Thread: gyro

RC Qualifier

gyro

Today was the 1st time I had a REAL chance to test the drift gyro that I placed on my 3.3 4Tec. WOW!!! What a huge difference it made in controlling this little beastie. The sensitivity was set to nearly minimum. For the 1st time I can go full throttle and control it. No more swapping ends because of poor traction. I can also go into a turn much faster and get on it coming out without swapping ends. If you have even considered one, do it. I had tried all of the "miracle" tire combos and nothing. BUT the gyro is the real deal!
    US Navy retired, now - FAA air traffic controller

RC Competitor
    What is a gyro? Can you post a link or a picture I'm new to the 4 tec

RC Champion
    I've seen them used before with some success. I have a spare one from one of my helicopters and may try it as well.. I don't really need one, but it may be fun to give it a try anyway. I've finally got mine handling pretty well at this point mainly by being very careful with setup. but it surely can be better.

RC Qualifier
    Cenracer - I bet it will go from handling pretty good to wonderful!

XMKBX - just do a search for "gyro" and you'll find lots of info. Any of the 'net hobby shops have them.

They are very small and if you stick it on the top of your rcvr box, with two sided foam tape, It is easy to tune.

RC Qualifier
    Please look into this. As I said, many folks talked about the tire cure ... not! This is the real deal.

RC poster
    i need more info on this gyro

what does it do?

how does it do it?

RC Qualifier
    Exceed RC Drift Pro GD-4 RC Car Drifting Gyro @ hobbypartz.com

Do a search on drift gyros and there are videos that show a lot more than I could tell you.

RC poster
    Ok, so i bought a Gyro, but it's not working with my 2.4GH rx. Would anyone know why?

This is the Gyro i bought.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/310802796052...ht_1731wt_1153

RC Qualifier
    That gyro is for a helicopter. Helicopter gyro's control the tail servo to keep the tail steady and pointed where you want it. Drift gyro's control the throttle of a car to keep it from spinning out. Even though their jobs are similar, I don't think they're interchangeable.

RC Competitor
    There is a YouTube video for a erevo with pretty good before and after clips.

RC Champion
    almost 4 years later this thread pops back up. I tried an HPI Gyro on my 4tec and it did make a difference, but not to the point that I would call it a WOW difference. I can't speak for Dkrhardy because his setup is most likely different than mine. I swiped mine off a drift car just to play with it. There are no magic tires or special tricks to getting a nitro 4tec to handle perfectly, I doubt it ever will, but careful setup with good fat foam tires will make it handle much better than stock. What the gyro is doing is detecting changes in direction faster than you can react to them and adjusting the steering servo to counter act them. They work great and help with poor handling cars.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3