Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    I spent a year in Brag back in 03. That's when I bought my RS4-2, ha! I didn't know of any tracks for on road near by, and I'm pretty sure we looked. There was one hobby store and it was terrible. I think the actually sold cigarettes in the shop too. I drove over an hour to purchase the RS4 too. As for tires, good luck. I have had the best luck with HPI X Pattern but even those only lasted about 5 tanks or less. I have one tec for drifting (now a shelf queen) and the other is for dirt (rally car). I just used the HPI vintage tires to break in. The tread started separating from the sidewall. The tread is still like new but the tire is falling apart. Never saw that before. The Tec eats tires like crazy. I tried foams too and huge chuncks just started pealing off. By the time I was done, one of the tires was completely burned off down to the rim. So.....sorry, can't really help you out with a tire recommendation. I bought a carbon fiber disc break from New Era hobbies. Honestly, I think the stock one works a lot better. It takes a lot to stop a 70mph RC.
    As far as Short Course trucks. I have a 2WD slash VXL which is awesome (and cheap...as in inexpensive) and a Slayer Pro which is awesome! The Slayer, there aren't a whole lot (none as far as I know of) upgrades or hope ups. Not even RPM A Arms out for it. As for the Slash, 2 or 4WD, there are endless upgrades available. I have 4 Nitros and 1 electric. Love the Nitro so I am going to be bias. But I have a lot of fun with both. So it's going to come down to personal pref. Hope this helps!
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!

RC poster
    Sweet man thanks for the help. Yeah I will try the x-patterns. Yeah I was leaning towards the electric slash. Does anyone with a 4-tec have issues with HPI bodies not fitting properly?

i was thinking of getting stock tires that i have on mine which are these: http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi....pl?pn=TRX4873
    i havent found just the tires itself only the rims and tires together

RC Champion
    Air4-tec.. the HPI bodies should fit fine, you may have to fiddle with the body post holes.. I've seen just about everything mounted on a Nitro 4-tec.. just make sure to get the 200mm bodies or the wheels will stick out too far..

As far as a recommendation for tires, I only run foams, and its hit or miss with them.. I run 30mm rear and 28mm up front.. I've been running the cheap ones from ebay lately as they don't last that long, maybe 6-8 tanks at best, but I get more out of them than the rubber ones.. I'm lucky if I get a tank or two before they blow up..

Short course trucks... Slash 2wd or 4wd.. I've been running a slash 2wd for a couple of weeks now and I love it.. Its a friends truck and we literally beat the stuffing out of them.. Head on collisions and constant crashing and the only damage seems to be a C hub or shock every now and then.. He has a slash vxl 4wd that I really like..The handling is about same as the regular slash, but the brakes are unbelievable.. Wish my 4tec could stop like that.. Either one of the trucks are super tough and alot of fun to race..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC poster
    hi .... a rusler with a .18 trubo os nice combo had it sinc 2007 i cant be stop on my locol track

RC poster
    Hi All,

M going to buy a 4 Tech 3.3 in a couple of days from dubai and i live in Pakistan where there is no parts available for this car except for the fuel. can you all please suggest what else should i buy with the car for future breakages or any hopups which are necessary.

Please also suggest tyres for drifting are the stock tyres and wheels durable.

Regards
    Farooq

RC Qualifier
    I would get some extra belts, maybe tranny gears, glow plugs (3232X seem to work the best for me), and maybe the body that you really like with some paint. If you break something and have to wait for parts, painting a new body would give you something to do while you wait. And if you break a front or rear belt, you can still get away with front or rear wheel drive only, at least until parts arrive. You never know what you are going to break. Seems like I break something different every time I crash. So if the parts are within your budget along with the vehicle purchase, throw them in too. A arms, bulk heads, differentials, pullys, etc. Better to have them and not need them, than need them and not have them.
    The stock tires should be fine for drifting. I have an older 3.3 and I think the newer ones come with slicks now. I use PVC/ABS pipe and cut out my own drift tires. One 10ft piece of pipe will give you quite a few sets of tires. However, if you get 2 inch pipe (i think it was 2 inch, it's been a while) you will have to sand down the stock wheels a little to make them fit. Then just hot glue them and they are perfect for drifting!

RC poster
    thanks for ur input.
    Any more suggestions?
    Glow plugs are necessary
    air filter oil
    any thing else?

RC Enthusiast
    The Nitro 4-Tec was my first on road car as well. I did almost exactly the same thing most people do with this car and ran it head on into a parking block. I basically destroyed the front end and steering servo, however, after getting all the parts and fixing the car, I was able to wrench most any of my other subsequently purchased RC cars, nitro or electric. The Nitro 4-Tec is a great car and I look forward to getting a new one soon. In the meantime, I am looking forward to driving my new Traxxas Boss 302 Mustang which just arrived today!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    to much info

RC poster
    OK i need some help i need some spur gears bcuzz wen i was driving my 4-tec something happened and i saw some little smoke coming out of the Back right side of my car and i found out that both of my spur gears had some teeths melted idk how but they still work but im curious that they will affect my cars performance. My 4-tec came with both optional gears (1st gear 45t & 2nd gear 41). But i also read in a thread that "more teeth= more acceleration" and that "less teeth= more top speed" and its hard to pick bcuzz i want good top speed and good acceleration... i was thinking that i should buy 1st gear 41t and 2nd gear 41t therefore i have top speed and acceleration...its hard to think but i need some advice before i buy em'...

RC poster
    http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/17545/
    So your saying this body and any other 200 mm body will fit on the 4 tec 3.3?

RC Qualifier
    That is correct. Check that body out on ebay. Just bought one for $20 minus shipping. The guy had 4 left...they were on sale.

RC poster
    Would these tire fit on my 4-tec?I'm concerned there may not be enough clearance with the rims

http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...ducts_id=17046

RC poster
    I would also like to say sometimes I have some trouble with my 4-tec
    with flooded engines and so on. So my number one tip would be hold it evenly.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Farooqbash View Post
    Hi All,

M going to buy a 4 Tech 3.3 in a couple of days from dubai and i live in Pakistan where there is no parts available for this car except for the fuel. can you all please suggest what else should i buy with the car for future breakages or any hopups which are necessary.

Please also suggest tyres for drifting are the stock tyres and wheels durable.

Regards
    Farooq
    RPM parts are very strong.
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC poster

tires

Does anyone know if there are tyers with rims that are32 mm rear instead of 30 mm.im still going to run 28mm in the front thank you so very much.
    Last edited by brent69; 10-17-2012 at 11:51 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by brent69 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are tyers with rims that are32 mm rear instead of 30 mm.im still going to run 28mm in the front thank you so very much.
    probably, but they will rub and quickly become 30mm...they 30mm wheels just fit and will rub a bit with excessive flexing on high speed turns.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC poster
    Thank You for your time and your reply.

RC poster
    Thanks for sharing information.It is quite informative post about nitro .The VRX Blade is a 1/10 scale nitro radio controlled truggy. The model has been developed with a wide range of users in mind from beginners to seasoned pros.
    Regards
    helen
    Nitrotek