RC Enthusiast

Talking

Yep that's how ya do it. You should see some fuel dripping out, that's all the fuel that's making it mess up. It's pretty easy with ez start because you just push a button.

RC Qualifier

Red face How do you deflood your engine?

I have a pull start engine and it won't pull it seems like its locked. I think the engine may be flooded. Or is it something different? I was wondering if you could tell me how to deflood a pull start engine. Unless the engine isn't flooded, maybe you know whats wrong.

RC Enthusiast

Talking

Try taking out the glowplug and putting the car on its side and yanking the cord a few times,should clear it. Ben

RC Qualifier

Heres a tip to aid in starting after that,SLIGHTLY loosen the glow plug that will let SOME compresson escape after it starts TIGHTEN IT UP!

RC Qualifier

Maximum ST, I have tried that, and when I hit the easy start button, fuel bubbled out and shot everywhere. Then I had to clean it up before my stupid dog licked it.

------------------
    If it aint' loud,it aint' worth drivin

RC Racer

Talking

Hey sager20,

They guys are right...just pull the plug, turn the truck upside down and crank it over until all the excess fuel seems to have displaced itself. Just be careful not to get any in you eyes as it is blown from the cylinder as it burns like fire!

MC

RC poster

It also helps to only start your engine with the gas tank about a quarter of the way full. This keeps the gas level below the carb and thus, no more hydro-locking. After it is started up, finish filling up the gas tank. Since I started doing this, I haven't flooded in about six months.
    jcmaxx

RC Enthusiast

Another thing that I learned with the ez-start is if it does flood, do what everyone else was saying about deflooding, then when you re install the glow plug, unto the red wire to the ez start motor and hit the button. This will just heat the glow plug and burn any excess nitro out of the cylinder. you could also use a glow heater to do the same thing.

------------------
    Casey
    Upstate NY
    T-Maxx Owner