Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Racer
    i do not exspect the 3.3 4 tec to be around much longer although traxxas says it will always have a fast car wonder what and when it will be out it is time for something better i am going to something different trinity,serpent something.

RC Competitor

Foam Tires

Man I could not keep my tires on my rims so I tried my first set of foams.I love em.They are dustier than rubber but wow they grip the asphalt great!!

I found some Jaco's-can't remember numbers offhand but man I love em!!

Yes I've been out within the last couple days rippin up my new foams!

.............gosharpie97.
    Traxxas Rally
    Hpi Blitz ESE
    Jammin SCRT10
    Ve8

RC Competitor
    Can someone update at least some links?

Thank you

RC Qualifier
    I agree. Alot of the part links are out dated. I was thinking of getting one of these but I'm not sure if Traxxas is going to keep this one alive. Seeing as how it got the car of the year you'd think they'd do something with it. I love the look of this car but HPI seems to be more behind their on-road kits right now. Maybe on-road rc is dead? I'll wait till the end of the year and see if Traxxas does anything with the 4-Tec. If they don't then I'll pick up an HPI road kit.

RC Racer
    Good idea, you can't even get hop up parts for it anymore. On road rc isn't dead, it's just that traxxas can't keep up with the times with a convenient, upgradeable, on road car. It's not that I don't like traxxas, it's the fact that the nitro 4-tec is only good for going straight fast, and the electric 4-tec is so out of date.
    Cars can fly too!

RC Qualifier
    I'm really surprised that Traxxas hasn't come out with the VXL 4 Tec. I mean, they pretty much have the "E" everything else to match the Nitro version.
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!

RC Racer
    And even the fact that they don't support their nitro 4-tec with hop up parts or any upgrades for that matter. People have been modifying their nitro 4-tec's to electric, isn't that saying something?
    Cars can fly too!

RC Qualifier
    I posted this in another thread but think I will do again here.

If you are having handling problems due to too much power for a given road surface, try a drift gyro! My 4Tec and my friends 4Tec would get all squirrelly if we gave them more than 1/2 throttle. As in the rear end would suddenly snap around and cause wild spins. Not cool! We both tried ALL kinds of tires, same story. Added the gyro, set to a low sensitivity, and we both can just romp on 'em and go straight! What a difference!
    US Navy retired, now - FAA air traffic controller

RC Racer
    ya but a gyro is like $100
    Cars can fly too!

RC Qualifier
    I agree the gyro IS expensive....but add up all the tires you go through by constantly spinning out and I think it would be worth it. I, myself don't have $100 to drop on the gryo at the moment but it sounds like it would be worth a shot.

RC Qualifier
    No they are not that expensive! We each bought one and they were about $29. Do a search for drift gyro.

RC Qualifier
    One of the RC mags did a race setup on the 4-Tec. They need a VXL version. HPI seems to be doing well with their brushless on-road kits. Add a 2.4 and price it the same as the Slash 4x4. I'd buy one.

RC Qualifier
    What I REALLY want to find is a set of wheels/tires that are a bit TALLER than all of the road car sets on the market. I am just sick and tired of the car bottoming out at speed. I have the suspension up as high as I (think) I can get it but there is soooo little travel. Any ideas? Please?

RC Racer
    I have been wanting a "factory made" VXL 4tec for so long I broke down last week and purchased a Sprint2 flux . Its the first HPI product I have ever owned, infact its the first non-Traxxas item I have ever purchased. I was going to convert my 2.5 4tec into a VXL but I enjoy having one 4tec for speed runs and one 4tec thats actually controllable. The HPI is not to bad though, except for the fact that I have already fried the skinny little rear belt from debris getting in the rear bulkhead after 2 packs and with stock gearing its nearing 200 degrees after 5 min of running on my spc 2s 5000. Overall I am dissapointed I had to go to another company to get a brushless touring car.

As for my 4tec, I am going to have to get my hands on a gyro since you guys seem to be having good luck with them. Anyone have a link for that $29 gyro?

I know in the past people have run the older HPI super nitro wheels and tires on the 4tec for more clearance among other things, they have a 12mm hex, are taller and suposedly clear the front bumper at full lock. You just have to hack out larger wheel wells on all your body's. I have been wanting to try this for a while but whenever its time for new rubber on the 4tec's I usually just get another set of stockers or cheap foams as they seem to be the best bang for the buck.
    Last edited by highrpm666; 06-13-2010 at 11:54 AM.
    N4tec x3
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler-in a box

RC Qualifier
    Exceed RC Drift Pro GD-4 RC Car Drifting Gyro @ hobbypartz.com

Try this ^^^^^^^

Has anyone actually used those HPI wheel/tires? They look to be waaaay too wide.

RC Qualifier
    Okie Dokie boys and girls - I ordered the HPI super nitro wheels and tires. Now to see what they can do hooked up with the gyro! The gyro made it controllable even on semi-slick asphalt, and with the adjustable steering through the 2.4 radio and the taller, wider supers it may be the beast it wants to be! I'll hack up the new/unused stock body to test, then maybe hack away at my C6 (clone of my BIG car) body if all works well together.

RC poster
    Hi,
    I have read all the information above and find it much informative and save it in my pc.
    Thanks for providing such a useful info.
    Dwayn

RC poster

Need help

Does a supercharger really help at all for my nitro 4 tec

RC Qualifier
    I've heard nothing but negative things about it. Everything from you won't be able to notice a performance increase to too much strain on the motor causing motor failure to waaaaay too expensive for the little to no gains. In my opinion it would look sweet on a shelf queen, if you want to spend that kind of money on something that will sit on a shelf that is. That, and the 3.3 is too much to handle for this car....no need to add extra power. I would say don't waste your money unless you just want it for show.

RC poster
    Alright thanks for the info ive heard that alot but no thats not what I want it for. Are there any other power adders for more performance?
    Last edited by Ajleal; 11-28-2011 at 06:14 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'm sure you can swap out the 3.3 for a different motor but other than that, I wouldn't know of any. I have enough trouble keeping this beast straight with the 3.3. No more power needed for me.

RC Champion
    Ajleal.. what 4tec do you have.. The 2.5 or the 3.3.. or one of the early first ones? I can't really see any need for more power than this car already has. I love to drive fast and everything I own is very fast. The 4tec is the one car I haven't really done anything to other than run foams. Its already way over powered as it is. I have tried the supercharger on a nitro truck a couple of years ago and while I did notice a slight power increase (most likely from running too lean) its not worth the money and I sold it. Tuning was a pain and just not worth the trouble..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC poster
    I have the 3.3 and do the foam tires change anything and thanx for the info about the supercharger wouldnt wanna waste money on that

RC Enthusiast
    For those of you having trouble with the hobbietowers.com links, the fix is to change the www2 prefix. Change the www2 to www3 and the pages will come up.

The rest of the links are another problem as they are just gone or do not exists anymore.

Good luck,
    Doc

RC poster
    hey pc.pro.doc, i'm in NE Ohio also. I just recently got into the on road nitro cars. where do you run yours? are there any clubs or tracks around cleveland? thanks
    Ben

RC Qualifier
    Not sure if this helps, and there may be more out there. These are just the tracks listed on this site. http://www.therczone.com/tracks/sear...=United+States

If you Google "RC tracks in Ohio" there are a lot of sites listing tracks. This was just the first one I came across.

NW OH here and only have one that's fairly close to me.

RC poster
    hi i bought a traxxas 4 tec form a buddy and he had it all carbon fiber but last time he drove it he crashed and broke the carbon fiber upper chassis i have looked everywhere and cant find one can anyone help me find one or make one im willing to throw up some cash if i can get another upper chassis carbon fiber please help

RC Qualifier
    Your best bet would be to keep the old one as a guide and make your own new one. If you search for graphite-girl on ebay, she can send you any size of carbon fiber you ask for. I usually get a 9"x12" of 2.5mm when making parts. It's around $60 with shipping. Which isn't bad at all since you can make every piece you will need for the 4 tec out of that 9x12. I was even able to make a lower chassis too. That's the best I can suggest. If there are any factory pieces out there, good luck finding one. I was able to get one about 3 years ago. I tried to get 2 but they said that was the last one they had and it was in the UK. I crashed and broke that one. That's when I found graphite-girl on ebay. Give it a try. It's pretty easy, just time consuming.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey, does anyone know, if anyone makes steel cvd's for the 4tec 3.3? i didn't see them on this list, and would realy like to get some. I have them on my revos, t-maxx, and jato. But can't find them anywhere for the 4-tec. If anyone can help i would appreciate it. Thanks! (and steel is deffinitly stronger than aluminum, for sure!)

RC poster
    I currently have a jato 3.3 but looking for an awd road car... I like the 4tec but my only concern is the drive line for the front... is there any known.issues with the belt?

RC Racer
    With proper belt tension, which is mighty simple on the 4tec- I am unaware of any known issue that are particular to the 4tec's front drive belt. All belt drive on-road cars suffer from the occasional rock in the pulley when driven in dusty sandy areas. I have 3 tec's, been tearing it up with this car since 2001 or so, very reliable car indeed. More commonly you will get a rock stuck between the spurs and pinions of the 2-speed, they pop right out and your back in action. My nicest 4tec, which has more cash in it than i'd like to share still has a few random parts from my first 4tec on it, 11 years later and still gets bashed hard. Buy one and don't look back!
    N4tec x3
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler-in a box

RC poster

graphite and alluminum parts

Just how big of a market is there for tbhis parts. If the markeft is big enough there are two fabrication companies in this twon. .One plastis/graghite and one alluminum. Im thinking of approaching both to see if they would be interested in supplying certaian parts.If so they maybe the only ones that i know of period.And what RC mags are around please help. Thank You.
    Last edited by brent69; 10-05-2012 at 11:51 AM.

RC poster
    wow this is sad.im the last one to havemade a post on this forun.ive given up on anyone supporting the tec so im going to have parts that i want made. i know have the c and c guy,have the engine set up i want i just want a narrower chassis and use wider tires it will need it it has just about all the rest.however if anyone has a contact for upgrades please let me know. thank you.

RC Racer
    Well be prepared to spend 70-100 on one i have seen them go that high on ebay used

RC Qualifier
    is it just me or has Traxxas released some hop-ups for the 4-tec.. I might have to break mine out
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Racer
    Is there any upgraded brakes for the 4-tec ?

E-Maxx. Spartan. 4x4 slash. 2x4 slash x 3. Mini revo and summit
    E-Maxx kershaw 700`s 4x2 slash 4x4 slash vxl

RC Racer
    yes there is a brake upgrade its made of graphite and is reasonably thicker than the stock .but like most parts for the nitro 4-tec its hard to find and usually aren't cheap

RC poster
    Sure the handeling may not be great but with a few hop ups this car can be

www.duilawyerrightnow.com/
    Last edited by timothyperez; 04-03-2014 at 04:56 AM.