RC Competitor

All Terrain Nitro 4Tec (aka Nitro Telluride)

Ok, so after looking at my 4Tec collect more and more dust, I question why I still had it? I like on road cars, but I get bored after a while. I have seen others make an off road version of there 4Tec, like the Rally conversion, and thought this was the best route for me as well. Then I see my Telluride and the ideas started to flow! It really wasn't too difficult to make the Telluride suspension work with the 4Tec. There was only minor modification to the chassis for the arms to have the desired travel room. I had to push the rear shock tower out for the body to mount properly. I also had to trim the arm mounts on the bulkheads to extend the wheelbase about 10mm, spacers added to keep them positioned properly. I also added a remote engine start (XL 2.5) and kill using a 2080 servo. I used the shortest gears and pullies to lower the ratio to compensate for the bigger tires. It is a blast to drive and obviously fast. The remote kill and start are the huge conveniences on this truck. I already have the remote start added to my Revo 3.3 and Jato 3.3 as well.

That's sweet, clean build. Can you post a YouTube video of it running?

Wow, that's amazing! Got any more pictures?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Thanks. I will get more pics up soon. Here is a video of the remote start and kill for now. I will try to get an actual running video.

http://youtu.be/uMlWdnS9VcQ

RC Competitor
    I haven't had time to run it yet, but here is a quick pic with the body on.

RC Competitor
    Here are the angles with the body off.

Notice the 2s lipo and esc mounted? That is what I use for the on board starter and the lipo also powers the servos.

RC Qualifier
    ... I wish could've thought of the remote start with revo..... That would've saved me from selling it.... Lol well how'd you do the mod to the remote?
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Competitor
    The esc is run off of the 3rd channel. The only touchy part of the setup is that when you turn it on, you need to move the switch to the middle for the esc to see "neutral" or it wont arm. Not much to complain about though.
    The wire for the ez start motor and the glow plug run off the motor leads on the esc. I found an old EZ start, where the battery was zip tied to the starter, cut it open and took out the resistor to bring the voltage down for the glow plug. You can see the resistor by the engine, long and black, I have it heat shrunk. It works pretty well and I love the convenience.

RC Competitor
    This was my original conversion, but the tires were too tall for the available gearing options on the 4Tec.

RC Competitor
    Sweet! Thats gotta be sweet at that speed off road.
    It All Started With A 1/16 Summit Vxl......