Thread: throttle trim

RC Enthusiast

throttle trim

What does the throttle trim do, where should i set it, bc i cant seem to get mine set strait.
    Team Evolution N. Rustler...2.5, but upgrading to fr.18, alum. towers,c hubs, titanium turnbuckles, cf upper chassis, widend, and custom set suspension,Upgrading radio system, moved battery pack, pullstart, claw dawgs rear, blades front, dyed dishes, custom body...Titanium silver, metallic gray tribal flame....also soon to claim a vangtage racing CF tuned pipe

RC Champion
    Throttle trim is basicly idle adjustment. When you start your truck and its loading up you might need to speed up your idle slightly. Also if youve opened full throttle and looked into your carb (with engine off of coarse) youll notice that it doesent open full. Slightly open your throttle (using trim) at ilde and when you hit the track you will get every bit of throttle you can. Though i idle just find at 0 trim but you may find diffrent results.
    "Dont drive faster than your angels can fly" -Me-

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas state's in the manual that you are NOT suppose to use the throttle trim to adjust idle. The throttle trim adjust's the neutral point of the servo when you arent touching the controls. Its easier to explain using steering trim so, if the truck pulls slightly to the left when your not touching the control then you adjust the trim (neutral position) slightly right until the car goes in a straight line, you have now properly adjusted the steering trim. The same is true for the throttle trim, you adjust it so it completely closes the carb and almost begins to apply brakes
    1 - T-Maxx TRX 2.5 - $150 spent on upgrades so far
    1 - Rustler TRX 2.5 - $900 spent on upgrades so far

RC Champion
    If your truck pulls to one side check to see if a bearing is hanging up or if a tire is loose or something. THEN use trim. >.<
    "Dont drive faster than your angels can fly" -Me-

RC Qualifier
    I simply used that as an example, but the fact remains that you told him to do something that is expressely suggested against in the manual, and that was the easiest way to clearify why. Furthermore you contradicted yourself, you say dont use the streering trim to correct steering but rather look for the problem, but use the trim to correct an idle rather than find the problem.

~Rob G

RC Qualifier
    Speaking of throttle and Idle Speed. When my Rustler is standing still....it still seems to want to move. Also when I pick up the back end the wheels start spinning. What should I be adjusting? The Rustler runs great so I'm pretty sure the High and Low Speed adjustment are fine. Should I be working on the idle adjustment?
    FangsCPO
    "How fast was I going Officer?" Wow?

RC Qualifier
    Go ahead and try lowering the idle, if that has little to no effect then richen the LSN slightly