Thread: Nitro vee

RC Qualifier

Nitro vee

so if there is anyone that is knowledgable on the nitro vee, i hav this problem with the cooling system. the water line is hooked up to the exhaust line and the water is supposed to come out the exhaust, but i put my boat in the water and did a lap around my pond and there wasnt a drop of water running through the cooling head. there are no kinks in the water line, no clogs or anything...does anyone know whats wrong?
    Last edited by hoovdog; 04-12-2008 at 06:00 PM.

well, hmm no idea man sorry.

water passes through the cooling head on those? lol since when?!

i wish i was more of a help man. terribly sorry. someone else should know whats up though
    Learn by doing

RC Champion
    Try to call traxxas. Not many people who own revos have a nitro vee
    You can only have 2
    Cheap-Performance-Reliability

RC Champion
    i own a nitro vee i got for free from a friend awhile ago, but hardly run it since i'm always messing with the trucks. When u say there is no water running through the cooling head, what do u mean exactly. When u give it wot u should see a little blue smoke from the exhaust and it will shoot a stream of water out the back, haven't messed with it too much so i'm not all that familiar with the vee
    need4spd

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by KyLeader7

water passes through the cooling head on those? lol since when?!
    Since the very first NV left the traxxas manufacturing plant

As for not seeing water, the water pickup requires the boat to be moving inorder to push it through the system. Make sure the water pickup is in place and in the water. It does not take much clog that pickup with weeds or debris. As for hose routing, make sure one goes to the water pickup, and the other outlet on the head needs to split and go to the exhaust manifold and to the muffler at the back of the boat. Also check that the fitting on the bottom of the exhaust manifold has a fuel line that is ran to driveshaft bearing block.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.