RC poster

Brushed Motor Suggestion

Again I am new to emaxxs' - I am looking to replace the tired titans. I know there are tons of upgrades available and most steer towards the brushless.
    I am looking for a simple and relatively inexpensive upgrades to the titans. I dont want to replace the batteries or esc right now. I have looked at the kershaw options, and I am open to those, but wanted some input from actual users. Again, I dont want to go crazy, because I dont want to have to excessively replace tons of parts. Thanks Dan

RC Champion
    You could go with the Titan 775 from the Summit. Long lasting Brushed Motor with tons of torque.

And plug and play - you don't even have to solder anything since it comes with 2x2 connectors.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 07-09-2014 at 10:50 AM.

RC poster
    Is that a single motor or dual motor? I have a 3906 oldie...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dacostadesigns View Post
    Is that a single motor or dual motor? I have a 3906 oldie...
    Pretty large single motor that comes with the stock summit.

RC poster
    Ok I have looked it up. I wonder if it will work with the old 3014 Orange Novak?
    I also email a seller about a custom mount for the 3906 trans...

RC Champion

Brushed Motor Suggestion

I don't think the Titan 775 drops right into the emaxx. It hits the side of the transmission, if I remember correctly. Also, the motor mount holes on the 775 are spaced for 4mm, and the emaxx mounts are 3mm.

If the motors and ESC are still in great shape, I'd consider selling them and upgrading to a castle sidewinder 8th setup. It's around $150-$180 new, and runs an emaxx great.

RC poster
    So does the 8th setup need to have a different motor mount? Or does it simply mount to one of the openings in the stock plate? I like the fact that it accepts 6s Lipos (my other lipo dilemma - see other post).

Also I see a few Kv options. Since I am looking for a more reserved set-up should I go with a high Kv (3800), or a lower 2200? Would the batteries determine that as well?
    -Sorry lots of questions...

RC poster
    How are the HPI 1145 GT 550 Brushed Motor 14.4V used in the E-Savage?
    Are they better or just about the same as the titans?