diff. I know it has those already. Input shaft is steel stock. You can make a steel idler by cutting a 20t bell clutch and adding 2 bearings. Got to cut shaft out of old plastic idler though. Idlers are cheap. Buy a bunch of them. Or keep it a 2.5. A 3.3 in a rusty requires alot of wrench time. And even more spare parts on hand.
    The rusty will handle a 3.3 as long as you gear it right. And use the right tires. With big tires like the pins tires you like. The tranny will get ripped to shards if your geared to low. Gear to high and it will overheat. The nature of the oversized pins themselves makes them very hard on the drivetrain.
    Using the badlands with the 3.3 or 18tm has been tough on my idlers. I finally found the right gear combination and tune to make the car perform well, without tearing stuff up. I am running 24/72 on the buku clutch. OS .18tm tuned slightly rich hsn and slightly rich lsn. I can finally take off without pulling the front wheels off the ground. And it will still break loose in the corners. On open yard speed runs. Pulls wheels off ground nicely when it hits the pipe. After a hard run temps stayed in the 250-260 range. I have yet to see what the top speed is. I need to go to a school or large parking lot. I tried on the road beside my house. I had to let off before it wound itself out. I got skeered. LOL

RC Enthusiast
    Here is mine not done yet. I dont know if I like the jato front arms on it. Might go back to the RPM rustys.
    It does have a jato 2 speed tranny and rear arms and sway bars. Pretty much a jato rear end.

RC Enthusiast
    I do have a RD Logic top chassis for it I just dont have it on.

RC Champion
    Dude, You have to make a video of that thing running. I wanna see it shift. I would bet its a handfull when it does. Love it man!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I will make a video but I have to take it to a parking lot. I live on a dirt road and I can't keep it going straight. It wants
    to spin out. As soon as I'm able to bring it to a parking lot with someone to video I'll make it but it is fun. I can't wait to race my friend and his Jato. I do have a big block engine sitting here. I wonder bigger chassis bigger engine. Hmmmm

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro sipping View Post
    I will make a video but I have to take it to a parking lot. I live on a dirt road and I can't keep it going straight. It wants
    to spin out. As soon as I'm able to bring it to a parking lot with someone to video I'll make it but it is fun. I can't wait to race my friend and his Jato. I do have a big block engine sitting here. I wonder bigger chassis bigger engine. Hmmmm
    Can we all say it together?? LOTS OF BACKFLIPS!!

RC Champion
    Really like the rusty powerman. What kind of receiver box is that you're running? I have been looking everywhere for one ti fit the rusty and cant find one. Thanks in advance. Also, I am running the badlands and I love them. I just got the dirt hawgs 2's and I gotta say im not that impressed but I do like the way look. But I think ill stuck with the badlands.

RC Champion
    @ Nitro sippin....is it me or are your fuel lines connected to the opposite locations?

from your pictures it looks like you have the fuel inlet to the carb coming off the pressure side of the tank...hopefully it was just for the photoshoot.

"Red"